PDA

View Full Version : Birthday plans

JoF
08-31-2008, 12:30 PM
My family and I will be travelling to Disney from Oxfordshire, England in October 2009.
It will be my sister's birthday on Halloween while we are there. Can anyone recommend something fun for us all - ages 8 to 72 - to celebrate?
I know it is over a year away but we are all excited and can't wait!

TammiMcMan
08-31-2008, 02:21 PM
How big is your group? Disney offers a program called Magical or Grand Gatherings which includes special get-togethers for parties of 8 or more who are staying on property. Some options include a dessert party while viewing Illuminations in Epcot, also a private safari tour at the AK with dinner and your own fireworks cruise to watch Wishes.

You can see more details here, http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/magicalgatherings/ggSpecialProducts?id=GrandGatheringsSpecialProduct sPage .

jenny1976
08-31-2008, 02:25 PM
Let me be the first on to say :welcome: !
As far as your birthday plans...
1. You could purchase Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party tickets-This is a hard ticket event, meaning you purchase a ticket separetely which has nothing to do with your MYW tickets, and a lot of fun.
2. You could have a special character dinner at one of the restaurants and order a cake.
3.You could go on one of the tours that Disney offers, depending on what you like.
4. You could do a watercraft rental, fireworks cruise, Afternoon Tea @ the Grand Floridian, do a dinner show, a spa & golf day depending on the composition of your travel party (male vs. female), or any other of the signature experiences DIsney has to offer.
5. You could celebrate at one of the water parks or at Dowtown Disney

Hope it helps! Have a Magical Trip!!!:party:

JoF
09-01-2008, 05:51 AM
Thanks for all the ideas.
We are liking Mickey's Halloween Party and afternoon tea at the Grand Floridan.
Our party isn't quite big enough for a grand gathering - only 5 of us.
We are going to be staying at POFQ on the recommendation of Intercot and are really looking forward to it.