PDA

View Full Version : Is parking free at Downtown Disney?

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
08-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Is parking free at Downtown Disney? If so, one could theoretically stay off property, drive to Downtown Disney, and park for free, then ride the Disney bus to a location of choice.

I'm just sayin'.

smcd
08-30-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm pretty sure the buses from DTD don't go to the parks. Maybe the ticket and transportation center... You would have to take the bus to a resort and then get a bus to the parks. It would take way to much time, and effort.

Not worth the bit of savings for us.

Meerkat
08-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Yes, the parking is free at Downtown Disney. But the DTD buses don't go to the parks - only to the resorts.

Polynesian Dweller
08-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Disney stopped service from DTD to the parks some time ago because lots of people had that same thought and parking at DTD became impossible. Now, its way too much time and complicated to do that.

MaxPower
09-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Keep in mind that the Downtown Disney Parking Lot is HUGE. Try to park as close to your destination in DD as possible.

Disdude
09-10-2008, 01:20 PM
It is free and incredibly difficult to find parking in the Village area almost every time we go. It never occurred to me that anyone would park there and make the long bus trips to parks but I guess it could explain why there always seem like there are more cars in the parking lot than there are people in Downtown Disney.

joelkfla
09-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Guests still do it, but I think only once when they realize the hassle of getting from DTD to a park.