PDA

View Full Version : Bklyn Chick's Las Vegas Trip Day 6: 8/22/08

BklynChick
08-30-2008, 01:49 PM
CAST OF CHARACTERS:
Me - early 30's , making her 4th trip to Vegas
DSIS - my sister, belatedly celebrating her 21st b-day and the inspiration for the trip
DSBF - my sister’s boyfriend, also recently turned 21, making his first trip via plane
DSM - my stepmother (and sister’s mom), early 50's, hasn’t been to Vegas in 10 years

Today was basically a travel day. We slept in a little later, then packed our bags. We left the bags with Bell Service and went to the Buffet. Halfway through they started changing over to lunch, which looked good, but not as good as breakfast. Then we played a little more (I think we turned DSIS and DSBF into gamblers!) before grabbing a taxi to the hotel. By the time we checked in, stopped at some stores in the Concourse, got through Security and got drinks and snacks for the plane, it was time to board. We were told that the plane had only two working lavatories (one of which we later found out was in first class and off limits to us for “security” reasons) and that to avoid a 3-4 hour delay, they were going to fly anyway. We were given extra time to use the facilities near the gate. The flight back wasn’t too bad, but I feel sorry for those people near the working lavatories, as there was always a line. We were fed again (cheeseburger, salad with Caesar dressing and mini-candy bar) and watched 1 ½ movies (hate when they start a movie and don’t finish). I mostly read the newspapers. We arrived in Newark and Dad was waiting for us at baggage claim to take us home.

All in all, a very fun and relaxing vacation!

Beast_fanatic
08-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Sounds like you had a nice time!

NJGIRL
09-10-2008, 12:44 PM
I enjoyed reading all of your reports. We went to the Grand Canyon and stayed at the El Tovar for 3 days then went onto the Venetian for 7 days last Oct so your reports brought back great memories for me. One thing we did miss that I think we would have enjoyed was the conservatory at the Belligo. With all the research that I did before we left I didn't even know about this place! I'm glad you had a great time, it's such a fun place that I'm sure we will be back there for our third trip sooner or later.

By the way I do get you alot of credit for going in Aug. I know that's not something I will ever try.

Mackflava99
10-31-2008, 11:29 AM
excellent report- fun to read- thanks!!

DizNee143
11-11-2008, 02:41 PM
a nice day with traveling..wow cant believe the bathroom situation! glad you all had a good time!! thanx for sharing! :D