PDA

View Full Version : Airtran Opening Flights in Columbus

Hair_Razor
08-28-2008, 08:35 PM
So I was checking flights for my sister to come visit me from Denver and started looking at Airtran to see if we could get a good flight into Dayton. As I was looking I saw Columbus on the list it looks like they are starting flights in November. I know lots of people use them and so I thought I would share. Hopefully this will help someone in their travels!

Beast_fanatic
08-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the info!

MuchLovedMama
08-29-2008, 04:24 PM
That's good to know for next year. This year when I was looking I kept hearing about them but I saw they weren't an option for Columbus. Maybe next year SW & AirTran will be competing & hopefully I can find really cheap airfare. :party:

Wickster1970
08-30-2008, 12:23 AM
We are going to the World in April and just for the heck of it were looking at airfares (we were planning on getting a rental and driving). We were surprised to see AirTran round trip tickets would be under $200 per person...AFTER all those taxes and add-ons. Adding everything up, flying will cost us about $250 more than driving, but it will take that 14 hour trip with 3 DARLING children out of the equation.

Hair_Razor
09-06-2008, 07:18 PM
I also just heard that Skybus is coming back but opening in Springfield.

MuchLovedMama
09-06-2008, 08:09 PM
I also just heard that Skybus is coming back but opening in Springfield.

Can't trust that though...

Hair_Razor
09-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Very true pf course you are only out about $20 versus $220.

MuchLovedMama
09-10-2008, 06:44 AM
Very true pf course you are only out about $20 versus $220.

I know of somebody that got stranded when they shut down last time. They were already at their vacation spot & didn't know they had shut down & went to the airport only to find that Skybus wasn't there. Empty! Can't imagine.

I also had family members that had tickets for the very next week. There were like 10 of them going & they had to find tickets & pay huge amounts getting last minute flights & they couldn't find that many seats on the same plane.

I wouldn't be abe to chance it.

Hair_Razor
09-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Very true how outrageous the way they shut down. Did you hear that there were airlines offering discount tickets to stranded guests and WORKERS how crazy. Can you imagine working for them and being stranded. By the way you have no job and now good luck getting home! :thedolls: