PDA

View Full Version : No Choice For Kids

hardingella
09-01-2008, 05:38 PM
When we have stayed on site we have always used the dining plan, its such good value, BUT i think that the kids menu is sooo poor. Its always the same choice of about 3 or 4 things (chicken strips, hot dogs, and good old maccaroni). Where as the adults menu if fantastic. On our trip this year my 9 yr olds wanted to try different stuff, and we found these menus to be totally inadequate, so we ended up spending a fortune on adult meals for her, and she loved all the new things she tried. Cant Disney either expand the kids menu or supply small versions of the adult meals under the kids dining plan.

She will still be old enough for the kids dining plan next visit, but we are going to put her on an adult plan, even though she will pobably find the portions too big.
I would like to know if any of you have experienced the same or have found a way around this?:mickey:

DisneyWhirled
09-01-2008, 09:46 PM
My DH (DWHUBBY on the boards) feels EXACTLY the same as you do. Our DS9 has an expanded palatte and the kids offerings just are not for him!

Usually, it is the CS meals that we have issue with. At CS meals, I will often share my meal with him (his choice) or pay out of pocket for a meal for him. We then use his CS credit for breakfast items. There are places that you can use the CS for breakfast that does not differentiate from Adults/Kids.

We have made the decision that our next trip will not be on the Dining Plan, so that we are all free to eat what we want and when we want. We may book 2 or 3 TS meals and do the rest CS.

DizneyRox
09-01-2008, 10:07 PM
I would like to know if any of you have experienced the same or have found a way around this?:mickey:
Many people feel this way, but for the price of the child DDP, I don't expect much will change. As you suggested, the way around this is to add them to your party as an adult. You will pay ADULT ticket prices as well as ADULT DDP prices, but if you want them to be able to eat anything except hot dogs, chicken strips and macaroni, that it really your only option. Unless you want to eat their meal and they can eat yours.

bkfree
09-01-2008, 11:52 PM
We have two kids (7 and 9) and we love the DDp. This is how we address the TS venues that have the limited kids menu.
One, the buffets give kids the same choices as adults, so that is always a great option for us.
Crystal Palace, Chef Mickeys, Park Fare and Boma are favorites.
We then choose TS that have the better kids choices such at Tutto, La Cellier, Chefs De France, 50's Prime Time and Spoodles.
This way they really only have the kids menu Pizza or burger once , and they are fine with that.
We have also seen that the restaurants are very willing to make substitions and change things so my kids are happy.
We have never had any issues with the CS kids choices mainly because we tend to eat most of these at WS, almost none at MK. We also find good choices at AK and at DHS.
Ironically, I find the worst choices at MK for kids.