PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I'm forgetting something...

eas423
08-31-2008, 09:23 PM
I haven't been able to keep up with "all things Walt Disney World" for the last two years, so I feel like I've forgotten a lot of my tips, tricks, and general know how of getting around....example, today DH looks at me and asks, How do we get past the toll booths at the Magic Kingdom to check in at the Poly? I *think* the answer is you just tell the person at the toll booth that you are checking in, and they'll let you through, right?

Other random things running through my head...

Is there still a Disney Visa and/or AAA discount at World of Disney?

Same thought line, is there still a Disney Visa private character meet and greet in Epcot? Where, and is it still worth it (time wise)?

Did Disney do away with the character double decker bus in Epcot?

I've never had to use a stroller before, tips? How not to lose your stroller in stroller parking? (We are using our own.) And you are allowed to keep your stroller open on the monorail, right?

And all the questions I'm not thinking of right now...sigh...I just don't feel like I'm as prepared as I have been in the past...kwim?

Beast_fanatic
08-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Yes, you tell the person at the toll booth that you are going to check in at the Poly. You should go to the tollbooth at the far right as the road to the Poly is just after the tollbooth.

There is still a 10% Visa discount at World of Disney on purchases of $25 or more. I'm not certain about the AAA discount - you may need a coupon from AAA for that one. I'm sure someone else will be along with that info soon.

There is still a Disney Visa character meet & greet in Epcot. It's in Innoventions (the one closest to The Land pavilion). It runs from 1-4pm. Timewise depends on how long the line is when you arrive - sometimes it's short and other times it is not.

Yes, the double decker character bus is gone.

I would suggest tying something brightly colored to the handle of your stroller to make it easier to find in stroller parking as the strollers do often get moved to make room for additional strollers. And, generally you are allowed to leave the stroller open on the monorail. They can ask you to close it if someone in a wheelchair or ECV is in the same car with you.