PDA

View Full Version : ASMovies question

Kisobel
08-29-2008, 03:18 AM
does the gift shop here have a food section? when we stayed at POR, the gift shop had a food section with milk and munchies. i was trying to decide if we really had 50$ worth of groceries to place and order from garden grocer. i don't think we need all that but i'm not sure i want to fill my carry on with poptarts and dougnuts.

kate

Bethis26fan
08-29-2008, 06:40 AM
Yes they do it's a small section

FaithTrustPixieDust
08-29-2008, 02:15 PM
I don't recall seeing milk or any "real food" in the ASMovies gift shop. There were lots of cookies, candy, and some boxed crackers, etc. I got a few boxes of Mickey-Roni and cheese to take home (and use up snack credits). It was pretty awful . . . . :sick:

jpH/keD
08-29-2008, 03:14 PM
The gift shop has candy and snacks and stuff but the food courts are loaded w/ stuff like you are looking for. On the ddp you get 2 drinks w/ breakfast + coffee if you get a mug. Who needs all that first thing in the AM? Take the drinks back to your room or launch them in the back pack for later in the day!! If you work the system that is all you will need! :thumbsup: Good luck and have a great trip.

Jasper
08-29-2008, 03:43 PM
The last time we stayed there they did have milk in the gift shop. If I remember correctly it was in a cooler all the way to the back on the left. However, if the food court is open milk was cheaper over there. As for other foods they don't have a huge selection but you can gets snacks and the small single serve size of cereals. Again though if the food court is open you will have better selection and price over there.

This is the way it was about three years ago which was the last time we stayed at an All Star so it may have changed since then. Also, all three of the All Stars have the same basic foods in their gift shops.

disneydrmr
08-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah.. I remember buying milk from the gift shop back in '06 when I was there...and Jasper is right on the location...

E-OR
08-30-2008, 12:40 PM
They do have milk and it is a quart size container. I buy it because it fits in the fridge well. There is also other food items that you might need, donuts, orange juice, etc.. Of course it is really expensive. I like to pack a suitcase with food items: bagels, chips, cereal, etc.. and then use the bag for all the extras we end up bringing home.

momof3+twins
08-31-2008, 07:16 PM
We got entenmann's donuts there. They were the same price as in the stores. So, we ate those alot for breakfast. I don't remember poptarts though. I have been reading alot about a gas station on property. If I remember correctly, I think it is close to the marketplace. Maybe in walking distance? Not sure.

momof3+twins
08-31-2008, 07:17 PM
sorry, walking distance from the marketplace not the movies resort.

KAT1811
08-31-2008, 08:57 PM
We were going to do a GG order this trip but I do not think we will actually utilize much of what I was planning on ordering. I am mostly concerned with the little ones having juice in the morning and maybe some milk before bed but for that I'll just pick up single servings in the food court. They do have a little area with snacks and the like, pastries and cereals. I'm not sure what you are looking for but you should be fine unless you are looking for a larger grocery type selection.