PDA

View Full Version : What does School Bread taste like?

Sunshine1010
08-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Is School Bread (from Norway) similar to a Bavarian Creme filled doughnut?

SBETigg
08-29-2008, 11:18 AM
It looks like it and I was hoping it would be but it is not at all, really. The texture is definitely bread, not doughnut. Very dense bread, not light. The cream is yummy, but very buttery. I'm not a fan, but probably only because I was expecting something light and creamy, not dense and buttery. It is a sweet bread and butter snack.

SurferStitch
08-29-2008, 12:40 PM
The bread is like a breakfast sweet bread. The cream does remind me of a Bavarian cream. I don't remember it being buttery at all. Had a good vanilla flavor. Not greasy or very heavy. There is a little bit of the cream filling on top, with shredded coconut on that, but it's definitely a regular Bavarian or Boston cream style filling inside (like pudding).

DH and I used to share one because they were so big, but when we were there in May, they were much smaller, so we each had our own.

Crow
08-29-2008, 06:15 PM
and good:thumbsup:

Wickster1970
08-30-2008, 12:14 AM
Thanks to what I have read over the past few months, I am looking forward to tying the school bread about as much as tasting my first Dole Whip. :cloud9:

MickeyMousse
08-30-2008, 11:38 AM
SBETigg described it perfectly! :cloud9:

It has become a must have when we end our day at Epcot! Just leave some room because I found it to be very filling!!!!

bc002k
08-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Heaven

Maleficent's Dad
08-31-2008, 07:25 AM
It looks like it and I was hoping it would be but it is not at all, really. The texture is definitely bread, not doughnut. Very dense bread, not light. The cream is yummy, but very buttery. I'm not a fan, but probably only because I was expecting something light and creamy, not dense and buttery. It is a sweet bread and butter snack.
Sherri is 100% correct.
It is bread, hence the name!

After reading about it so often on Intercot, I tried it; very, very disappointing to DW and me.

jpH/keD
08-31-2008, 03:29 PM
We happened to have it by mistake last trip and I thought it was AWESOME!!!

It is on my must have list for all time now! My memory of the filling is like vanilla pudding. I love the cocoanut as the topping!

This is a no-no on Intercot but IMHO, I would rather have school bread than a Dole Whip!:secret:

disneygeek84
08-31-2008, 06:00 PM
I was kind of thinking that I might try this on our trip next week, but I really can't stand coconut. Can you get one without it?

Spartan_Jeff
09-02-2008, 01:19 AM
After reading about it hear on Intercot, I marched in on Thursday and asked for a school bread. I love sweet bread, i love coconut, and I love all types of bavarian cream..........yet i thought the school bread was awful. Hard to explain it, i just was not impressed at all. Maybe I just got a bad one.

AmBo
09-03-2008, 01:49 PM
I was kind of thinking that I might try this on our trip next week, but I really can't stand coconut. Can you get one without it?

I agree. Can you? :confused:

SurferStitch
09-03-2008, 06:26 PM
You could just scrape the coconut off the top.

MamaStyles
09-03-2008, 08:14 PM
School bread is my FAVORITE Disney snack!!!..:thumbsup:it's right up there with the Mickey bar!:bar:

I actually found the recipe online, however, it seems rather 'labor intensive':chef:

Anyway, it is a sweet bread with a hole filled with custard (swirled on top), the bread is then dipped in icing, then sprinkled with shredded coconut.
The combination is fabulous! Sharing school bread can be messy, yummy, FUN!:eat::eat:

cinderella crazy
09-04-2008, 02:51 PM
I never knew this existed! I will definately have to get one this next trip. Sounds absolutely deilicious!