PDA

View Full Version : Have you found "Your" resort?

Septbride2002
08-28-2008, 05:20 PM
you know - that resort you compare all others to because you love it so much?

For us it is Boardwalk Villas - we love them. I bought DVC with this as our home resort sight unseen and fell in love the second I walked into the lobby. We went through quite a few resorts before finding "the one" but now all others pale in comparison.

~Amanda

BronxTigger
08-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Caribbean Beach Resort :cloud9:

I haven't yet been since they Nemo-d the rooms. I'm not sure how I will feel now.

murphy1
08-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Mine is WL! I just love it there! And not b/c of it being like PacNW, it reminds me of Florida, my home state, plus you are so close to Mk, but still away from it all. And we had this cute little rabbit we named George that was outside our balcony everyday (I much preferred George to those horrible black birds attacking at Port Orleans pool!) We also really like ASMusic in the back by Broadway, the pool with Little Mermaid and Three Caballeros is fun!

Dopey's Girl
08-28-2008, 06:59 PM
I love getting to stay at any of the resorts and want to try them all, but when we stayed at POFQ in January, I just fell in love. It's so cute and quaint, I loved it. I'm staying at AKL next, but I'm already dreaming of another trip to FQ!

DisneyorBust
08-28-2008, 07:13 PM
We have our absolute favorite resort....the Polynesian:tikki: We find it to be so relaxing, a get away unto itself. We will be trying CBR next month and are excited to experience this resort.

SBETigg
08-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Our resort is the Grand Floridian. It has been our Disney "home" since our 1990 honeymoon. We've stayed at other resorts, but we're most comfortable at the GF.

AllDisney
08-28-2008, 07:53 PM
I have not stayed at all the resorts, yet, but, so far my favorite is AKL. I love the smell when you just walk into the lobby. I love the comfy sofas & chairs to sit down for a while, before heading to our room, and watching the other guests returning from their fantastic day at the park:blush:

Jforrest2
08-28-2008, 08:08 PM
:donald:Ducks in the pool every morning... :bunny:Bunnies on the walkways... Waterfalls...soft music...cricket sounds...

Wilderness Lodge hands down! :judge:

KatMark
08-28-2008, 08:30 PM
We have stayed at Contemporary, Polynesian, All-Star Sports and Coronado. We have visited all of the resorts. The only other one we really want to try is the Animal Kingdom Lodge. However, that would probably be a split stay because we absolutely LOVE the Coronado and will be there again in 3 days.

GrmGrninGost
08-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Wilderness Lodge for me! I can't wait to stay in all of them, but WL is my special place. :mickey:

wdwnomad
08-28-2008, 09:35 PM
My favorite is POFQ. I absoutely loved everything about it....the music, buses, grounds, beignets. I would love to go back there but I also really like to try other resorts out. I get conflicted everytime I start thinking about going back. Maybe in a couple of years I will take a break resort hopping and go back to POFQ.

pogo
08-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Ours is POFQ with the Poly as a close second.:D

g8rgirl29
08-28-2008, 10:56 PM
Old Key West for me!!!! I love the relaxing atmosphere and all the extra space in the rooms!!!

lockedoutlogic
08-28-2008, 11:19 PM
My "home" is Saratoga.....

My favorite is anywhere but Saratoga....

Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge are the only two i would have that kinda attachment to.....polynesian perhaps as well....

BelleCiavo
08-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Polynesian :lei:

Funny thing is the first time we booked there I was not happy. I wanted to stay at a deluxe, but not that one, it reminded me of the Brady Bunch in Hawaii. :ack: But it was the only deluxe available at a discount so we took it and I fell in love. :cloud9:

SAHDad
08-28-2008, 11:47 PM
I don't think I have found "the one" yet. So far, we have stayed at All-Start Movies, OKY, Boardwalk and WL. Of them, I really like the WL, but I'll admit, I really, really want to stay at AKL.

