PDA

View Full Version : Help with opinions on Beirgarten

Mad About Mickey
08-31-2008, 01:39 PM
A little help please. We will be having dinner in Epcot twice during our upcoming trip in December. We have reservations for both Le Cellier and San Angel Inn. Both DW and I enjoy German food and it sounds like the atmoshere and buffet style at Biergarten might be fun for the family, DS 16, DD 11, DS 5 and DD 2. For those of you who have been is it as fun as it is sounds to be? Oldest DS is a serious carnivore so will he be satisfied with Biergarten's menu? Also younger DS is a picky eater so will there be some standard fare available for him?

We are looking for a enjoyable family experience as our major consideration, followed by a great tasting meal as a close second, would you give up reservations to Le Cellier or The San Angel Inn for a meal at the Biergarten?

Thanks in advance for your help :mickey:.

chefmickey3
08-31-2008, 03:14 PM
We are big fans of San Angel Inn, but Biergarten is a more festive experience. Especially the youngest members of your family will like it more - San Angel Inn tends to be quiet and I always feel bad if my kids are noisy (DSs 2,4,6). We liked the food at Biergarten and remembered everyone having something to eat.

kathiep
08-31-2008, 03:50 PM
I would definately do Biergarten over San Angel Inn given what you've explained.

We ate at San Angel Inn with our kids last year. It is so crowded in there, I felt like we were on the verge of disaster the whole time. I was worried that anything my kdis did might disturb our neighbors, whom we could reach out and touch!

Biergarten is a lot of fun. The food is good but we like German food. Even DD who can be picky found some things to eat.

The atmosphere is a lot of fun. Our kids were up doing the chicken dance. We really had a great time.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-31-2008, 03:54 PM
We tried Biergarten for the first time on our last trip, and we LOVED it, a new must-do for us :thumbsup:

There is quite a variety of food, I am very picky, and I had more than enough to eat; DH and DD enjoyed all of the different sasauges.

We also liked the festival atmosphere, DD got up and danced with the band (and they sung her Happy Birthdy in German).

homeschool mom
08-31-2008, 04:59 PM
We didn't really care for the food, but the atmosphere was great. If you like German food, I would definitely recommend it over San Angel.

In the "Magic" in 13 days! :mickey:

thumperbug
08-31-2008, 06:19 PM
We tried it for the first time on our most recent trip and we enjoyed it. My DS(6) ate from the kids selection but did try some of the other meats....there was one, I can't remember what it was but tasted like bologna so I told him it was bologna and he ate it.

The warm potato salad is very very good. We would definitely eat there again.

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
09-01-2008, 12:25 AM
We eat at Biergarten in March and enjoyed it very much. Lots of noise so no worry about disturbing anyone. We were a group of 5 plus a small child and were seated with a couple from Russia - no problem - we all enjoyed the meal, music and a bit of conversation.
I WOULD NOT GIVE UP LE CELLIER for Biergarten, however would no trouble choosing it over San Angel.
There were enough choices on the buffet that everyone found things they liked - and the entertainment was fun. My DH and DGD got up and had a bit of a dance, which DGD especially enjoyed.

25 visits and more to come

pamickeys
09-01-2008, 10:33 AM
My DH and I have been to Biergarten almost every trip--love the food and plenty to eat. The atmosphere is family oriented--the band is great and very interactive with the audience. Everytime we have gone there has always been mac 'n cheese on the buffet, and it's good too. We alway go for a late lunch, around 2:30--so much food--my DH doesn't want to leave. By the time you're done you don't even want to think about dinner. For a fun and pleasurable family dining experience would definitely choose Biergarten over San Angel or Le Cellier. Have a great vacation :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-01-2008, 11:51 AM
:thumbsup:Biergarten is great!

It is one of our must dos on our trips. We always really enjoy it. It is such a fun atmosphere. I highly recommend it.

wilshade
09-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Love, love, love Biergarten!!! :number1:

Lots of fun, great waitstaff, and plenty of food to choose from.

Tink's Mom
09-01-2008, 03:28 PM
In my families opinion, the Biergarten has a fun atmosphere, but the food is not very good. Maybe it is because we lived in Germany for 5 years, and the food taste nothing like authentic German food to us. It is our least favorite place to eat. You might try it and like it though. I do think that it is a better choice for kids than San Angel, which is quiet and dark.

We love Le cellier. It is one of our favorites. Makes sure to have the beer cheese soup and warm pretzel bread.