PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's Trip Within A Trip Report Day 6

Beach Club Babe
09-02-2008, 01:41 PM
We are up quite early this morning, as I did not feel like packing last night. It feels so weird, as I am usually packed for 6, but it is only 3! I finished a lot sooner than I thought I would! We load the car and drive around to the lobby to check out.

We are now on our way to spend the rest of the day in MK! We park, and then decide whether or not we should take the tram. We should have, but we didn't! My fault! But still, in practically no time we are aboard the express monorail, and then through the gates and onto Main St. Everything just feels right as we make our way up to through the castle and into Fantasyland!

Peter Pan is posting a 10 minute wait, so we decide on that instead of fastpassing it. The wait was probably more like 5. Next onto iasw, since Emily spies it. No wait there either. We are on a roll. Next it is time to visit the Haunted Mansion, the wait is posted at 15 minutes, but again, more like 5.

We have decided to bypass the mountains of Frontierland, as Ron does not want to get wet and does not really enjoy BTMR. Those will have to wait until next time. We cut across to Adventureland and Emily and her dad have a moment on Aladdin's Magic Carpets, while I scoot over and grab fastpasses for Jungle Cruise. I meet them and ask if they want to visit with the Tiki Birds, but surprisingly Emily does not feel like it today. Instead, we venture over to Pirates and see a 10 minute posted wait. There are now tons of people pouring in just ahead of us. They all choose the left side, so we opt for the right. There probably was a 10 minute wait on the other side, but we can walk right on and are even told to pick our own row!

Our fp window will be opening shortly so we decide to just hang out rather crisscross. Emily spies the shrunken jungle boats for the 1st time and is thrilled with playing with those. Just in time, our fp's are ready! We have a pretty good skipper, not the best, but certainly not the worst, and good group of passengers.

Back to Fantasyland we go, and walk into a showing of Mickey's Philharmagic. Emily really wants to ride Dumbo, but by this time the line is way too long for me and I try and talk her out of it. If she can't have that, she wants to meet Ariel! Another long wait! I guess we are too soft and cave in. Ron waits in the ungodly long line, while I go off in search of fastpasses for Pooh. I return, and the line has barely budged. I grab a seat and a frozen drink, and wait for what seemed like an eternity, but they finally emerge.

We are all starving, so it is off to Columbia Harbor House for Fish N Chips for Ron, and Emily and I each get the Anchors Aweigh Tuna sandwich. Of course, she will not eat the whole thing, but she really loves tuna! We get our usual seat upstairs overlooking the Haunted Mansion and take a break from the heat.

Once we are refreshed, we journey over to Tomorrowland, and head for Carousel of Progress. I really had to laugh here. Apparently, they had been giving out surprise fastpasses for this at Buzz Lightyear??? Anyway, there was a long line going down the ramp for people with these fastpasses, but the line for standby, was the usual walk on. I was so confused by this sight, I had to stop, look, and think about it, before I was sure I was doing the right thing! Next it is on to the TTA. We check out the Laugh Floor, but it is a 30 minute wait and by the looks of it, it really was. Perhaps later. We grab fastpasses for Buzz Lightyear and head over to use ours for Pooh.

We really need to grab a seat for the parade, so we make our way to the hub area, and find one of the last few spots available. Ron prefers to stand, while I sit on the ground and Emily remains in her stroller. The lady behind us was making me quite nervous as, she was leaning on the stroller the whole time. I felt like grabbing everything out of the back pockets, but kept a close eye on it instead. I turn to say something to Ron, and right away this woman assumes, I want to get up and grabs me under my arm and starts yanking. I was really kind of taken aback by this, and I probably told her a not such a nice way to stop,that I didn't want to get up, and please not touch me. Ron figures, she was just ready to jump in my seat.

After the parade, we head back into Tomorrowland and ride the TTA one more time. We have to get our fill of it before we leave. We then use our fp's for Buzz, and I score my usual dreadful score! Oh, the humiliation! Oh well it doesn't really bother me. There is no longer a wait for Laugh Floor, so head on in and are seated in about 3-5 minutes.

We are starting to think about when we want to head out and get on the road, what we have done, and anything left that we want to do.

Emily is all over going to Toontown, so that is where we head. She wants to visit Minnie's House, but my goodness it is packed with people. I don't think I have ever seen it that crowded. We go through quickly, and Em is a bit disappointed, but we tell her she can cool herself off a little at Donald's Boat and she's OK with that. She is dying to play on the playground there, but I'm very reluctant, as the last time she did not want to leave, and it was not a pretty picture with me crawling in a house after her and have a bunch of shrieking toddlers scream in my ear. I think it is better to hop on the train and have a relaxing ride around the park. as we are approaching the Toontown Station after making the loop, Emily is begging for a bit of time in the playground and promising she will leave when asked to. Again, I cave, and she is making some more friends. I give her plenty of time, and she does come when we ask her to. We tell her that is almost time to leave and head for home. She really doesn't want to go and pleads with us to ride The Barnstormer, I'm not the only softy, as Ron agrees to take her!

We cannot decide what to do for dinner. If we should eat here, at a resort, or somewhere on the road. Emily clearly does not want to leave the magic so soon, so she decides it's better to eat here, and that would at least by her a little more time in MK. We had been cutting through tomorrowland and heading toward the Noodle Station. I ask if they want to eat here, so we do. Emily has kids meal, but I cannot remember what it is. Ron has the orange chicken, and I have the noodle bowl. It is all very good.

Our last mission, will be to head to the Emporium and other shops, and try to find some last minute souvenirs for those who did not get to come with us. We are successful, but now we must return the stroller and head for the TTC and our car.

We find our car, and head for the Hess Station to fill up, since it is the cheapest we've seen gas all week. I also get a bag of ice and some drinks for our cooler for the ride home. We depart he Hess Sation at 7:39 PM and begin the drive that will take forever.
More details to follow.

pdrlkr
09-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

tinkerbell04
09-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the report, Heather! I always have enjoyed reading your reports and these have been no different!

KylesMom
09-02-2008, 02:25 PM
What a trip of ups and downs, Heather! I'm glad you were able to incorporate a few days with Emily at Disney, but I can't imagine how difficult it was to let go of Courtney. Uh-oh, it doesn't sound like the drive home was very nice! :(

At any rate, thanks as always for sharing with us. I look forward to the next family outing! :thumbsup:

Lizzie
09-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the report you managed to do a lot in one day at the MK.

DizNee143
09-02-2008, 04:03 PM
wow you guys sure did manage to do alot at the MK..sounds like you all had a great day there..:mickey:

princessgirls
09-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Heather,

You did mangage to find the magic all while getting Courtney set up.

You made some nice memories for Emily as well.

I know all about long rides, just did a 13 hour one on Saturday coming home from Myrtle Beach. I hope it went smooth for you.
Thanks for the report!
Julie:mickey:

iheartmickey
09-03-2008, 08:23 AM
Sounds like another terrific day! You really manage to get it all done and sounds like you all really had fun!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
09-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Sad that your trip is ending, but that was such a wonderful day for the three of you. I don't blame Emily for trying to make the Magic Kingdom Magic last as long as she can. Thanks for another great report, Heather. :mickey:

RedSoxFan
09-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful day.:mickey:

faline
09-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Heather, I always enjoy your trip reports as you include such detail that I feel that I'm walking right alongside of you!

What an odd thing for that woman at the parade to do!

Your day at the Magic Kingdom sounds wonderful! I don't blame Emily for not wanting to leave!

DisneyorBust
09-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us!:thumbsup: