PDA

View Full Version : Part 8 - Two weeks of.....

dolphinmickey9170
08-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Hot, humid fun in the sun.....nope, it's raining again.

Sunday - August 17th - We decide to sleep in and do nothing this morning, because, of course, it's raining again. Kathy texts me that they are getting ready to leave. I just want to cry. I felt so bad. I could have sworn that I had another day with them.

We have breakfast at the resort again. I love those pancakes!! Then a miracle occurs, the sun is shining. It's gotta be my imagination. So we head off to MK via boat. I love this ride. The view is wonderful. We get there and wonder around for a while in and out of the shops up and down main street. We do Pirates again, HM, IASW, PP, TTA, CoP, and wander some more. We catch some of the 3oclock parade (http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2236111200042804337wKiIco). The characters are far enough away for Keara to do this (http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2035635230042804337vFmtnU). While this is going on, a CM approached me and asked if I had purchased any meals, snacks etc today. I stated we got some snacks, and he asked me to do a survey. It asked questions regarding the DDP, prices, quality, my email and said thank you.

Back to the parade, aren't they a cute couple? (http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2665459290042804337LmywIb) I made my wish to the FGM (http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2504476690042804337bIygVH), but it didn't come true. Fay had other plans for my wish (no more rain).

After the parade, we decided to ride the monorail around the resorts. We decide to hop off at Poly and see if O'Hana had any room for dinner tonight. We have 9 extra TS credits because we have missed 3 meals so far. I have DDP on speed dial in my phone, so I called. No such luck, they are booked. We could have hung around and asked for a walk up, but we were all getting hungry. So the CM on the phone went throught the list until something caught my attention. We decided to head for Capts Grill at the Yacht and Beach Club. We had just under an hour to get there. So we monorailed back to MK, then hopped a bus to Y&BC. We checked in and were seated rather quickley. We had a great meal, except for the fact that Keara was fussing again. This time she really felt hot and she was really cranky. We all ordered the steaks and Keara had mac and beef. She wouldn't touch a thing. No one could make her happy, no matter what we did. The server brought her a balloon, which appeased her for a short time. Dessert was ordered and then all of a sudden, a CM was ringing a bell. Loudly, he yells across the dining room that it was our anniversary, so everyone toasted us. We were celebrating our anniversary, but haven't had anything special happen until now. Pretty interesting. Keara was still fussing, so we packed it in and headed out. We stopped at the gift shop and got some tylenol and benadryl. She was obviously running a fever as she felt really hot, so we gave her the benadryl to help with the sneezing, runny nose and the tylenol to help with the fever. Then we walked to Epcot. It sprinkled a little, but not enough to don the ponchos. We entered Epcot and walked to the monorail station. By the time we got to the top, it was pouring again. We hopped on the monorail to MK and then took the boat back. Of course, the rain wouldn't let up, but at least we were on the bigger boat, Mermaid I, so we didn't have to fold the stroller.

We wandered around the resort for a few minutes, going into the Carolwood Pacific room.

We retire for another night of watching a movie, olympic coverage and praying the rain goes away. We see Fay is still coming our way. They say it should be gone by 2am Tuesday. Uhuh, sure.

Tonight, the MK is open until 3am. Katy and I thought about it, but since Keara is sick, we better not take that chance and just call it a night.

Next up..........RAIN RAIN RAIN, what? Again, say it ain't so.

tinkerbell04
08-28-2008, 02:05 PM
And still no bun bun....I am so sorry to hear that Keara is under the weather and Fay is still coming on strong with rain rain and more rain. We are trying the Captians Grille this December so I was happy to hear that you tried it and had a great meal.

SBETigg
08-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Oh no, more rain, Keara not feeling well, and missing Kathy and family, too? But a fun parade, and so nice they recognized your anniversary, too!

Lizzie
08-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Hopefully she starts feeling better. Glad you found someplace to eat.

ChipnDaleGal
08-28-2008, 08:42 PM
I am sorry that you didn't get to have a real goodbye with Kathy and her family, but at least you have a lot of great memories from your shared time. Poor little Keara... just too sad to be at WDW and feel sick. Thanks for reporting.:mickey:

Meerkat
08-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Sorry about the rain and illness. But happy anniversary anyway!

RedSoxFan
08-28-2008, 09:13 PM
So sorry to hear that Keara is sick. I hope she's feeling better soon.

mouseketeer mom
08-29-2008, 08:12 AM
Oh boy. Thats awful when the little ones start running a fever too. You just have to wave that white flag of surrender and let it run its course..Sorry about the sickness and all of the rain. We had planned on trying Captains Grill if we had stayed at the BC. We ended up at Kona's instead. I heard good things about that place! Glad you liked it, and had an annivesary celebration too!

DizNee143
08-29-2008, 10:36 AM
sounds like a pretty good day..glad you were able to go somewhere for dinner tonight!! i hope keara starts feeling better...and hopefully it wont be all rain for the rest of your trip! :mickey:

pdrlkr
09-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

iheartmickey
09-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Fay Fay go away!!! Sorry to hear about Keara not feeling well ... it's not fun when that happens on vacation. Hope she feels beeter soon!

Thanks for sharing another great trip report! :mickey:

faline
09-15-2008, 12:16 PM
For all that is not going well, you're certainly maintaining your upbeat attitude! Sorry Keara isn't well! No fun!