PDA

View Full Version : Golden Dreams Final Performance

MegaDisney
09-01-2008, 08:42 PM
From the OC Register:

The last performance of Golden Dreams for the public, an American dream film performance in Disney’s California Adventure, is Sept. 7. Disney announced back in fall that as part of sprucing up California Adventure, Golden Dreams will be replaced by a dark ride based on “The Little Mermaid.” So, if you want to see the show — show up by Sept. 7. Still, the theater will be open through the spring, but only to school kids as part of the Disney youth education program.

I really enjoyed this movie.

I was lucky enough to see the original version before they edited it to remove some scenes deemed to violent for children. Never mind that they were historically correct....

NotaGeek
09-01-2008, 09:33 PM
I only saw the movie once, but i did like it ... and even got a bit teary eyed ... I am excited for the new attraction though. :mickey:

2Epcot
09-04-2008, 12:18 AM
I've also only seen this once. I watched it on my very first visit to CA Adventure just after the park opened ... I didn't find it boring, but obviously I didn't find it interesting enough to bring me back. Maybe I will get over to the park this week to see it before it ends. I never knew they made changes to the film.

Melanie
09-04-2008, 12:26 AM
I don't know, I thought parts were a little cheesy - mainly Whoopi. I like Whoopi, but not Whoopi at Califia or whatever her name was.

Excited for the Little Mermaid attraction!

Diznee4Me
09-04-2008, 08:39 AM
We got to see this last week. It was OK. Probably wouldn't go back to see it anyway.

If Little Mermaid is anything like the computer generated version on the DVD then it should be awesome!:thumbsup:

Paradise Pier Pinocchio
09-08-2008, 02:27 AM
Sorry, but this show was amazing in it's original form. When it became GD version 2.0 it lost a great deal. Not just crowds, but heart as well. There were a great many things that went into making California what it is. The toning down of the film only toned down how much I cared about this "attraction". Farewell to Version 2.0. Hope Disney learns it's lesson on that one.

Let's not do a Kindler gentler version of Haunted Mansion because the kiddies are scared of happy haunts. Or Matterhorn without the Abominable because it scares. GRRRR!