PDA

View Full Version : best room

mickeytravel
08-30-2008, 04:17 PM
we are staying for the first time in te por-riverside. What is the best location to stay at. We usually stay at WL but this was a last minute trip.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-30-2008, 06:38 PM
We stayed at POR on our honeymoon, in building #18 and it was perfect!

It is close to the main building, food court and bus stop, and only a short walk to the main pool. There is a quiet pool right behind the building, and we only bothered with the main pool once.

AwPhooey
08-30-2008, 09:29 PM
I stayed at POR in 2006 and really liked our room location. I don't remember the room number, but it was Alligator Bayou, building 35.

We really loved the location, as it had a quiet pool and laundry facilities right next to it and was a short walk to the West Depot bus stop. The walks to the main building and large pool were longer, but still not bad (I'd guess 7-8 minutes).

Tinkerbella16
08-30-2008, 11:36 PM
I absolutely love POR. Last year we stayed there, in the Alligator Bayou section in Bldg #24. The room was not close at all to the main building...it was a bit of a hike, but I enjoyed the walk because the grounds are so nice. We had a bus stop right outside of our building which was really good when coming back at night from a long day at the parks. From walking to the foodcourt I noticed that Bldg #14 in Alligator Bayou was very close (probably just a few steps away) to the main building.

trudisneygal
08-31-2008, 11:52 PM
DH and I stayed at POR for our anniversary 2 years ago and fell in love with it, so that's where we're headed back to next week for our trip! We stayed at one of the Mansion rooms last time, and have put in a request for one of those rooms again. I personally like the Mansion rooms. Another perk we like about this resort is the little boats you can take into DD. It's a very nice ride there and back. Hope you have fun!

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
09-01-2008, 01:08 AM
We have stayed at the POR many times, in both the mansion and bayou rooms. I have to say that our family likes the Alligator Bayou area the best. It's a bit of a walk to the food court and Fulton's store - but it is a lovely walk and often there are ducks or bunnys to entertain you along the way. Also has a nice quiet pool and laundry close by.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-03-2008, 04:07 PM
I have to 2nd AB Bldg #18. Stayed there in December 2007 and absolutely loved it. Quiet pool right there if you want it. Short walks to the food court, bus station, Old Man Island. Just a perfect set up.

minnie1956
09-03-2008, 09:41 PM
if you're at Disney!:thumbsup: