PDA

View Full Version : A question about swimwear in the water parks?

goofymania
08-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Well My family and I will be taking a trip October and i was wonder if you would be able to wear a shirt on the waterpark attractions. For instance if i was riding a tube ride would i be able to wear my shirt? Or if a body slide could i wear it. Any information would be highly appreciated.
THANKS.

LuvsTigger80
08-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Hi!!!
When we went in April, my husband wore a t-shirt and went on a few slides and they didn't say anything to him. I'm not sure about the BIG slides, but i know on the "family" slides he was able to.:mickey:

DisneyHoneymooners
08-28-2008, 02:47 PM
When my DW and I were at BB last Sept. I rode most all the slides with a t-shirt. :mickey:
Ken & Kim

Imagineer1981
08-28-2008, 03:35 PM
you can wear a shirt on anything you want. no problem

Figaro
08-29-2008, 04:54 AM
I'm a lifeguard with Disney.. shirts, rashguards, bodysuit, w/e, it's all game. :thumbsup: I'd actually recommend rashguards. A lot of them are UV protected, they are skin tight (or, are meant to be. A lot of people wear them as loose fitting shirts) so they don't drag and hang all over, and they dry quickly. They cost only like 15-20$ at a Sports Authority or someplace similar. :thumbsup:

Mrs Bus Driver
08-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Rash guards? I have never heard of this.

2MuchWDFun
08-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Rashguards:
When body surfers come into the shore the sand can really scrape up their chests (and thighs for that matter). The lightweight, quick drying rash guard shirts that the lifeguard described are worn to protect from getting a rash; and also have the benefit of UV protection.

...they even sell them at Walmart and Target.

Mousemates
08-30-2008, 06:05 PM
rashguards....good info.:thumbsup:

adverdelex
08-09-2010, 07:02 AM
I have a bitter relationship with swimsuits. Yet because of my oft-stated love for water sports, beaches and nieces and nephews, every few years I find myself shopping for one. But something has to be said about the good sense in having more than one swimsuit to choose from.

brivers222
09-29-2010, 08:13 AM
with the thoughtful advice of this thread I ended up buying some KoreDry / StayDry shirts online from Discount Beach Gear.

I went to Dunhams yesterday and while they didn't have the rash guards I did notice that the price was about the same as buying online so I tried it out.

Got a short sleeve shirt for the waterparks and a long sleeve shirt for the jet ski next summer :thumbsup:

LVT
10-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Thank you for the follow-up.

brivers222
10-04-2010, 08:45 PM
I got them in the mail on Saturday so basically 2 day delivery for free from Cali to Michigan...

The sizes are still running small. for instance the XXL is about the same size as my XL shirts.

they are pretty cool though, you can run them underwater and they don't get a drip wet.... pretty awesome!