PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Planning

lynnrapata
09-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Does anyone have any special stories about celebrating their anniversary at WDW? We'll be celebrating our 10th there in October.....

Did any CM make your special time there even more special??? Is there anything I can do or plan from home to surprise my husband once we get there??? I'm needing some ideas.....

Just wondering.....

Lynn

TammiMcMan
09-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Does anyone have any special stories about celebrating their anniversary at WDW?We spent our 20th anniversary in WDW. I treated DH to his first massage, while I enjoyed a facial. He's a big football fan, so after the spa appointments, we spent the rest of the day at the ESPN restaurant watching games. It was nice to do something special for him for a change.

Did any CM make your special time there even more special???This is really hit or miss. Sometimes, I think that the people wearing celebration pins and bride/groom ears far out number those that aren't. I wouldn't plan on them doing anything special, but it doesn't hurt to have it mentioned on your reservations (just don't be disappointed if it's not noticed).

Is there anything I can do or plan from home to surprise my husband once we get there???This may depend on what resort you are staying at. The deluxes have a private dining department and they're happy to work with you to create a special meal or something like the chocolate covered strawberries. Some resorts offer the carriage rides, plus the Disney Florist has arrangements and baskets that you can create and have delivered to the resort.

Not sure how you are arriving at Disney, but I surprised DH with a limo ride from the airport. Sort of an extravagence, but it made the trip a little more special. You can check on the Quicksilver link on the left hand side of this page to get an idea of cost.

ADR's can be made in advance, maybe timing a dinner at the California Grill with Wishes. I'm a fan of Jiko's at AKL too. If you wanted to go all out, there's Victoria & Alberts in the GF.

There are some nice tours offered at Disney, including swimming in the Living Seas tank, behind the scenes of AKL and of course the fireworks cruises can be very romantic.

Overall, there are probably too many choices ;).

Aggie97
09-01-2008, 04:38 PM
We celebrated our 10th anniversary at the Polynesian in late Jan. - early Feb. When I made the resort reservation, CRO did ask if we were celebrating anything special, so it was noted on our reservation.

The resort had anniversary buttons for us at check-in. We wore the buttons that first evening at the P&P Party, and an unbelievable number of both CMs and guests stopped to wish us happy anniversary and to ask what year it was, tell us about their anniversaries, etc. We felt a little weird about it -- like we were trying to get special attention -- so we chose to not wear the buttons after that evening. :blush:

On our second evening, we found a personalized autographed photo of Mickey and Minnie in our resort room -- very sweet and unexpected!

When I made our ADR at Narcoossee's, they asked if we were celebrating anything special. I did not indicate this for any other ADRs, since I felt that only Narcoossee's was our "special celebration" dinner. At Narcoossee's, they had buttons for us at the table, as well as "happy anniversary" menus to take home. They seated us at the best table in the restaurant, right in front of the center window that directly faces the MK castle, which was wonderful. "Happy 10th Anniversary" was spelled out on our dessert plate.

I did not expect any special treatment -- nor would I in the future -- but the little touches were very special.

Happy anniversary -- and have a fantastic trip! :mickey:

pixiesmimi
09-01-2008, 07:14 PM
We went on our 38th Anniversary last August. I mentioned it was our Anniversary when I made our reservations. At resort check in, I mentioned it again and they upgraded us to a King Size bed. We picked up anniversary buttons at Town Hall the first night before our CP reservations and even though we had on ponchos over our buttons and didn't say anything, when we got to our table, there was a heart made out of :mickey: confetti. That was such a nice start to our trip. But other than the CM coming over and saying that he had done that just for us, we didn't get any more special considerations. I even had a hard time getting Eyore to stop for pictures because we didn't have any children with us. Pooh did stop though and asked (gestured) who had an anniversary or who the heart was for so we got good pictures with him.

CMs all over the parks wished us a Happy Anniversary, Photograhers took special pictures of us, we received free Margarita's from the kiosk in WS at Epcot. We hoped to catch the eyes of the Dream Team but it didn't happen. :)

We didn't have any special considerations from the resort though other than the upgrade but did get a free desert from the CM at Chefs de France.

I was surprised that DH would wear the button (every day!) but he did and I think he enjoyed all the attention as much as I did. :)

We are going for our 40th next August so are looking forward to it.

Happy Anniversary!