PDA

View Full Version : 94th Aero Squadron

SamG
09-01-2008, 01:13 PM
It's been a number of years (14 to be precise), but I remember a restaurant at Orlando Executive Airport called (I believe) the 94th Aero Squadron. It's theme was a French Aerodome circa WWII. IIRC, there were even headsets at some of the tables so kids could listen to pilots at the airport.

We're thinking about visiting there again, but don't know if it's open. I can only find one reference to it on the web, so that's not much of a help.

Anyone know?

Altair
09-01-2008, 03:58 PM
It appears there are only 3 or 4 of these restaurants still around and Olando in not one of them. The closest is in Miami. The one here in St. Louis closed about 10 years ago.
The atmosphere and theming alone made this place worth the trip.:(

Scott C
09-01-2008, 04:06 PM
There might be something at least similar to that near the Nashville TN Airport. You might wish to check it out.

Thanks
Scott C

disneyfan328
09-03-2008, 09:51 AM
There used to be one of these in Ohio - not sure exactly where or what the name of the airport was probably columbus as we lived right outside of there. My dad and step mom used to take us all the time when I was younger for brunch ect. It was so neat to be there with all of the "stuff" around antiques and things and the headsets were fun too.

Thanks for bringing back a great childhood memory for me. While I don't know if there are any of these around or if this one is still open or not it made me think of my Dad and the good time that we had when I was young.

Miss you Daddy :angel::sadwave:

MNNHFLTX
09-03-2008, 11:30 AM
I remember that restaurant. It was called the 4th Fighter Group and there was a major fire there many years back. I believe they rebuilt and re-opened but after searching on the internet it appears that they have since closed again.

It was a fun and unique place to eat. Sorry not to have better news. :(

murphy1
09-03-2008, 11:57 AM
There was one in Clearwater, FL, same name. We have one around here in Atlanta, but I am not sure if it is still open, it's called 57th Fighter Group or something like that. The one in Clearwater closed a couple years ago and they bulldozed a lot of the buildings around there, it was right at the Clearwater St. Pete Airport. We had our rehearsal dinner there, it was really nice, but I went back about 5 or 6 years ago and it wasn't as good as it used to be. I am not sure about the Orlando location, but like Beth said, it sounds gone.

SamG
09-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks all. I was afraid that was the answer.:crying::shake:

gresh00
09-16-2008, 08:12 PM
There used to be one of these in Ohio - not sure exactly where or what the name of the airport was probably columbus as we lived right outside of there.
Miss you Daddy :angel::sadwave:

The one at Port Columbus is still there - Great atmosphere , just good food

DisneyDog
09-17-2008, 07:05 PM
I think there is one in Philly too. At least there used to be.