PDA

View Full Version : Poly rooms

BiloxiMom
09-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Remind me again which rooms are the "best" garden view rooms at the Poly, please? You'd think I could remember, but I never do! Thanks!

Simbajr4ever
09-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Could be a big interuptation of "best" gv:

figi > view of lagoon or private beach

aorerotoa > monorail view

tokelau > quiet pool

samoa > (most requested) volcano pool view and other side is quiet pool

the rest of the regular buildings are pretty much gardens, with sometimes a view of the monorail. Or parking lots off at a distance.

mrsgaribaldi
09-01-2008, 07:59 PM
We had a room at Tokelau that overlooked a walkway but it had nice vegetation all around. It wasn't noisy on the balcony at all. And we were a short walk from the quiet pool:mickey:

IloveDisney71
09-01-2008, 08:09 PM
We LOVED staying in the Tokelau long house. We had a view of the quiet pool. We were a short walk to the ceremonial house, bus stop, and monorail. We also loved being so close to the TTC so we could walk there to catch the monorail to Epcot.

threeh
09-02-2008, 08:55 AM
another vote for Tokelau. We were a quick walk to GCH and even closer to get to TTC and hop on a monorail to EPCOT. we had a sideways castle view, it was really nice:mickey:

pixiesmimi
09-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Do you need to ask for what building you want to be in when you make your reservation like CBR or do you just request it when you check in? I'm trying to learn as much about the Poly as I can before we get there. Give me some lists of your preferred rooms or buildings and why. Thanks! You beat me to the punch with this post! :D:number1:

mickeefan
09-02-2008, 07:13 PM
We have always loved Samoa. On one side is the volcano pool and on the other is the quiet pool. We have never found it to be noisy.
You are close to Capt. Cooks and also close to the beach.
We have always been on the first floor. I'm not positive but I think the second floor does not have balconies.
We have always had MJ indicate a building request when we made our reservations.

tikiman
09-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Tokelau is the only longhouse that has some garden view rooms that can see the castle. The rooms toward the beach end facing Hawaii have views to the side of the castle.

pixiesmimi
09-03-2008, 10:52 AM
I know some have said that Somoa is closer to Captain Cook's. How far is Tokelau from Captain Cook's? Is it close enough to walk over there at night for a beverage after coming back from the parks when you are tired?

tikiman
09-03-2008, 11:57 AM
I know some have said that Somoa is closer to Captain Cook's. How far is Tokelau from Captain Cook's? Is it close enough to walk over there at night for a beverage after coming back from the parks when you are tired?

Tokelau is just on the other side of the east pool from Samoa. Your walk time would be about 1-2 minutes longer from Tokelau depending on where your room was.