Fortunately, that's where we are staying in January. :D

I'd love to stay at the GF, but I doubt that is going to happen any time soon.

judoma
08-29-2008, 12:29 AM
Well first off, I've only ever been to WDW one time, last year. We stayed at CBR and it was WONDERFUL! While there last year, we were fortunate enough to eat at Whispering Canyons at Wilderness Lodge. The second we walked in, we fell in love with this resort. :cloud9: DH and I decided that we would stay there as soon as we could. A few days into the vacation we recieved the bounceback offer for 2008. Alas, the WL was still out of our budget so we re-booked for CBR. Then the free dining came into play. So with the extra savings we found WL to be within our price range. Also, I was in a bad car accident a few months ago and will be limited in the attractions that I can visit in WDW. :ill: We figured that since I have no idea how my body will react to a marvelous, yet exhausting Disney vacation, we better make sure that we will be happy close to "home". So the decision was made and we are now staying at WL for our upcoming September trip! While we loved CBR, we hope to call WL "our" resort. The other one that I think our family would love is the Polynesian. For now, we will just take it one vacation at a time! :mickey:

ParkMan
08-29-2008, 12:31 AM
For us, it's the Boardwalk. It had just the right mix. It's close to Epcot & DHS. It's a beautiful hotel. The Boardwalk area has all kinds of things going on. We even loved getting our breakfast from the bakery in the morning and just sitting outside.

We'll try others, but I expect we'll compare them all to the Boardwalk!

jonahbear2006
08-29-2008, 02:25 AM
We will always feel at home at Fort Wilderness. It is our place where we don't feel out of place, anywhere in the resort. All the rest of them are well loved by our family, esp. GF, Poly, Contemp., and WL but we won't be able to find a place that finds us better than the campground and good ole tent by our side!

wilshade
08-29-2008, 09:01 AM
I've tried a few of the resorts. Coronado Springs, Dolphin, and Pop Century. Still want to try POFQ and Wilderness Lodge.

But, so far, I have always felt most comfortable at Pop. I think it is just the vibe of that place that I like so much.

countrycharmer
08-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Our family has always found ourselves arriving at Coronado Springs and laughing when the four of us all sign and say.... "we're home"!!

vicster
08-29-2008, 09:50 AM
WL here! I'm glad to hear so many favorable comments about POFQ because we're trying that resort in a couple of weeks.

passholderryan
08-29-2008, 09:52 AM
For the time being (things will probably change,I'll get to that in a minute) my resort is the Swan and Dolphin. The reason's for my choices are the atmosphere (more adult-like), food (too many to choose from), excellent pools, "heavenly beds", and proximity to everything. I like that I can walk right to the Boarrdwalk and into Epcot. Want to go to HS, take a boat or walk in over. Fanatasia Gardens mini golf is 1 minute walk away. Plus my wife and I like it so much, we invited 100 people to enjoy our outdoor wedding there. It was spectacular and everyone enjoyed a Disney weekend.
Now back to my it may change. Nothing against the place, but as we have kids, I'm sure they are going to want to try all the other great resorts and begin their own special Disney memories.

gwfx1031
08-29-2008, 10:34 AM
OKW for us. We visited there over 13 years ago, fell in love with it, and were about to sign up for DVC and found out we were expecting. That obviously put things on hold. We have not stayed there since, but have stopped by for visits and to eat. Well, our daughter is now 12 and we just bought a resale at OKW and are looking forward to going "home" very soon.

iheartdisney
08-29-2008, 11:20 AM
While we visit others our personal favorite and the one we "compare all others to" is Beach & Yacht Club. The pool? Amazing. The food/restaurant choices? Fantastic. Proximity to EPCOT AND MGM? Priceless.

MushuGrl
08-29-2008, 12:24 PM
So far, it's Pop.

However, we do have an OKW stay coming up so that may change.

Marker
08-29-2008, 12:47 PM
NO WAY!!!

I like the variety of trying different resorts.

This trip will be our first official time of repeating a resort. We'll be staying at POP for the second time.

Unless you count staying once at Dixie Landings, and once at Port Orleans Riverside as repeating.

