PDA

View Full Version : Kidcot- Masks - Passports??

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Can someone please clairfy for me the difference between the Kidcot stops, the Masks, and the Passports?

:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks!! :mickey:

Strmchsr
09-02-2008, 01:22 PM
The passports you buy. They're about $10. You get than at the gift shops in World Showcase. At each country the CM will write a message in your passport in their native language and there are stickers to put into the book for each country.

The Kidcot/Masks are no extra cost. You pick one up and at each country your child is given an extra thing to hang on the mask and can deocrate his/her mask. The CM from that country will also put a stamp on the handle. when you get all the countries they give the child a special treat (chocolate).

There's also a kidcot in future world that works similarly.

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the response! It sounds like the masks are more time consuming and more artsy-craftsy, right? (someone will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong.)

We'll just have to decide which will be more appealing to our kids.

Anyone care to offer feedback on which one your kids enjoy more?
Thanks! What a great community this is! :rocks:

thumperbug
09-02-2008, 02:04 PM
The masks are more artsy-craftsy. My son will usually spend a good 20 mins decorating his mask at the first kidcot stop. The he manages at every other country to find something else on the mask to color.

We have quite a collection of masks so for our next trip I am going to go with the passport books in order to do something different.

Strmchsr
09-02-2008, 02:17 PM
My DS8 likes the passport better because he loves the personal messages written in them in another language but he also enjoys the masks. A lot of times I'll sit with him while he decorates his mask while DW enjoys looking in the various shops. It's a good distraction.

KAT1811
09-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the response! It sounds like the masks are more time consuming and more artsy-craftsy, right? (someone will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong.)

The masks are a bit more time consuming but for us that works well because we each have a chance to walk around the countries while our children decorate their masks (one of us stays with them at all times). They also get a kick out of collecting the "charms" at each country. You can however, limit your children's time at each stop. They are only as time consuming as you allow them to be. If you are worried about spending too much time at each stop try giving a 5 minute time limit at each stop. There isn't too much room for decorating on the masks so after awhile they move rather quickly. It seems to me like the first countries are the ones you spend the most time at.

The "passport" is a bit different and IMHO more suited to older children. Our 2 & 4 year olds will love making their own masks (this year will be our 2 y.o.'s first mask as she was 10 months on our last trip) but collecting stamps in a book would be almost totally lost on them. Our 11 year old however, will love collecting a little note and stamp from each country. I'm sure she will make a mask as well.

The best part about both of these offerings is that they entertain the children while the adults get a better look at each countries offerings.

Have fun!!!

Goes4FastPass
09-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Kids like the masks.

Am I the only parent that has looked at his watch, figited and thought, "There's much to see. We can color back in our room, or back home for that matter."

tinksmom02
09-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Kids like the masks.

Am I the only parent that has looked at his watch, figited and thought, "There's much to see. We can color back in our room, or back home for that matter."

No, I fidget like that, too.

Then, towards the end of the day, DH runs around like a lunatic trying to find the Kidcot station in each country, just so DD can be done.

Oh, and just to clarify, DD got a poster both times she completed her mask. She would've preferred chocolate :mickey:

sophie peach
09-03-2008, 04:12 AM
my son gets a passport every year !
easier to carry around

DisneyWhirled
09-03-2008, 08:55 AM
My kids (6&9) have always done the masks. This trip we bought DS9 the passport and he really enjoyed completing the visits to each country, putting the stamps on and attempting to interpret the language in each country (especially when they wrote his name).

Oh, yeah...DH and I both fidget. I want them to have an opportunity to color at each station, but it is a time killer :)

What we do for our kids!!

homeschool mom
09-03-2008, 01:26 PM
We did the masks a couple of times with our DDs who are now teens and don't care for that stuff anymore. We have never done the masks with our DSs.

On our last trip, at Test Track we got a lanyard with an attached card that had 5 or 6 holes at the bottom. In each country in the World Showcase and in each pavillion in Future World, we just got the cutouts and had the CM attach them to the card on the lanyard. Most of them in World Showcase were also stamped with the country stamp that is usually put on the handle of the mask. This was pretty unique and we didn't have to wait around for coloring (I fidget too).

I also collected cutouts from each country/attraction and put them in our trip scrapbook.

Last trip I also made my kids passports. I went online and downloaded clipart of each country's flag and copied it onto heavy paper (4 per page) They may not have been as nice as the $10 passports, but each of my DDs really enjoyed getting them signed by CMs in each country.

10 days and counting! WOOHOO! :party: