PDA

View Full Version : April 3-12

bshaw96
08-31-2008, 08:02 PM
Well, looks like we'll be going to Disney again April 3 thru April 12 in 2009. Spring break for our kids. I'm not looking forward to the crowds, and don't have much to compare it to. We've been in June, September, and February, none really excessively heavy times. But when I was younger I do remember a weekend trip during the 4th and somewhat remember the crowds. Just trying to get a feel for what kind of crowds to expect. We're staying on site so I know we'll be using the EMH's and of course FP's, but really don't know what to expect. I've never been when I thought the crowds were light, and typically there were 45 minute average waits for rides. Just how much crazier is Spring Break? It doesn't matter, b/c we're going either way :thumbsup:, but just wanted an idea of what I was in for. Also, how are the temps this time of year?

disneygeek84
08-31-2008, 08:24 PM
We've been during Spring Break '04, '05 and '07 and our Spring Breaks are mid-March. Every year was different...'04 was wall-to-wall people...'05 rained most of the week so it kept crowds pretty low, especially during PM EMH...'07 our Spring Break was pushed back a week so it was actually pretty pleasant. The crowds were there, but they weren't so bad that we thought we were going to lose our minds.

Weather is still pretty nice. Our trip last year was actually pretty chilly. I didn't bring a jacket and had to end up buying one because I was so cold during the day. Some years it was a little warm, but if it starts to rain, going in and out of the A/C made it pretty cool. So taking a jacket can't hurt.

If you go in planned for larger crowds I think you'll be okay (and maybe even surprised). Especially if you've been during the summer, then you should know how to handle crowds. Having never been in April I'm not sure how crowd levels will be then, so maybe someone else will be along soon to answer your question as far as that goes. Hope that helps some!

wickedwitch
08-31-2008, 09:32 PM
We went last april 2nd thru 11th and the first few days crowds were heavy but managable,but by I believe the 7th or 8th it was pandemonium which is why I'm going in May this year!The weather was beautiful nice and warm with small amounts of rain only 1 really rainy day which is great, lower crowds!Hope this helps but no matter when you go ,it doesn't matter you're at Disney!!

DisneyGiant
08-31-2008, 10:53 PM
Spring Break is manageable - but very very crowded.

If you have must-do attractions - try to get to the park right at the opening, or especially take advantage of extra magic early openings.

Every time we go to Extra Magic Hours in the evening - the park is just too crowded to maneuver.

We've had much better luck in the mornings......

Wickster1970
09-03-2008, 08:23 AM
We will be heading to WDW from April 20-27. Shouldn't the spring breakers be cleared out by then?