PDA

View Full Version : Which moderate is best for bus service??

jaredkari
09-01-2008, 10:11 PM
We are looking to stay at a moderate but wanted to see which one everyone thought was the best as far as bus service. I guess what I am concerned about is we stayed at Riverside and there were like five stops, so everytime you got on you had to wait to do a full loop of the resort before heading for the parks. We stayed at French quarter where there was only one stop and got on and usually headed straight for the park. We are considering Caribbean Beach or Coranado for our next trip and wondered what people thought of them. Thanks :mickey:

BronxTigger
09-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Caribbean Beach has 7 stops around the loop.

Coronado Springs has 4 stops around the loop.

lilolvr
09-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Csr!!

Tinkerbella16
09-02-2008, 07:03 AM
I guess it depends on the time you go for bus service. Last year we stayed at POR and rarely ever had FQ on the bus, or dropped off FQ from the parks. And sometimes the bus would pick us up at the bus stop right by our Building (#24), and go straight to the park and not stop at the other stops...people weren't too happy, as we went by, their arms would be thrown in the air.

CBR has a lotta stops, I know that...but not sure exactly. And CSR has a few also.

buzz2001
09-02-2008, 08:06 AM
Definitely CSR!!

kakn7294
09-02-2008, 08:40 AM
The only moderate we've never stayed at is POR. We've had good bus service at all moderates. Sometimes you do have to make the circuit of the resort, but it's usually only a few extra minutes and didn't make much of a difference for us. The least crowded buses we've ever experienced at a mod was this last trip at CSR but it wasn't by much. POFQ is still my fav mod, followed by CBR.

wilshade
09-02-2008, 11:48 AM
I stayed at Coronado Springs. Though, that resort did not turn out to be my cup of tea, I DID like the bus transportation there. Never waited very long, the stops are covered, and the buses were not usually crowded (this was Dec).

c&d
09-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Coronado Springs had some of the best bus service. We didn't share our buses with any other resort. I also think because it's a convention hotel there were very few people on the buses during the day.

When we stayed there it had the prime bus stop at MK. First bus stop in the bus area, short walk to and from the park.

KAT1811
09-03-2008, 03:03 PM
I would go with CSR they had the best bus service we have ever had. We hardly ever had a full bus (unless it was at park closing) and there are only a couple of stops so it moves rather quickly. The busses ran frequently as well. Plus like a PP stated there is a large amount of conventioneers staying at the resort who never use the ammenities or visit the parks leaving them almost wide open for the remaining guests.

nikki'smom
09-04-2008, 05:51 AM
Csr!!

Pocahontas
09-05-2008, 06:19 PM
I have stayed at value, moderate, and deluxe resorts and really haven't seen much differance in the bus service. Sometimes there is no wait for a bus and occasionally there's a long wait of about 20-30 minutes (however this was very rare, usually 5-10 minute waits).

The one real differance I saw, is that the value resort buses always seemed to be full. The moderate and deluxe buses fluccuated in amount of people on them. I do agree that CSR had the fewest people on their buses. This is probably due to the fact it is a convention resort, so fewer people go to the parks.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-08-2008, 12:07 AM
CSR!

We've only ever waited 5-10 mins for a bus. The best bus service I've found. At CBR we waited 30+ mins for a bus and NEVER less. Very frustrating.

why4k
09-08-2008, 03:11 AM
We stayed at CSR last week and I thought the bus service was good. We only had one wait of 30 minutes. It was usually only about 5 minutes. It was my first stay on property, so I have nothing to compare it to.

garymacd
09-09-2008, 09:03 AM
POR has four stops, five if you include the stop at POFQ. Generally, the bus starts its rounds of the resorts in POFQ, then onto POR. The same for the ride home. On our last trip we found one park bus started its drop-off schedule in POR and finished in POFQ. We thought it was weird, but it did it everytime from that park. Can't remember which park now.

Quite often, the two resorts will have separate buses to Magic Kingdom.

The only downside we have noticed about bus service to the Port Orleans resorts was from Epcot. Every time we try to return at the end of the day, the bus loading area is full. Not just full, but FULL!! Many of the other resort bus stops are empty or moderately full, yet buses keep coming to them.

TheRustyScupper
09-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Actually, I think POFQ.
. . . direct buses during morn/eve Rush Hours
. . . smallest Moderate resort
. . . first stop to/from during Off Hours, when with POR
. . . bus stop close to all buildings

lockedoutlogic
09-09-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm not sure.....

....but i'm sure it ain't Caribbean:)

pamickeys
09-09-2008, 01:37 PM
when we stayed at CS we were told by one of the CM that since there are a lot of conventions there that CS pays extra for more buses to service their resort. they have the best bus service of ALL the resorts.

Wishmaker
09-10-2008, 07:28 AM
We always go in May so with that being said... I love CBR Hate absolutley Hate the bus pick ups not so much service. The serivce is fine. But the layout.. UGH.. and to me it is the same no matter where you are at the resort first on you still have to wait to go around and it gets really crowded.
As far as POR, I have stayed there once in OCT. we had a room somewhat close to the front, so we cut through the back parking lot and came up behind the main bus stop. We never went to any other bus stop that trip. Our next trip May of 09 will be at POFQ. We will see then. Best of luck to you on your decision. I love Disney, however there will always be the pros and cons to all things we choose to do. :mickey:

AllDisney
09-11-2008, 04:09 PM
I think CSR has the best bus service.

luvdiznee
09-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Even though CBR has a lot of stops, if you request Martinique:vacation: you will be the first stop. :bus:This is what we are planning to do. :marg: