PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella's Castle at Christmas

Daisy'sMom
09-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Will they be decorating the castle with all the lights that they had last year and will they only be on for MVMCP? I thought they were amazing last year and since we are bringing family that have never experience Christmas time at Disney, I am hoping............:mickey:

Tinkerbella16
09-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Yes, those amazing lights will be on the castle this year. They are actually putting them on as we speak...the bottom half of the castle is completed, and the crane is up for the upper portion.

I don't think it is JUST for the MVMCP, last year they were on as soon as it got dark out on nights the party didn't occur.

I absolutely love the castle with those lights, it truely is amazing!

Figaro
09-01-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm really hoping those lights become a lasting Christmas decoration for the castle...:mickey:

LauraleeH
09-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Yes, those amazing lights will be on the castle this year. They are actually putting them on as we speak...the bottom half of the castle is completed, and the crane is up for the upper portion.

I don't think it is JUST for the MVMCP, last year they were on as soon as it got dark out on nights the party didn't occur.

I absolutely love the castle with those lights, it truely is amazing!
Wow, seriously?! They are already putting them up? So what about MNSSHP?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-02-2008, 12:58 AM
The cords are hard to see for the most part. It won't affect the look during the MNSSHP.

SoaringEpcot
09-02-2008, 09:37 AM
We saw it last Christmas ant it was amazing. I am glad they are contuning it.

bmj721
09-02-2008, 10:08 AM
We will be there in Dec this year for the first time and are looking forward to seeing the castle. I saw photos last year. 94 days!
:balloon:

wilshade
09-02-2008, 11:39 AM
At Christmastime, a cool thing to do is during your walk down Main Street at night, stop at the crystal shop and take a look at the crystal sculpture of the castle and then go back outside and look at the castle. The castle inspired the sculpture which, in turn, inspired the castle. Nifty!

CU Tiger
09-02-2008, 12:28 PM
When the MK turned on the Christmas lights on the castle last year, it took my breath away:jaw:. Even though they are doing the same decorations, I look forward in seeing them again.:thumbsup::mickey:

LauraleeH
09-02-2008, 02:48 PM
The cords are hard to see for the most part. It won't affect the look during the MNSSHP.

When did they start putting them up last year?

laward32
09-02-2008, 03:02 PM
We were there the last week of Oct last year and they already had the whole castle done. My mom and I kept wondering what they were for so we asked a CM and they told us they were for the MVMCP. But my parents went back the third week of December and she said they were on every night at dusk.:mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Around the same time. I remember watching them do it and test them at night. It's pretty cool to see.

LauraleeH
09-02-2008, 04:04 PM
That means I was there twice between the time of putting them up and officially lighting them up, and I never noticed them! Good to know they won't take away any of my Halloween experience ;)

JasonH
09-02-2008, 11:14 PM
I am very glad they are having the lights again this year for the castle. I had gotten a few pics last year but I'm wanting to try to get even better ones this year. If anyone is interested on seeing what it looks like, I've uploaded them to my flickr photo account. PM me for the link if you're interested. Also been working on uploading other pics from my last WDW trip as well. Hopefully I'll have them all up before my next trip. :D

FUN
09-03-2008, 11:37 AM
cant wait to see them this year

WhenUWishUponAStar*
09-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Does anyone know what date they start lighting the castle? We will be there Nov.5th-14th and reeeeeally want to see it lit up. The pictures I've seen look amazing, I can't imagine how awesome it is in person.

RobWreck
09-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Any idea how long the keep lighting the castle up for? We're not ariving until 1/2/09 and not going to be in the MK at night until 1/4... I'm hoping we don't miss it.
Rob