PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used DVC points anywhere other than DW?

luvDaMouse
08-31-2008, 05:50 PM
My DH and DD will be visiting DW Sept 5 and plan on doing the DVC tour when we are there. My DH has always wanted to go to Hawaii. I know that DVC will be building a resort there in the future but has anyone used DVC points to travel to Hawaii?? how about Europe? I know the best bang for our buck is to stay at a DVC resort but to sell it to my DH is to show him we can use it anywhere!;)

thumperbug
08-31-2008, 06:07 PM
Actually the first time we used our DVC points was for a non Disney trip. We went to Lake George and the hotel was really nice. Our "room" was actually a 1 bedroom apt on the lake with full kitchen, living, dining, etc plus a fireplace.

glar42
08-31-2008, 08:59 PM
wow!! You must have stayed at the Sagamore like we did!!

We purchased a DVC re-sale last year and had a lot of points that had to be used. We just started skiiing a few years ago and couldn't pass up a chance to take a long weekend. The weather, slopes and this resort were amazing. It snowed each day we were there. Nothing beats having a room looking over the lake :)

We would definately go back to this resort again. Using points was a great way for us to go.

Jeffybob
09-01-2008, 07:50 PM
We have used DVC points twice now, when visiting NYC. It worked great and we could not have been happier.

Both times we stayed at the Shelboune Murray Hill, in the Murray Hill Dist, just a few blocks from Grand Central.

Unfortunately this hotel no longer participates with Disney. However, in my experience anything associated with Disney is always cut above the rest.

Jeffybob :balloon:

Owner at the Boardwalk Villas since 1997

2009 - BWV (5/09) and DCL Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - Disneyland, SS, DCL, BWV
2005 - BWV (2), HH
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB
1988 - BWV
1997 - Swan

thumperbug
09-03-2008, 06:47 PM
You are right...It was the Sagamore. We had gone the 2nd week of August. It was great. Would definitely go there again

Aurora
09-04-2008, 01:23 PM
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="3"]We have used DVC points twice now, when visiting NYC. It worked great and we could not have been happier.

Both times we stayed at the Shelboune Murray Hill, in the Murray Hill Dist, just a few blocks from Grand Central.

Unfortunately this hotel no longer participates with Disney. However, in my experience anything associated with Disney is always cut above the rest.

We used DVC points to stay there too last year. The room was fine and in a great location.

But we were a little disappointed that when we checked in, the front desk clerk said, "We can check you in right away." A person next to her said, "no, they can't have that room, they're using Disney."

And the first girl said "oh, sorry," and we had to wait until later in the day for a room on a lower floor.

:mad:

My parents have also used DVC for a Vermont stay -- they loved it.