PDA

View Full Version : Part 12 - Two weeks of......

dolphinmickey9170
08-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Hot, humid fun in the sun.........hopefully at some point.

Thursday - August 21st - We have full mousekeeping today, and before we even think about going anywhere, I tore the bed apart to be sure we don't lose anything in it. We found one nunny. We made sure that Figment, Pooh and Cinderella were not in the bed, we couldn't lose another stuffy.

We head out so mousekeeping can clean up and we get breakfast. I told you that I love those pancakes. We wander (http://community.webshots.com/album/565668748OdjKKz) around again then we head back to the room to get ready to go out because it actually isn't raining at the moment. I find this guy (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2790172020042804337JDmRSt) in our room and the mousekeeper in the hall gave this to Keara (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2267375480042804337rxFFtH). I brought this back to eat, but Keara has decided that she needs it (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2168249830042804337lKYJIg). YUMMY!!

TRIVIA question - What is this from? (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2432219060042804337Zwmlpp)

The weather people are saying the storm should move off again today, which, it still hasn't. The radar has it just sitting there. We head out to Epcot, going to the Land and getting FP for Soarin', ride Living with the Land, watch Circle of Life and then meet up with Jessica. We head for Figment and then we head for the World Showcase. Katy wants to Pick a Pearl. So, we do. She gets a 6 3/4mm pink/gold pearl. Then she buys a pendant cage and a chain, all separate purchases. The pearl was $15, the cage was $18, and the chain was $18. I'm sorry I don't have a picture of it.

We then went to America again to see the Voices of Liberty and Jessica and Katy got some chicken. I thought about a snack, but decided against it since we were heading for dinner soon.

We stopped in France, and the sun was shining for a few minutes and got a grey goose and a grande marnier (sp?) YUMMY!! I think I like the grey goose the best. We tucked into the UK because it was starting to rain again!! We hung out here for a bit and then walked toward future world. Then, the skies opened up. We got soaked. Keara was shivering. We tucked in to where the nostalgic Epcot stuff was, now there is just a wall display, at least that is all I saw, and then once it slowed, we walked to Mousegears to get a third towel for this trip. We decide we have had enough and headed for The Wave.

Once seated, we ordered food, received a multi grain bread with butter. The people at the table next to us kept giving us dirty looks when Keara was fussing. I ordered the chicken pot pie, Ben, Katy and Jessica ordered the beef. None of us were thrilled. Nothing to get excited about. It was okay, but that was about it. The desserts were very strange. You order by flavor. Again, nothing to rave about. The server brought us a toast of wine for our anniversary. It tasted so bad, I almost choked. He brought us manichevitz wine. I couldn't believe it. He told us he was bringing champagne. This was truly not champagne. Ben drank both of them quickly and then got quite a buzz. His face got all red and he got the giggles. All I can saw was :sick::ack:! After dinner, Ben and Katy were tossing a napkin back and forth and they broke one of the toasting glasses. Immediately, a member of management was at our table making sure no one was hurt. Embarrassed:blush: maybe, but not hurt.

We decided we needed to leave and headed on out. We said our goodbye's to Jessica as we weren't sure if we would see her tomorrow. She headed for the bus, we headed for a boat. We got almost to the dock and the capt came out and said the wind was too strong out on the lake and the boats weren't moving. So that meant we needed to take a bus. So.....instead of going back upstairs to the monorail, we walked to MK. We passed Jessica at the bus stop, gave more hugs, and off we went. It started to sprinkle just as we were approaching the bus stop. The line for the bus was way out from under cover, but we all made it on. A very nice gentleman gave Katy her seat as she was holding Keara. Ben and I stood in opposite places. This bus was PACKED!! But, at least we were on it.

We get back to the resort, head for hot coffee and then off to bed.

Next up.....Our last full day, and I'm kind of glad.:confused:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-28-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm glad they didn't dock my pay for that glass!!

We should have blamed it on the people behind us.

Lizzie
08-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Isn't the Wave a new restaurant? Every trip report I have read where people have eaten there no one likes it.

tinkerbell04
08-28-2008, 04:50 PM
I have heard a few people say that the Wave was just ok. It sure has been a wet trip for you guys, no wonder you stocked up on towels!

ChipnDaleGal
08-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Too bad the Wave wasn't too exciting for your crew. After all the rain and Keara being sick I can imagine that you might be ready to head home.

RedSoxFan
08-28-2008, 09:40 PM
You seem to be making the most of the wet weather.

mouseketeer mom
08-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Yep, we felt the exact same way about the Wave. Weird, right?
Keara really made out good in the am..that yummy pastry and that cute towel animal!!

DizNee143
08-29-2008, 12:08 PM
glad it wasnt raining for alittle part of the day..and i know what you mean..sometimes your just there to long and your ready to go home..as sad as it is its true..
sounds like you guys had another great day!:mickey:

kakn7294
08-30-2008, 01:51 AM
So I missed Ben being tipsy for real? Darn! He was so much fun when he wasn't tipsy - I can't imagine what he did when he was!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
08-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Oh, I forgot to answer the trivia questions!

That's Little Haiawatha! It was a Disney short a long time ago!

pdrlkr
09-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

iheartmickey
09-03-2008, 08:35 PM
They rain really is just taking the fun out of the trip ... but you all are still going strong!! Hope you had room for all those towels. :mickey:

Where is the Wave located?

princessgirls
09-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Oh man, you have just had days and days of this rain stuff. You do seem to be making the most of it.

Thanks for sharing?

The Wave...ummm doesn't sound like a great place.

Julie:mickey:

faline
09-15-2008, 07:53 PM
At least you got to get out and do a bunch of stuff - even if it is still raining!