PDA

View Full Version : WDW inspired Halloween Decor??

jaredkari
09-01-2008, 10:17 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had any good ideas or websites with projects and ideas for halloween decorations or displays based WDW (such as Haunted Mansion props and effects). I have found a great website

http://www.imagineerieing.com/

that has a great magic mirror like from Snow White which you can make talk to trick or treaters on halloween. I have built an enclosure for my magic mirror and am extremely excited for halloween to see the trick or treaters when they see it.

Just wondering if anyone else had any ideas or links to stuff on the web. Thanks :mickey:

jaredkari
09-05-2008, 06:01 PM
does nobody have any good ideas??

Tick-Tock
09-05-2008, 07:13 PM
We've done Haunted Mansion and Pirates.

For HM:

I read about someone creating the head in the glass ball effect by cutting out a hole in a table and having a person put their head through. That was a little far for us. We had a bride (with a flashing red light for a heart) in an attic scene, lots of ravens and bats, gargoyle, cemetery, a floating candleabra, lots of spiders and webs, Master Gracey's grave (with rose), a HM sign (found a cool frame that looks like the molding), and wrote "welcome foolish mortals to the Haunted Mansion, home to 999 happy haunts. . . but here's room for 1,000" in chalk on the driveway. Wanted to draw the hitchhiking ghosts but ran out of time (though for lots of $$, we could have bought some on the internet). Played Grim Grinning Ghosts.

For Pirates:

Lots of skeletons, all with eye patches and kerchiefs. Tried to recreate the pirate skewered with a sword with a bird's nest on his head. Treasure chest with lots of loot. Signs "Dead Men Tell No Tales" and "Beware." The cemetery again (our favorite). Played spooky music.

A lot of this stuff is stuff we have from year to year, just refurbished (like the skeletons - I just added swords, kerchiefs, and eye patches).