Although, with the exception of CSR we have stayed at every Value and every Moderate. So we'll either have to start repeating, or shell out the cash for Deluxe, and I just don't see me doing that.

KarenP
08-29-2008, 01:15 PM
My personal favorite is the Polynesian.

Figmentiscool
08-29-2008, 02:13 PM
A bed is a bed is a bed.....that's all I need at DW. All I care about is the parks. I can go to a fancy schmancy hotel anywhere in the country. All I need is a place to park my tired feet at night.

Roo Girl
08-29-2008, 02:29 PM
:mickey: I have to say SSR is "our" resort- it's where we first bought DVC and where we stay the most often. It's new & quiet and a nice break from a crazy, tiring day at the parks. Being a walk away from DTD doesn't hurt either!

A close 2nd is Poly because we spent our honeymoon there and will always hold a very special place in our hearts. Plus it houses Kona Cafe!!

Imagineer1981
08-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Poly is great, but for us its Beach Club. location/price/food/service, its just fantastic

Seasonscraps
08-30-2008, 03:30 AM
you know - that resort you compare all others to because you love it so much?

For us it is Boardwalk Villas - we love them. I bought DVC with this as our home resort sight unseen and fell in love the second I walked into the lobby. We went through quite a few resorts before finding "the one" but now all others pale in comparison.

~Amanda

The Boardwalk Villas are mine also! I know it's cliche, but I really do feel like I am "coming home" when I get there. :cloud9:

LudwigVonDrake
08-30-2008, 07:11 PM
If I could afford it on every trip it would be the Polynesian :tikki:

Kairi_7378
08-30-2008, 10:03 PM
I don't think we've found a family "home" yet. On our first "grown up" trip, we stayed at POR and DH was enchanted. When we went in October, we stayed at POFQ, and I loved it. (DH... not as much.) So, we may have to keep trying new places until we find "the" resort! (Even though we love the location of the PO resorts.) We both like visiting new places so I'm not sure that we will ever settle on a favorite though.

iluvdizney2
08-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Definitely think of AKL as our home..
however when I go with one or two people we go to the POP and I think the staff there is fantastic. When we go with all of us for a length of time, we need to stay at the FW cabins. We need the full fridge in the kitchen for medical supplies.
I would LOVE to try either beach club or boardwalk just because I have wanted to do that.
But I will admit, any place at WDW is home to me...I just love it there. :mickey:

KayDee
08-31-2008, 09:23 AM
For us it is POR. However we have only stayed at values and POR. The difference between a value and POR was amazing. After that we couldn't go back to a value anymore. We are scared to try a Deluxe! We couldn't afford that every trip!

Cheloconnell
08-31-2008, 09:41 AM
Anywhere but the All Stars. It is just too loud and busy for my taste. I love WL, AKL, Poly and CSR. We are trying POFQ in October and Contemporary in December, so maybe those will be added to the list as well :mickey:

cinderella crazy
08-31-2008, 03:04 PM
If i could stay at the Polynesian every time we went I would be in heaven!! I will miss it this next trip.:tikki:

goofygirl67
08-31-2008, 09:17 PM
I would love to make AKL my home if I could, but it seems I have been staying at CBR the last 2 years. Anywhere in WDW is good enough for me.

disneymom2000
08-31-2008, 10:33 PM
Beach Club is my all time fav. I have stayed at quite a few and I always wish I was at the Beach Club. I could stay there everytime but my goal is to try each one for research purposes. But once research is over - it will always be the Beach Club for me.:thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
08-31-2008, 11:13 PM
Signature line says it all. For us, we can't find anything better than the Polynesian.

ILoveLegos
08-31-2008, 11:20 PM
Most of the time I stay at my own house, if I stay at Disney it's gotta be Port Orleans Riverside, Alligator Bayou - for me.

Mousemates
09-01-2008, 10:18 AM
For me its a tie between AKL and WL....love the layout and and the super-relaxed feel of the lobbies.