PDA

View Full Version : balloons, giftsin room??

disneymad1998
08-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone know if you can arrange for balloons or gifts to be the hotel room upon arrival - we will be staying at POP and wondered if I ccould arrange something for my partner and daughter to say thank you as I have been in hospital and they were great....

Any ideas / advice really appreciated.....

:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
08-30-2008, 02:59 PM
The short answer is no you really can't. Rooms assignments are confirmed at the moment of check-in. Until that point there is no specific room in which the flowers etc. can be placed.

Those staying in club level at the deluxes have some better luck on this. I have done it at the Poly club level but it doesn't work on than club level even at deluxe resorts.

What you can do is have something arranged with Disney Florist. That can be delivered to the front desk and picked up as you check-in as a surprise. It could also be delivered after your room is formally assigned but I'd suggest picking it up as you arrive.

disneymad1998
08-30-2008, 05:20 PM
The short answer is no you really can't. Rooms assignments are confirmed at the moment of check-in. Until that point there is no specific room in which the flowers etc. can be placed.

Those staying in club level at the deluxes have some better luck on this. I have done it at the Poly club level but it doesn't work on than club level even at deluxe resorts.

What you can do is have something arranged with Disney Florist. That can be delivered to the front desk and picked up as you check-in as a surprise. It could also be delivered after your room is formally assigned but I'd suggest picking it up as you arrive.

Thanks for the info - will have a look at the disney florist to see what they have.......

mickey&missy
08-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Disney florist is great! I'ved them 3 times. The first 2 times for something to be in the room when on arrival. The first for SIL and her DH on their honeymoon and the second as a suprise for my kids when we arrived. They couldn't promise it would be in the room on arrival but both times it was. The 3rd time was for a balloon bouquet for DD's birthday on the 2nd day of our last trip. It arrived midday.

Good luck!

disneymad1998
08-30-2008, 06:13 PM
Disney florist is great! I'ved them 3 times. The first 2 times for something to be in the room when on arrival. The first for SIL and her DH on their honeymoon and the second as a suprise for my kids when we arrived. They couldn't promise it would be in the room on arrival but both times it was. The 3rd time was for a balloon bouquet for DD's birthday on the 2nd day of our last trip. It arrived midday.

Good luck!

Thanks Mickey&missy - do you know how much they charge for delivery - I can not seem to get it without going thru the checkout! - Also if there is a delivery charge but I wanted 2 items one for my DD and one for my DH would I get charged twice?

LittleRoosMommy
08-30-2008, 07:56 PM
I used Disney florist last Oct. and they were great! As for the delivery fee, I'm not 100% how much it was, but I know that I was only charged one time. I also called them directly and had them make something up specifically for my DDs. They were great! I told her how much I wanted to spend on each gift, what they liked, what I wanted to say on the card and she did the rest! She even had a couple other things that I hadn't asked for inside the gift for the girls!! She also had the gifts sent over to the resort the day before our check-in date to ensure that the girls would get it upon check-in!! It was great! The looks on my DDs faces were priceless!:cloud9:

I plan on using them again this October! I would recommend calling them directly, just to make sure that you wouldn't get charged a delivery fee twice. I hope this helps! Have a great trip!!:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
08-30-2008, 09:01 PM

Good luck!
That's the point. It may happen, but there is no way to guarantee. Although room assignments are made a couple of days in advance, the front desk CMs can assign rooms as people come in. So, no guarantee and I wouldn't count on it. There are more stories about things not making it than there are those making it. Again, club level seems to work every time.