PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Costumes at Disneyland?

Alice2marie
08-29-2008, 06:40 PM
I read somewhere that you can wear any kind of costume to the after hours party at DCA, but only Disney costumes into Disneyland. Does anyone know if Indiana Jones counts as Disney. I know he is not a Disney Character per sey, but he does have his own ride in the theme park. My son hasn't even seen the movie, but thats what he really wants to be. He's six, and stubborn. I know it's easy enough to take off the hat, whip and jacket and then he's just in regular clothes, but he'd be heart broken if they made him do that. We will be at Disney in October and both my kids want to wear thier costumes in the park one day for pics. My daughter will be Alice, no problem there. Any info anyone might have would be great. Just trying to be prepared! Thanks!

LuvsTigger80
08-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Hi there!! I don't see why your son wouldn't be able to be Indiana Jones. They sell the hat and other stuff inside the park. So it shouldn't be a problem. Hope you and your family have a good time.

LittleSpirit02
08-30-2008, 12:10 AM
Disneyland is where the Indiana Jones attraction is so I would imagine that would be fine. :)

BrerGnat
08-30-2008, 12:28 AM
I think, if you go ON Halloween day, it should not be a problem.

I also think this is a good year to decide to be Indiana Jones. ;) It would be hard to argue against it, seeing as how he's so popular around/in the parks these days.

NotaGeek
08-30-2008, 12:33 AM
I read somewhere that you can wear any kind of costume to the after hours party at DCA, but only Disney costumes into Disneyland. Does anyone know if Indiana Jones counts as Disney. I know he is not a Disney Character per sey, but he does have his own ride in the theme park. My son hasn't even seen the movie, but thats what he really wants to be. He's six, and stubborn. I know it's easy enough to take off the hat, whip and jacket and then he's just in regular clothes, but he'd be heart broken if they made him do that. We will be at Disney in October and both my kids want to wear thier costumes in the park one day for pics. My daughter will be Alice, no problem there. Any info anyone might have would be great. Just trying to be prepared! Thanks!

:welcome: to INTERCOT! :blackcat:
Here's what the costume info is right from the Disneyland Mickey's Trick or Treat Web Page (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/reserve/specialOffers/detail?name=MickeysTrickOrTreatPartySpecialOfferPa ge):

Costume Information
All event attendees — including adults — may dress in their favorite Halloween costume and must follow these and other guidelines as determined solely by Disney:

* Costumes should be child-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive or violent.
* Guests may wear masks. However, masks must not obstruct vision and eyes must be visible at all times.
* Guests that dress like Disney Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
* Costumes should not drag on the ground.
* Costumes should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
* Costumes should not contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
* Guests of all ages may only wear costumes to the Mickey's Halloween Treat event to which they have valid tickets. During normal Park operating hours, costumes are only permitted for Guests ages 9 and younger.

Guests that do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into the event unless their costume can be modified to meet the above standard

Your son should be fine in whatever costume all day. :mpumpkin:

Alice2marie
08-31-2008, 01:22 PM
Thank you to everyone! I knew I was asking the right people! My son is so thrilled, he is so looking forward to our trip and riding Indy as Indy. Only 34 more Days! :mickey:

LuvsTigger80
08-31-2008, 08:18 PM
my son is only 2 and i can't wait to take him on indy. he is indy crazy. hope your son has fun. it's a great ride.:)