PDA

View Full Version : NEW Sleeping Beauty Pre-Parade at MK

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-02-2008, 08:31 PM
I didn't get video or pictures but there is a new pre-parade at MK for the release of the new Sleeping Beauty 60th Anniversary DVD.

It features Maleficent, the Three Good Fairies, and of course, Aurora. I didn't see if the dress was pink or blue. It better be blue.

kakn7294
09-02-2008, 08:53 PM
I didn't get video or pictures but there is a new pre-parade at MK for the release of the new Sleeping Beauty 60th Anniversary DVD.

It features Maleficent, the Three Good Fairies, and of course, Aurora. I didn't see if the dress was pink or blue. It better be blue.I'll bet it's pink! :D

DWHUBBY
09-02-2008, 09:05 PM
it doesn't matter to me what color her dress is...she is my favorite of all the princesses! My DS thinks I am nuts (he doesn't like girls...yet). I will get a picture with her any chance I get.

LauraleeH
09-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Ooh, maybe they will have a special dress that changes colors. Make it PINK! Make it BLUE! ;)

I take the Ferry
09-02-2008, 09:24 PM
We were there on Labor Day Monday, we saw it. I figured it had to be new, all the cast members around were watching it with interest.

Only 1 float, the fairy godmothers dance before the float, the prince and princess are on the float, and Maleficent is just behind them on the float, facing the rear.

The music that was playing was cool, it was Once Upon a Dream. But it was sung by a young female. Could be Hanna Montana for all I know... not sure I've ever heard her music before.

It was cool, though.

I was more excited that the bridge was complete, and the parade went through the entire park again. Yay!

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

kakn7294
09-02-2008, 09:34 PM
it doesn't matter to me what color her dress is...she is my favorite of all the princesses! My DS thinks I am nuts (he doesn't like girls...yet). I will get a picture with her any chance I get.Does your wife know? I'M TELLING!!!

Dyanna
09-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Tell me more about this pre-parade. Will it be avail still in Novmeber?

joanna71985
09-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Tell me more about this pre-parade. Will it be avail still in Novmeber?

I am going to say most likely not. It most likely will only be around for a few weeks.

DisneyWhirled
09-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Does your wife know? I'M TELLING!!!

Hehehe...yes, I know :)

And he thinks I sleep too much!! Maybe that is why he married me, he loves the "sleeping beauties" :)

kakn7294
09-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Hehehe...yes, I know :)

And he thinks I sleep too much!! Maybe that is why he married me, he loves the "sleeping beauties" :)Phil thinks I sleep too much too - and Aurora is his fav Princess as well. Of course, he says it's because she's a blonde.

scoot241
09-03-2008, 08:42 AM
It better be blue.

You sound like my wife. :mickey:

My wife argues that Cinderella's dress was actually white, and Aurora's dress should be blue for all the merchandise.

At DL during the Parade of Dreams Aurora's dress was purple.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Cinderella's dress is white. I'll also accept gray or silver.

But, it is NOT blue. It was never blue. The only time it was blue was when there were shadows on it from the sky or the reflection of the water.

You can clearly see it when she transforms into the dress, as well as on the cards for Trivial Pursuit.

As for Aurora, her dress was never pink. The entire time she physically wore the dress, it was blue. Blue, blue, blue. And at the end of the movie, the dress is still changing as the book closes so you never see the final result but I've watched it and the last second you see it go blue. But I'd assume it went back.

So yes, I hate Disney for that. Cinderella's dress should be silver, gray or white. Not blue. Aurora's dress should be blue, not pink. I hate how she looks like a Barbie.

I take the Ferry
09-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Wow.

Never knew there was such controversy about the dress colors.

Insanity Clause
09-03-2008, 10:15 AM
It most definately should be blue. And I don't know why they decided to give Cinderella that color. She never wore blue!!

This is my favorite princess as well. So, yes, I am a bit impassioned about her. I like Cinderella and the new princesses but no one beats Aurora.

scoot241
09-03-2008, 07:38 PM

But, it is NOT blue. It was never blue. The only time it was blue was when there were shadows on it from the sky or the reflection of the water.

You can clearly see it when she transforms into the dress, as well as on the cards for Trivial Pursuit.

As for Aurora, her dress was never pink. The entire time she physically wore the dress, it was blue. Blue, blue, blue. And at the end of the movie, the dress is still changing as the book closes so you never see the final result but I've watched it and the last second you see it go blue. But I'd assume it went back.

So yes, I hate Disney for that. Cinderella's dress should be silver, gray or white. Not blue. Aurora's dress should be blue, not pink. I hate how she looks like a Barbie.

Oh trust me I understand the whole argument. I'm just not very passionate about it.

I could see this meeting happening whenever they decided on the princess colors:

"Well, one day we might make wedding dress dolls, so we can't have Cinderella in white."

"Well, the dress sort of looks blue at this one point in the movie."

"Great, we'll make Cinderella blue!"

