PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Babe's Trip Within A Trip Report Day 5

Beach Club Babe
08-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Well we are officially 3 for the rest of the trip, short as it may be.

I attempted to purchase some park tickets in the Radisson's lobby, but they are interested only in having us take a 2 hour tour of their timeshare. I tell them we do not have that kind of time, but they are persistent, and I tell them thanks, but no thanks, I will purchase our tickets at the gate.

We are up an atem early this morning, on our way to Hollywood Studios. Given our time constraints, we have opted to go with just 2 day MYW tickets with no park hopping, so we will only be able to do 2 parks. I leave the choices up to Emily and she has selected DHS and MK. It's DHS today. We pull in and it seems silly to wait for a tram as we are very close. We decide to walk and save the tram for the end of the day. Ron and Emily get in line for opening, while I purchase the tickets. I have them in hand and just make it back to the other 2 before they are about to go through the turnstiles.

There is no opening ceremony this morning and we are free to move about the park. Emily immediately spots Donald Duck and wants a picture. Apparently, Donald is now, in he words, "her boy." Ok. Ron takes her over to meet him and I tell them I will meet them in front of The Great Movie Ride, after I run over and get some fastpasses for Toy Story Mania. Yikes, these lines are ridiculous!. The 2 ladies in front of me are bitterly complaining about how stupid people slow up the line and how one man has 8 tickets. Well when it it is their turn, they are no better as they have 23 tickets and have confused themselves as to which they have put through and which they haven't! The people behind me are now screaming that they will use all the ticket paper up! Finally, I manage to collect my 3 and am on my way back, when my phone rings with Ron wanting to know where I am. He thought he got the meeting place wrong, as I have taken so long. I try to explain the madness, but I'm not sure he quite got how popular this is.

We meet up, and decide on The Great Movie Ride. There is no one in line and we walk straight through, and are seated in the 1st row with the driver. I do warn Emily, that this will mean the bad guy will be with us as well. She cowers a bit, but says she's alright with it. We get the Cowboy scene, and I'm a bit disappointed, as I definitely prefer the gangster scene. Afterwards, Emily has her own touring plans in her mind. She is telling us what and when we will be going on. I'm not ready for that, so I tell her we'll take it one step at a time.

She does really have her heart set on Star Tours next, so we do oblige. But now, I think we'll stick to what I think is best, or we'll be zigzagging across the park all day. Next up is Muppetvision, where we miss most of the pre-show. Emily's other character mission of the day is for some odd reaon The Power Rangers??? It is time for them to be out, so we make our way over and find them. We get to meet Yellow, Red, and Blue Rangers, before thankfully, they need to go in. It is beginning to drizzle a bit, so we decide on an early lunch at the Studio Catering Company. Ron and I each get chili dogs, while Emily goes with the old standby PB&J.

Back to touring, as the rain has seemed to subside a little. We opt for the Backlot Tour, as there is not much of a wait. I really think they need to revamp this, as how many times can one see the same things. As we board the trams, the rain starts to pick up again. We are directed to seats in the middle of a car, but someone has spilled red fruit punch on the seat, and I am not willing to sit in it. We inform the CM and she directs us to the front of another tram. This way we'll be sure to get soaked!

We make our way over to RNR and get a fastpass for Ron. My stomach is a little unsettled today, probably largely due to leaving Courtney at College yesterday. No RNRC or Tot for me, but that's OK. Beauty & The Beast is now seating, so we grab seats, and are anxious to hear our favorites Four For a Dollar and they did not disappoint! I was so sad to come home and hear that they will no longer be performing here!:(:mad: The rest of the show was good as well, but really our main objective coming here was to see the guys. As we head into the Animation Courtyard, Emily spies June, and Jop Jo and Goliath, so we stop for photos.

We have just enough time to make it into the next showing of Playhouse Disney. The changes are nice, but I still miss some of the other show. Emily enjoys it though and that's all that counts. Next up, we visit the Animation Tour and see Mushu. Emily has become too accustomed to going through the exit to meet characters. We do however, get to meet Sorcerer Mickey and Emily can color in her favorite characters, so again all is good. When we exit, we find Handy Manny and Leo waiting to meet us. It would be rude not to stop and get some pics.

