PDA

View Full Version : Construction at AKL

lawgirl
09-01-2008, 05:31 PM
We're going in Nov 2008 staying at AKL. Has anyone been there while the construction is going on? Does it really affect the ambience of the AKL? Any info would be great!

DisneyHoneymooners
09-04-2008, 11:07 AM
All of the work in the current lodge is now complete and was no problem for us. There is still alot of construction at the new lodge (kidani village) but you really cant even see it from anywhere at the old lodge. We didn't think it caused any problems. ;)

lawgirl
09-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks! Sounds like I was worried for nothing!

andywicks
09-04-2008, 01:11 PM
We returned last week from AKL and the buiding work for the DVC Kidani Village had no impact on our vacation. It is completely separate from the existing building.
However, our room and Savannah view was at the far end of the hotel away from the DVC building under construction.
I do not know what people in the nearest rooms would experience or whether they had any additional noise from the building site. Having toured the floors and views with my camera, the buiding work is certainly highly visible on the closer side of the existing resort. (I have photos that I could show you!)

To ensure that you are not discturbed, you could call and have a request added to your booking for a room far away from the Kidani village building work. :mickey:

joanna71985
09-04-2008, 01:53 PM
I just got back from staying at AKL. The construction didn't bother me (nor did it seem to bother the animals- there was always plenty outside the window).

PlutoPlanet
09-04-2008, 05:54 PM
We stayed in the Ostrich part of AKL during late August 2008. We had a view of the construction, but it did not cause any problems. We had some Savannah animals come as close as possible to our window.

You'll have a greate time at AKL!