PDA

View Full Version : Another package at check-in question

debandbub
08-31-2008, 07:55 AM
Hi Everyone! 58 days to go! :mickey: My brother and his family are meeting us there a few days after we check in. I was planning on getting a couple of the string back-packs (you know what ones I mean?) and filling it with a few things for my nieces (11 and 7) for when they check in. My question is two-fold: 1) can I just bring them to the front desk the morning of their check-in and ask that they give them to the girls when they arrive? (I am sure we'll be at the parks and plan on catching up with them after they check in).
And 2)- I have some Disney pens, I plan on getting some Disney snacks, an autograph book, a souvenir penny book and some rolled quarters/pennies, and a t-shirt in each pack. What other ideas do you nice folks have to include? Oddly enough, my WONDERFUL nieces are not huge Hannah Montana OR HSM fans, so I am having a tough time finding things to fill it with here before we leave! They actually like the classic characters....I am so proud! LOL

Strmchsr
08-31-2008, 09:51 AM
1) can I just bring them to the front desk the morning of their check-in and ask that they give them to the girls when they arrive? (I am sure we'll be at the parks and plan on catching up with them after they check in).

Yes, absolutely. Just be sure to tell the front desk the name on the reservation and they'll hold it for you.

Beast_fanatic
08-31-2008, 12:31 PM
For other items, a disposable camera or disposable water proof camera (if you're going to a water park) might be good so they can capture photos through their eyes, some lip balm with sunscreen in it (I think I've seen some Disney characters on some of them in the past), maybe one of the light spinners (particularly for the 7 year old) or glow necklaces for their enjoyment during parades, and a stuffed Mickey (Target has some small ones).

g8rgirl29
08-31-2008, 01:00 PM
If you are "Crafty" you could go to Michaels or another craft store and pick up T-shirts and or ball caps to make your own personalized Shirts/caps with fabric paint. They may even have some iron on transfers. Some gum or other small snacks they can take into the park(they sell Disney fruit snacks). Disney sunglasses. If they wear crocs maybe some Disney jibbitz to decorate them, they sell them on their web site. Pick up water/spray bottles at Target or Walmart and decorate with some Disney stickers. A journal or scrapbook with stickers so they can document their trip each night(plus they will get many free stickers in the park). Hope some of these will help!! Have a great trip!!!

mickey&missy
08-31-2008, 01:30 PM
That's such a sweet idea! I love the disposable camera idea! I got my DD some disposable digital cameras at CVS on sale before our last trip. They have a lot of cute tee at the disney store for $5 right now if there's one near you or you could, as some else said make some if your crafty!

You could also include a few pins, park maps, postcards etc

debandbub
09-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the great ideas! Yes, the Disney Store near me just closed, so I am out of luck there. And the other area stores are Hannah- and HSM- heavy, tough to find the classics here! I know I'll grab some items once we get to WDW, I just wanted to have a good head start before we left...in 57 short days! :mickey:

MushuGrl
09-01-2008, 02:22 PM
I have noticed the Dollar Tree lately has a TON of Disney stuff lately, even coloring books, yo yos, plastic figures, and puzzles!

g8rgirl29
09-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Was just at Michaels today and they have Disney princess and Tinkerbell note pads, diary(with locks), glitter glue, scented markers and pencil cases all for $1.00 each. In the clearance section they even had Disney jumpropes, yo-yos, and bouncy balls for $0.29. They also have 15 glow bracelets in a tube for $1.00.