It is almost time for our fp's, so we head over slowly trying to kill the 5 minutes. Once we arrive, the CM still makes us wait an additional 5 minutes, even though the fastpass return time says we can go in. She also had done this to another family, who said it was the longest 5 minutes of their life! We can now go in and really enjoy the ride! I was much more impressed than I thought I would be. Very nice addition, too bad the other kids are not here to enjoy it.

When we are finished, people are beginning to line up for the Block Party, so we find a location, and I go for Mickey Bars! It is almost time to begin and then the announcement comes, that is has been delayed. Another few minutes go by, and the cancellation comes. I really don't see why, as it is not raining anymore and the earlier rain was not heavy and things are pretty well dried up. Oh well, we'll have something for next time, at least those Mickey Bars hit the spot!

Emily suggests the GMR and we are open to it, as long as the wait is not too long. It definitely wasn't as again no one was in there and we once again walk right on. Unfortuantely, once again we get the cowboy! We rarely see this, but twice in one day? I don't think that has ever happened to us before.

We are feeling a bit hungry, and without hope of getting an ADR, we are resigned to another Quick Service meal. Since the ABC Commissary is close, we head there. Chicken Nuggets for Emily, a cheeseburger for Ron, and an Asian salad for me. Time once again to head out into the park.

We will not get away without visiting Ariel, so off we go. I am hoping there is not a huge wait and we will make it into the next show. However, I cannot stress how much I dislike the waiting area. 10 minutes later we are watching Ariel and her friends, and all is right in Emily's world. She had been asking all day for this, but it was never the right time. She was beginning to think we would not make it in.

Our last mission for the day is for Ron to use his fp for RNRC. He does, and we head for the exit. Emily really wanted to stay for Fantasmic, but we were just too beat to wait in that line. We are used to taking a midday break, even if it is short, being offsite kind of put that out of the question.

Back at our hotel, we must get that last trip to the pool in before we check out in the morning. Ron joins us this time, despite their is a cool breeze blowing, we head in. Emily wants to show her dad how she can go down the big slide by herself. I take her to the top, and Ron is supposed to catch her at the bottom. Well he gets distracted, and misses her. She is not happy at all! I am coming down the slide behind her (What I won't do for this kid) and actually am the one to grab her up. I encourage her to try again, so that she does not lose her confidence. She is unsure, but agrees, when I say I will wait for her, while Ron goes up with her. I do and successfully catch her. Everything is OK again. But wait, we must do it one more time. I again wait, but my view is obstructed by 2 girls now sitting on either edge of the slide and high fiving their family members. They are still there and I do not realize it is Emily's turn. I am just a tad too far away to get to her and again someone misses her. However, this time is different, as she figured out how to keep her head up and swim towards me all by herself! She is so happy and so proud of herself!

We are all getting a little chilly, so we head over warm up in the hot tub. We spend a few minutes here and head back to the room, we have a busy day ahead of us in MK before we start the drive home tomorrow night!

More Olympics and more weirdo and then lights out!

ChipnDaleGal
08-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Heather, have you and Ron ever been to WDW before with just one child? That must have been so different for you. I bet Emily enjoyed having the both of you all to herself. Thanks for sharing your day.:mickey:

Lizzie
08-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the report sounds like Emily had a really great day picking what to do.

Bethis26fan
08-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Sounds like a great day.

RedSoxFan
09-01-2008, 08:47 AM
sounds like the three of you had a wonderful day.:mickey:

pdrlkr
09-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

princessgirls
09-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Your park day sounded wonderful!

Emily keeps you guys hopping!

Thank you so much for the wonderful report!
I have enjoyed reading them!!

I'm so glad you were able to do 2 park days.

Julie:mickey:

DizNee143
09-02-2008, 11:07 AM
sounds like a nice day in mgm (i dont care what its called now..lol) you guys sure did get a good amount done!..hahah..i love it..you watched some more ' weirdo ' thats great!! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
09-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the report, it really sounds like you had a great day! I am sure that Emily enjoyed having you two in the park to herself!

iheartmickey
09-03-2008, 08:17 AM
It sounds like you had a great "emily touring" day! I bet she's really loving all the quality disney time with you!

thanks for sharing!

faline
09-13-2008, 03:41 PM
There really is mania around the new Toy Story ride! What a nice Disney day you three had!