PDA

View Full Version : Resort Check in at DCL desk

BluegrassDaisy
08-28-2008, 03:11 PM
We are spending 1 night at AKL before our 10/5 cruise and will be arriving at the resort in the early evening. Should I be worried about having time to check in at the DCL desk? We were at the Poly for 5 nights before our last cruise, so I had plenty of time, but I'm thinking that there is only some one at the desk 'til around noon. I'll have plenty of time on Sunday morning, but I hate leaving anything 'til the last minute! 36 more days :cloud9:

ElenitaB
08-29-2008, 12:48 AM
Is your trip a land/sea vacation, or did you book separately? Ahh... rereading your post and looking at your signature, I think you did book separately.

Both times we have cruised, we booked things separately (because we're DVC members), and were just instructed what time to have the luggage ready and what time to be at our gathering point. Once we were at Wilderness Lodge and this past February we were at the Boardwalk. Once gathered, there was a DCL rep who reviewed our paperwork and corraled us out to the bus at the appropriate time. The reps who sit at the DCL desks at the resorts are there to answer your questions, yes, but also to assist the land/sea vacationers.

When you check in, make sure that they are aware that you're cruising the next day and that you need to know time for luggage and time to meet in the lobby or at AK if you're planning on leaving from there.