"But Aurora's dress is blue."

"Aurora's dress keeps changing colors; we can just make her dress pink."

"Done!"

sophie peach
09-03-2008, 07:42 PM
hope its there in 9 days!!!!!!

Main Street Jim
09-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Shouldn't that be the *50th* anniversary edition, since Sleeping Beauty premiered in 1959? I haven't seen the pre-parade thing yet, so I don't know...

eas423
09-04-2008, 10:21 AM

This is cracking me up, because I did this same thing when I was a kid (watching the movie and paying very close attention at the end) and I thought it ends as pink! :D

As for this pre-show, I hope we might catch when we are there in 2 weeks! Thanks for the heads up!

Imagineer1981
09-04-2008, 12:59 PM
MAKE IT PINK!!!!

he he...actually I don't care one way or the other, but being in the shoe business, the best color accent for girls shoes are PINK #1 followed by blue. And since there aren't many princesses with pink...aka Cindy is in Blue (at the parks, white in the movie) and Jasmine is in Blue, Belle is in yellow, etc, they needed a Pink Princess, and Aurora fit the bill

LauraleeH
09-04-2008, 01:57 PM
MAKE IT PINK!!!!

he he...actually I don't care one way or the other, but being in the shoe business, the best color accent for girls shoes are PINK #1 followed by blue. And since there aren't many princesses with pink...aka Cindy is in Blue (at the parks, white in the movie) and Jasmine is in Blue, Belle is in yellow, etc, they needed a Pink Princess, and Aurora fit the bill
And Belle is in blue occasionally...not her princess dress, but still.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Actually....Ariel has a pink dress. The one she wears to dinner with Eric.

kakn7294
09-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Actually....Ariel has a pink dress. The one she wears to dinner with Eric.Yeah, but if you see her at Akershus's Princess dining, she's in an light green dress!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-05-2008, 02:01 AM
Yeah, but if you see her at Akershus's Princess dining, she's in an light green dress!

I know, but the argument was that there were no Princesses with a pink dress. Ariel has/had a default pink dress. So everyone could have kept their original colors.....

Although, I will say...I do love her aqua dress. They could just put Meg back out. Purple is close enough to pink.

kakn7294
09-05-2008, 02:10 AM
I know, but the argument was that there were no Princesses with a pink dress. Ariel has/had a default pink dress. So everyone could have kept their original colors.....

Although, I will say...I do love her aqua dress. They could just put Meg back out. Purple is close enough to pink.It is pretty but I like the pink one too. Cinderella's dress always gave me the impression that it's a pale smoky silver with white trim. I like Aurora in either color but the blue is prettier. And who says girls have to wear pink anyway? Let's put one in black 'n gold!

biodtl
09-05-2008, 08:29 AM
I like Aurora in either color but the blue is prettier. And who says girls have to wear pink anyway? Let's put one in black 'n gold!
I think the blue is prettier, too. Hmm...maybe after I recover from making Belle's dress, a blue Aurora will be my next venture. It'll probably take me until next Halloween before I forget that I don't have the patience.

And my princess wears black and gold all the time.

kakn7294
09-05-2008, 08:51 AM
And my princess wears black and gold all the time.We do too!

andreallybadeggs
09-05-2008, 05:26 PM
I don't mind so much anymore but the dress that used to bother me when I went through my "everything should match" stage was Snow White's. Yellow with dark blue top + red & light blue trim, etc...C'mon already...pick a color and stick with it.:D

Texas Tinkerbell Too
09-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Oh, I hope this parade is still around when we arrive Sept19th! Sleeping Beauty is my favorite princess.

Pink dress? I guess I need to watch Sleeping Beauty again today to closely watch the end. I always thought she wore blue. My vote is with you Jessica, she should wear blue and Cindy should wear white.

dolphinmickey9170
09-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Well Kathy, Jess, Karen and John, Ben's favorite princess doesn't even wear a dress.:blush:

Jasmine wears pants! :rotfl:

I'll vote blue too! Because that is my favorite color.

Jessica, have you seen it again yet? What color is her dress in the float? I also heard that the movie cover would be blue?! Any thoughts?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-07-2008, 08:36 PM
If you search for the Sleeping Beauty 50th DVD, they very conveinantly covered the dress so you can't see the color.

Lucyrella
09-07-2008, 08:50 PM
What an interesting thread.... last year for our trip, my 4 year old wanted the original blue Aurora dress to wear to the P & P party.... it took weeks but I finally found one on the internet.... When we checked into OKW they asked me who her favorite princess was, (it was her birthday) and I told them Aurora... well we received balloons and a card, and it was Aurora in her blue dress in front of the castle. She was one very happy little birthday girl. Now when we went to meet the princesses at the party, she was in a pink dress... very interesting...

