PDA

View Full Version : Park Scavenger Hunt

homeschool mom
09-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Since we have been to WDW several times, I'm trying to figure out something new my kids can do while there to keep them on their toes. As a homeschool mom, I try to make the trip as educational as possible without being "teachy".

With that said, I'm thinking of doing a scavenger hunt of sorts with them. Does anyone have any suggestions of things they can be looking for in each of the parks that may be out of the way, but not completely hidden. I was thinking for my DSs (7 and 9) making it alphabetical, ie. A = Ariel's Grotto, B = Baloo..... My DDs are older (14, 15, 17) so it would have to suit their age.

I know you have 'em, so hit me with your best ideas! :mickey:

12 days and counting! :party:

Tbelle1976
09-01-2008, 11:12 AM
That would be a great idea! I'll have to thing of some things, but definately stay tuned on what others come up with!

disneygeek84
09-01-2008, 11:27 AM
I was home schooled, too! :D

You could do a Pictures Scavenger Hunt. Have a list of different things that they have to take a picture of or with. You could do the alphabetical thing along with that, too. You could even have your older kids make up a list for the younger ones and have them help them out.

Some ideas of things to find...
Take a picture with 5 different characters
Take a picture of you drinking from a water fountain in the UK at World Showcase
Take a picture with 3 CM's from 3 different states (than you live)
Take a picture with 4 CM's from different Countries (and you can find them anywhere, not just in World Showcase!)
Take a picture of you and 2 of your siblings watching the Voices of Liberty at the American Adventure and then watch the show

You could have them team up to do this so that you don't have use too many cameras. Since there's 5 of them you could do a team of 2 and a team of 3, or do 2 teams of 2 and then have your oldest monitor their progress or even help each team find stuff and take their pictures or something.

That's just one idea off the top of my head. We did a Polaroid scavenger hunt with our college group at church before and it was a blast. I think your younger ones would have a blast with it, too, though.

TinkerbellT421
09-01-2008, 11:45 AM
I dont know if you ever heard of the Hidden Mickeys all over wdw ressorts and parks. But if you go to your local book store there is a Hidden mickeys scavenger book. If you check it out, its got a point system on the hidden mickeys. That is so much fun. I dont actual use it as a scavenger hunt, but I love using it as a guide to find them. And the best part is its fun for all ages. So if you dont want to, you dont have to come up with different challenges for the different afe groups. Hope that idea helps. Have fun, sounds like you are trying to make an awesome fun experience. :number1:

homeschool mom
09-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Great ideas so far! Thanks to all!

I'm going to keep checking back! :mickey:

12 days and counting! :party: