PDA

View Full Version : Will this work?

Tinkerkel
08-28-2008, 11:44 AM
We have an 8:50 ressie at Chef Mickey's. If SpectroMagic starts at 8:00 & we watch from somewhere near the train station, can we make it to Chef Mickey's in time? Should we walk or take the monorail? Thanks a bunch! :mickey:

SBETigg
08-28-2008, 12:01 PM
When you consider that you're actually requested to show up for ADRs fifteen minutes prior to scheduled seating time, you're pushing it slightly. You could probably make it through half of Spectro, and then make a start for the Contemporary. It depends on how fast you walk, but walking will probably be faster than catching the monorail.

Ideally, I would try to catch Spectromagic on another night instead. Another point to note is that because of the darkness required for Spectro, they ask you not to move around during the parade but to wait until the end when the park lights come back on, for your own safety and the safety of other guests. If you do plan to stay to catch some of it, I would stay very close to the park entrance, where your vision will be more limited anyway.

KAT1811
08-30-2008, 09:58 AM
I would say that you could make it. If Spectromagic starts at 8:00pm it is only a 20 minute parade so you could make it. I would suggest you watch it as close to the exit as possible and then as soon as the parade ends make your way to the exit, walk to the Contemporary and then check into Chef Mickey's. I remember WDW dining telling us to chech in to our ADRs 5-10 minutes prior to our scheduled seating time. There have been instances where we have been delayed and they were more than happy to accomodate us. Just walk as quickly as you can to the contemporary (which should take you about 10-15 minutes). 8:00 - 8:20pm Spectromagic, 8:20 - 8:35pm travel time. You should be fine.