PDA

View Full Version : Two questions...

georger
08-31-2008, 11:20 AM
What is the best hotel to stay at for one night near the airport (MCO) with a shuttle...then what would be the best way to get to POR from that hotel??? We just changed our flight plans and will now be arriving late on Thursday Sept.4th...we need a hotel that would pick us up at the airport that night then we'll need transportation to POR on the 5th??? Any suggestions?

Strmchsr
08-31-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm not sure about the hotels. I haven't stayed in any of them so I don't want to recommend a place I haven't personally stayed at.

However, I would definitely recommend using Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/) (Intercot sponsor, so you know they're legit) to get you from there to POR.

Goofeygal
08-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Did you try to get into port orleans on the new arrival day?

Beast_fanatic
08-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Another option is to stay at a value resort on property for your first night. You could then utilize Magical Express to get you there and then you can have the resort transfer your bags over to POR the next day.

TammiMcMan
08-31-2008, 02:12 PM
A very convenient option for a late flight is to stay right at the Hyatt. It's inside the airport and you can take a towncar service the next morning to POR. The most convenient overall though, is doing as Rhonda suggested and stay at a Disney value the first night. If you have a party of 5, that will cut down on your options. We stayed at a Hawthorne Suites which was local to the airport and offered a shuttle service. I think the 1 bedroom unit, which slept 5 was $99 per night and included a full hot buffet breakfast in the morning.

georger
08-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Well, we called and got POR for one more night...it was not much more expensive than a hotel airport- cheaper than the Hyatt and simpler overall plus we get to use DME! I got to add one more TS dining to our stay and I got GF Cafe...We've never eaten there but now we're looking forward to a full day on Friday! Thanks again for all your wise advice!!!