PDA

View Full Version : OKW questions

Janmac
08-31-2008, 05:56 PM
My sister exchanged her timeshare points through II for a week in a 2 bedroom at OKW, starting 5 Sept. (please Hannah be nice to us), and we get to stay with her, her daughter and granddaughter.

At 45 days out my sister called and requested a building with an elevator - my DH is looking at imminent knee replacement. Question is, do we make the elevator bldg request again this week? When we've stayed at regular resorts, we've faxed room requests a few days before arrival.

I have read that the regular DVC members can use the internet access free. Am wondering how that applies to us?

Also read that there are paper towels, but we should bring our own coffee, salt, sugar, etc. What about garbage bags? We don't have a problem dumping our own, just wondering.

We are really excited to be trying out OKW. We had made deposits at Port Orleans/French Quarter and Poly (split stay) because we never expected the exchange to come through. What a surprise when it did.

Thanks!

Jan

Checkers
08-31-2008, 07:51 PM
:mickey:You are going to love the 2 br at OKW! It is our home resort and we will be "going home" in Oct. also staying in a 2 br.

I will try and answer what questions I can. First, if you can't get into a bldg. with an elevator you can always request to be on the first floor. We always request 1st fl because my husband is asmatic and climbing the steps is a problem for him. We have never had a problem getting what we wanted.

With a full kitchen, any "extras" like salt, sugar, napkins, etc. you might want you will have to supply your own. Paper towels are provided as well as trash bags in all waste paper baskets (they are located in the bottom of the baskets). You get trash/towel service on your 4th day there but we have always taken out our trash on the off days. Trash areas are designated. You will have "starter" kits such as a small container of liquid dishwashing detergent as well as automatic dishwasher powder for the dishwasher. Dish towels, etc. are also provided. You also get a small box of Tide for your use in the washing machine. Extras can be purchased by notifying housekeeping. Oh, and you also get a starter kit of coffee, both decaf and regular.

About the internet. I know with DVC members it is free but I am not sure about others trading in thru II.

:pixie:Sending pixie dust for Hannah to bypass the mainland and go out to sea. Also, have a wonderful time and enjoy our home away from home, especially the boat to Downtown Disney!