PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Sept showers & Segway

AmBo
09-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Hey guys, looks like the week I'm going to be in Disney (Sept 7-12) is going to be rain all week :( Is this typical for September weather?

My concern is it's going to rain and I really don't want to do the Segway tour in the rain. Should I cancel the tour now or stick it out? Anyone do the Segway tour in the rain?

Thanks guys.

Praying for sun,
Eric

joanna71985
09-02-2008, 11:41 PM
I believe it is canceled if it rains. It really isn't safe to drive a Segway in the rain.

AmBo
09-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Ooooh ok well that's good to know. I would assume then that you'd be refunded. :blush:

MNNHFLTX
09-03-2008, 10:48 AM
I don't know what time your tour is at, but the earlier it is the better chance you have of missing rain. Typical Florida weather patterns are that the thundershowers build with the midday heat. Of course, that theory could be thrown out the window if there's a tropical system like a hurricane or tropical storm in the area.

I would stick with your original plans and take a chance. In summer it rains in Florida nearly every day, so there's no point in missing out an activity because of a chance of precipitation, IMO. :mickey:

AmBo
09-03-2008, 10:56 AM
I don't know what time your tour is at, but the earlier it is the better chance you have of missing rain. Typical Florida weather patterns are that the thundershowers build with the midday heat. Of course, that theory could be thrown out the window if there's a tropical system like a hurricane or tropical storm in the area.

I would stick with your original plans and take a chance. In summer it rains in Florida nearly every day, so there's no point in missing out an activity because of a chance of precipitation, IMO. :mickey:

Yea, that's true. I was there last Sept around the middle of sept and it rained everyday between 2 and 5. Just a quick 20 minute downpour and then it was fine.

However, this trip, the forecast says "morning shower" on accuweather which scares me. Our Segway tour is the 9am one. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best I guess! :number1:

2MuchWDFun
09-03-2008, 02:31 PM
We took the segway tour a couple of years ago...great tour BTW...and was told that if it rained you would just do the first part of the training which is an obstacle course inside innoventions and they would refund half the ticket price. I can't recall if you had the option of cancelling the whole tour completely.

I'd call and ask just to be sure.

You are going to love the tour. We actually went during the F & W festival and WS was open to the public early so we got to ride through the crowds. We felt like we were in a parade...we all waved and said "hello" to everyone. It was a blast!

Strmchsr
09-03-2008, 03:12 PM
However, this trip, the forecast says "morning shower" on accuweather which scares me. Our Segway tour is the 9am one. I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best I guess! :number1:

Accuweather, like the weather channel, changes every single model run. All of these mass weather websites are just plug-n-play. The models run and plug in the numbers. There's no actual forecaster looking at the data and interpreting it, so take what you see on those sites with a grain of salt. Good for generalities, not specifics. Look at the weather forecast thread at the top of this forum or the local TV stations for a better idea of specifics.

Ike could be a problem in the latter part of your vacation. That's not a probability, but a possibility. Barring a hurricane you're looking at what you've previously experienced - scattered afternoon thunderstorms. Nothing big.

AmBo
09-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the reply strmchsr! I've been keeping a keen eye on your weather thread daily. I hope we have good weather when we're there. Weather can make or break a vacation and it's her first trip there in 15 years! Unlike me who goes 2x a year, this could put a sour taste in her mouth :(