PDA

View Full Version : Take apart scooters

Here we go again...
09-01-2008, 05:10 AM
Have any of you ever rented the scooters that can be disassembled to load in your trunk?

If so, I have a couple of questions.
Are they easy to take apart?
Are they heavy?
What is the weight limit?
Do they tip over easy?

Since we will have an SUV I would love to avoid the buses in November. Actually, I would love to avoid a scooter, but I guess I better plan just in case.

Marilyn Michetti
09-01-2008, 01:26 PM
The one I'm bringing this year is a Pride Go-Go Elite. It 's very small, easily disassembled, and not heavy. It will, however tip over if you're on an incline (sideways), and it accomodates 250lbs. If you're tall, and close to the limit, I'd say don't even consider it. I'm 5'2", and my knees almost bump the front. The nicest feature is that if a bus is crowded, my DH can lift the scooter into the slot.:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
09-01-2008, 02:01 PM
I've seen the scooter Marilyn has and others as well... one in particular seems extremely easy to work with as it folds down and then can be loaded into the back of your SUV, though it wouldn't work for me (I'm looking for one to use here at home now, unfortunately) but, Angel, you've conquered the particular hurdle that's holding me back.

Good luck!

rt207
09-01-2008, 08:55 PM
We've rented the scooters from offsite prior to the one we bought. They are not difficult to disassemble. I've lifted them (in pieces) into the SUV I had, myself (I'm small). After you disassemble and reassemble them the first time, or two, it's only a 5 minute process.

PETE FROM NYC
09-02-2008, 03:58 PM
My wife has a full sized scooter and last year we took it down on Jet Blue.We rented a large van,and since there were seven of us,we were able to lift into the back,once we removed the rear-most seat.
Shortly after that trip,I had a lift installed in my Ford Expedition.Now,all I have to do is remove the seat,hook up the hook and push a button.ITS GREAT!!
The lift cost us about $2800,installed,fron The Scooter Store.And,if I should change cars down the line,they will un-install and re-install.
Now, next year we will be driving to WDW.