Cool thread!:thumbsup:

andreallybadeggs
09-08-2008, 05:08 PM
If you search for the Sleeping Beauty 50th DVD, they very conveinantly covered the dress so you can't see the color.
I'm not worried...Merriweather is one very tenacious gal. She'll keep zapping it blue until they give up. :thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Oh, for Halloween, I'm making a blue Aurora dress. And I plan to wear it to the parties, and be like "Looks like my dress is the correct one!"

broadway_chick72
09-14-2008, 06:25 PM
The music that was playing was cool, it was Once Upon a Dream. But it was sung by a young female. Could be Hanna Montana for all I know... not sure I've ever heard her music before.

There had been a girl group that did a poppy version of "Once Upon a Dream" a few years ago. They had the video on a DVD of Sleeping Beauty whenever it was released from the Vault or something...

countrycharmer
09-14-2008, 06:40 PM
I wish it would be there when we go for Christmas, what a wonderful treat for my DD's.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-14-2008, 08:28 PM
It's...the other girl from Hannah Montana. I can't remember her name.

It's cool, the float is really pretty. The opening is the title bar with the Royal Guards, Fairies are in front, dancing, followed by the float with Aurora and Philip (in pink...grrrrr) on the front, and there is an arch with Maleficent behind it, being all evil.

joanna71985
09-14-2008, 09:29 PM
It's...the other girl from Hannah Montana. I can't remember her name.

Emily Osment (Lily)?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Yeah, her....I think that's her. From the video I saw anyways.

Well, in my defense, they all sound the same.

Pop Centurion
09-14-2008, 11:19 PM
If you search for the Sleeping Beauty 50th DVD, they very conveinantly covered the dress so you can't see the color.True, it has the shield with the title covering it. I have it in my wishlist on my DVD database program and there's no picture of the back cover yet to see what picture they may have there.
Interestingly I've found that the 2003 release in the US and Canada has a partial pic of her on the cover (Sleeping with Phillip leaning over her) wearing pink, while the UK and Brazilian versions from 2003 shows her sleeping with Phillip standing over her full length and she's wearing blue.
The 2003 version from Australia is a little different from the US and Canada version whereas they are in the same position but kissing instead of her sleeping and she also is wearing blue.
There's also a 2002 UK, French, and Swiss version with the same cover as the 2003 Australian version.
Finally, there's a 2002 French and Swiss collectors edition (La Belle Au Bois Dormant) which is different from all the rest. It shows Aurora sleeping (full length) with Phillip standing over her, similar to the UK and Brazil version. Except the whole cover is in different shades of Purple with a scary picture of Maleficent's face in the background. Best cover art of them all IMO but gives no reference to dress color.

Anyone confused yet? :silly:
I can see why there's so much debate over the color.

Since we can't post pictures, anyone interested in the pictures of those covers can PM me. I'm sure there easily found searching google too.

prttynpnk
09-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Wow.

Never knew there was such controversy about the dress colors.

I feel like I haven't been paying proper attention!
;)

LauraleeH
10-08-2008, 05:15 PM
The parade isn't running still, is it? I never got to see it :(

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-08-2008, 08:44 PM
It might be. I haven't been there in a while to find out.

glenpreece
10-08-2008, 10:56 PM

I agree!! it should be blue. I have a postcard from several years back and she is with Philip and dancing in her BLUE dress!!!!! I asked her one day why she wears her pink one all the time and she said that way the kids don't get me mixed up with Cinderella. lol Oh yeah Cinderella hair was not yellow blonde like now. She was a more honey orange blonde.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Oh that's another thing I've gotten - when I was working with Jane from Tarzan, a little girl asked why her hair was blonde when it was auburn-red in the movie. She just looked at the girl, then to me and I said well, it's kinda like Cinderella's hair - when we broke her from the movies, the magic caused their hair to become lighter.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Emily Osment (Lily)?

Yep...it's Lily from Hannah Montana.

Figment104
10-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Wow and here I though I was weird (partially because my husband keeps telling me so = ) ) that it matters what color her dress is. I'm firmly on the blue side!!!

Does anyone know if this parade is still going on we'll be there in just 2 days!!! :mickey:

paragon
10-11-2008, 07:17 AM
During our 9/27-10/4 trip, the pre parade was dong on, and the dress was PINK, I just reviewed all of my photos and noticed this.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-13-2008, 08:29 AM
I was working yesterday and I noticed they were coming back from the parade (Aurora and Philip) so I know it was running yesterday.

Cinderelley
10-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Ahhhh! I wish there was a dinner with Prince Phillip, like the one for Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare. ;)

Blue!

trekrobyn
10-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Is the Sleeping Beauty pre-parade still happening? If so, could you clarify (never seen it) - when you say "pre-parade" does this mean, essentially, that it's the first float out on the parade route, before the "official" parade? Can you stand anywhere along the parade route and it will pass you?

Thanks!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-30-2008, 04:00 AM
The parade is no longer running.

It runs the normal parade route it is sort of the post-grand Marshal, but pre-official parade float, themed to whatever promotion they have.

Like the parade will be Grand Marshal, if there is a pre-parade, the the actual full parade.