PDA

View Full Version : Hurricanes causing change of plans?

gamblefamily5
08-29-2008, 12:19 AM
I was just wondering if anyone is changing their plans of coming to DisneyWorld b/c of Gustav or Hannah?

WDWfanatic742
08-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Gustav is going to the Gulf and Hannah is going to sit out in sea for the next week or so and then could move into any direction. As of now, nobody really should be changing their plans because of either storm.

Plus if they were a major storm to hit Florida, I know of people who would go up to WDW because most of all of their hotels are built to higher standards that some of the houses down here. We almost did that after Wilma came by and knocked out our power for a week or two.

judoma
08-29-2008, 12:54 AM
I am not changing my plans, but hoping for the best!

Here's :pixie: for anyone affected by these hurricanes/tropical storms in Disney World or especially at home!

Bethis26fan
08-29-2008, 06:50 AM
We aren't changing our plans, but we are preparing ourselfs better. We bought a nicer pancho rather than just the cheap dollar ones. An extra extra pair of shoes so now instead of 2 t-shoes we will have 3 and plenty of socks. We've planned this trip and we are going to make the best of it.

PetefromRI
08-29-2008, 09:02 AM
We're leaving on Labor Day to go to WDW.It looks like Gustav won't effect us and we're praying that Hannah stays away.If worse comes to worse we'll just "hunker down" as they say on the Weather Channel,at our resort and if we're lucky maybe our flight will be delayed a few days and we can stay alittle longer!(lol)

BMan62
08-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Come Hades or high water, we're going to be in WDW in less than 18 days!!!! Takeoff in 17days 21hours 20mins...mark!

gamblefamily5
08-29-2008, 10:12 AM
We also are buying Pochos to take & lots of them!:):mickey:

kittysomerville
08-29-2008, 11:22 AM
The only reason I would change my plans is if my house or car gets messed up during Gustav. I live in Hattiesburg, MS (about 1.5 hours from the Mississippi coast). We lost a car in Katrina, and the house we "hunkered down" in was covered in trees by the time the storm was over. So, naturally, I'm pretty nervous right now. We're set to go Sept 14-21, and we're just hoping for the best for our home and vehicle!

joonyer
08-29-2008, 11:31 AM
It is very unlikely that Gustav or Hannah will come anywhere near the Orlando Area. (although anything is possible)

Figmentiscool
08-29-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm going no matter what the weather brings.

Strmchsr
08-29-2008, 12:59 PM
It is very unlikely that Gustav or Hannah will come anywhere near the Orlando Area. (although anything is possible)

Though Gustav is unlikely (not impossible), Hannah could very well come across FL. The latest track brings Hannah across the FL Keys and up the FL Gulf Coast making landfall between Tampa and Panama City. That's WAY too far out to say for sure, but it's certainly not unlikely that Hannah will impact WDW.

Bethis26fan
08-29-2008, 01:30 PM
There's also one behind hanna that could turn into something.

Strmchsr
08-29-2008, 02:55 PM
There's also one behind hanna that could turn into something.

And one coming right behind that. However, it's way too early to start talking/thinking about anything beyond Hannah. The others are just too far out to know where they'll go.

Going2HeavenRU
08-29-2008, 06:36 PM
We are leaving the 13th so it looks like we may be affected by one of the storms. We have been waiting too long to cancel now.
One question though, if anyone knows, can we add the no expiration option to our MYW tickets if we decide to stay in on a rainy day?

Beast_fanatic
08-29-2008, 06:55 PM
We are leaving the 13th so it looks like we may be affected by one of the storms. We have been waiting too long to cancel now.
One question though, if anyone knows, can we add the no expiration option to our MYW tickets if we decide to stay in on a rainy day?
'
You can (so long as it's within 14 days of the first use of the ticket), but it's probably not worth it for just one day since you have to pay for no expiration for the total number of days that were on the pass.

homeschool mom
08-30-2008, 08:05 PM
We will be in WDW Sept. 13 - 19 so I'm watching the storm after Hannah and waiting to see if it developes into anything. Praying it doesn't.

That was our biggest concern when we booked this trip. We have never gone in the fall. Only spring and winter. We just had to worry about snowstorms up here for our departure at those times.

Arriving 2 weeks from today! :mickey:

BronxTigger
08-30-2008, 08:12 PM
No. I don't have any WDW trips until December.

However, my in-laws are going to the Dominican Republic for a while. I don't know their exact travel dates but I think they are leaving this weekend and I'm not sure how long they are staying. So anything behind Hanna could pose a problem. They've already been hit at least twice this season.

luvdiznee
08-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Just wondering...for those of you going soon, do you have insurance? :mickey:

BelleCiavo
08-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Just wondering...for those of you going soon, do you have insurance? :mickey:

Leaving Tuesday for WDW and I have no insurance. I have had hurricanes delay my trip before, both Disney and Southwest changed my reservations with no fees and no problems.

Bethis26fan
08-30-2008, 10:06 PM
We are leaving friday and will be they saturday and we don't have insurance. I'm nervous but hoping for the best but trying to prepare for the worst.

disneygeek84
08-30-2008, 10:59 PM
We're leaving next Saturday and driving down so we'll arrive on Sunday. We're camping just west of Tallahassee on Saturday night, so I'm hoping that it's not pouring down rain that night. If it is, then I'm totally fine sleeping in the car, but I'm going to Disney World, no matter what.

ryca1dreams
08-31-2008, 12:46 AM
We arrive on the 10th so who knows what Hanna will do. However, our in-laws (who are going with us) live in SW Louisiana, so they will be affected by Gustav. That may have some impact on the trip as a whole. But, we still plan on going.
My overriding hope is that these storms just have minimal impact on life and property.

goofygirl67
08-31-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm still going on the 20th. I went through Fay last weekend and maybe Hanna this weekend. For Jacksonville we seem to miss most of the bad stuff, even though we did have flooding and some of our bridges were closed at times during Fay.

luvdiznee
09-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Leaving Tuesday for WDW and I have no insurance. I have had hurricanes delay my trip before, both Disney and Southwest changed my reservations with no fees and no problems.

Good to know that at least if you had to make changes, there were no problems. Good luck to you. :mickey:

luvdiznee
09-01-2008, 08:31 AM
We are leaving friday and will be they saturday and we don't have insurance. I'm nervous but hoping for the best but trying to prepare for the worst.

This will be us in a few weeks, too. No insurance. Good luck to you. :mickey:

Mousemates
09-01-2008, 10:57 PM
DW going in six days...not worried about the G or H storms....but the new I storm has her attention.