PDA

View Full Version : ME question/ Check in

AJHUNT2
09-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Don't know if this is where this post should go or not. But here goes

Arriving on the 4th at 1:30 via Southwest. I didn't think this was going to be a problem until I looked and saw that Animal Kindgom (which is where we planned on going that evening) is only open until 5 that afternoon. Is it even feasible for us to get from the aiport and check-in and get to AK at a reasonable time? Or should we just look at going somewhere else? Switch w/ Epcot maybe?

TinkerbellT421
09-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Honest opinion, unless theres EMH that evening, to me it wouldnt be worth it, if I was to estimate traveltime, you'll have MAYBE 2 hours in the park...That park is ATLEAST half a days worth...you will miss most of the animals around that time, they take all aniamls in at 5....EMH are for the rides there only...so unless you dont want to see animals on the nature trails and you dont want to see the birds of wonder show, or festival of the lion kingm or finding nemo....you or atleast I would consider going a different day...The bird show Flights of wonder is a not miss too by the way! lol....But I would consider that a early day start park...you would miss wayyy too much...

Bringonthemouse!
09-01-2008, 12:29 PM
I agree with the above post. We always land at MCO at around 1:30 and with the time it takes to de-plane, stand in line at ME counter wait in line for next ME bus to your resort. Line at Resort check-in.... you get the idea. We are usuall in our room by about 3pm at the earliest. Then travel time from resort to AK. Long stary short, I would plan for a different park. MK is open until 10 that evening, my :twocents: is to start an amazing WDW vacation with a taste of Main St. and the Castle.:cloud9:
Enjoy, whatever you decide!!
:mickey:

AJHUNT2
09-01-2008, 12:48 PM
We're going to do MK on Friday as we have CRT ADR's for that morning. So I think we may just skip AK that day and do Epcot instead on Thursday. It's open til 7. DH isn't that worried about seeing the animals, and really neither am I. I'd love to do the Safari. But main focus is Himalaya, Bug's Life, and Dinosaur. We have ressies at Boma for dinner so that's why I had origionally planned to go to AK on Thursday. Now I wish I had gotten the earlier flight but I think it''ll cost way too much to change it now.:(

Beast_fanatic
09-01-2008, 12:54 PM
We're going to do MK on Friday as we have CRT ADR's for that morning. So I think we may just skip AK that day and do Epcot instead on Thursday. It's open til 7. DH isn't that worried about seeing the animals, and really neither am I. I'd love to do the Safari. But main focus is Himalaya, Bug's Life, and Dinosaur. We have ressies at Boma for dinner so that's why I had origionally planned to go to AK on Thursday. Now I wish I had gotten the earlier flight but I think it''ll cost way too much to change it now.:(

Epcot is actually open until 9pm. It's just parts of Future World that close at 7pm.