PDA

View Full Version : Carousel of Progress and Wonders of Life?

disneykid99
08-28-2008, 07:38 AM
We will be at WDW in 15 days :cloud9: Sept 12-20. We almost always travel during the off season and mess some attractions that operate seasonally. We have done Carousel of Progress but I think it has been years and I don't think we have ever done anything in the Wonders of Life Pavilion. My question is - will either of them be open during our trip? We would love to see them.
Thanks!:mickey:

Daisy'sMom
08-28-2008, 07:46 AM
COP seems to be open each time we go. But it has been a long time since WOF has been open when we are there. I would be so happy if they used that space for soemthing else. That is such a waste of space!

PhilHarHarMagic
08-28-2008, 08:02 AM
You'll only be able to get into WOL when there are special events going on - and it's only a display area, nothing to ride on or see realted to the previous WOL.

EmISeeKayEeWhy
08-28-2008, 08:24 AM
COP is one of my family's favs. We're heading to WDW the week of Thanksgiving (yeah i know crowded but it my aniversary plus only time kids are out of school). I talked with park reps and they assured me it would be open when we go. I see no reason why it wouldn't be on your trip as well.

kakn7294
08-28-2008, 09:10 AM
CoP hasn't been open "seasonally" in several years. It's open all of the time now. We love it! WoL is closed except for special events - there are no attractions at this pavilion. The signage and the DNA sculpture are gone as well.

BMan62
08-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Sort of a follow up question to the OP's: Are they using the WOL pavilion for anything for the F&WF?

Mickey91
08-28-2008, 09:49 AM
COP has been open every time we have been the last few years. The only thing you may want to watch is the times of operation. I think this one usually closes around 5PM.

WOL has closed permanently. I think it was used during Food and Wine last year as another food area but all indications that it was ever anything other than a building are gone. I haven't heard if they will use it again this year for the festival.

Main Street Jim
08-28-2008, 10:04 AM
CoP is open from park open until park close. One of my favorites - a BIG piece of Disney history. If it wasn't for CoP, it's a small world, Lincoln, and the Ford Magic Skyway at the '64-'65 World's Fair in New York, there never would have been a Walt Disney World in Florida. ;)

by the way, I just got trained on CoP, so you may see me over there ;)

Mousemates
08-28-2008, 11:31 AM
I too am a fan of the CoP, love to ride it with my very musically talented family....the song gets stuck in their head...and all i have to do to draw forth moans of protest (and refresh it in their minds ) is say the tops words from my signature line.

joonyer
08-28-2008, 11:47 AM
I wish Disney would see fit to at least re-open Cranium Command, or move it somewhere else in the World. It was one of our favorites, if you never saw it you missed a classic.

Main Street Jim
08-28-2008, 12:05 PM
"Where do you think you are, Disney World?!?!"

:D:D:D:laughing:

That was my favorite line in that show;)

Imagineer1981
08-28-2008, 01:22 PM
WoL is closed.......BOOOO!!!!!!! It has been for sometime and its really disheartening

CaptSmee
08-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Yup, yup, yup...COP is open daily, WOL is in fact...c l o s e d...RIP...:(

AmandaChan
08-28-2008, 09:08 PM
COP seems to be open each time we go. But it has been a long time since WOF has been open when we are there. I would be so happy if they used that space for soemthing else. That is such a waste of space!

I'm sure others have replied to this, but during the flower and garden festival they had a TON of sections set up inside the building (a cafe thing, shop, show area, etc). I never went into that building before they shut it down and my husband and I geeked out when they had it open this year for the festival... it was just something new we haven't experienced/seen.

Stich8818
08-29-2008, 05:59 PM
I was thinking the other day about the wol. Disney is trying to promote good health (along w/everyone else) you would think that his pavillion would be open and booming. I mean you know update it to the current times with healty eating and living.

Stu29573
08-29-2008, 08:02 PM
I think WOL is a sponsor issue. They tried to get one and couldn't. so it closed. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard (and it seems to make sense)

Wickster1970
08-29-2008, 11:45 PM
I will really miss the Wonders of Life Pavilion. I LOVED Cranium Command. They couldn't have picked a more perfect pair than Charles Grodin and Jon Lovitz. :rotfl:

LudwigVonDrake
08-30-2008, 07:19 PM
The Carousel of Progress should be up and running when you're there. Enjoy it! It's one of my ALL-TIME favorites.

badkitty
08-30-2008, 10:09 PM
I will really miss the Wonders of Life Pavilion. I LOVED Cranium Command. They couldn't have picked a more perfect pair than Charles Grodin and Jon Lovitz. :rotfl:

I loved it too! I will miss Cranium Command! :crying:

maxrebo77
08-31-2008, 12:45 PM
Was always a Must Do for me. I wish they would incorporate it somewhere else. Innoventions? Imagination? It's own spot at MK. I don't know, but the whole show from concept, script and casting was, as joonyer said, classic.

MinnieMommie
09-01-2008, 11:45 AM
[QUOTE=Main Street Jim;1726819]CoP is open from park open until park close. One of my favorites - a BIG piece of Disney history. If it wasn't for CoP, it's a small world, Lincoln, and the Ford Magic Skyway at the '64-'65 World's Fair in New York, there never would have been a Walt Disney World in Florida. ;)

I was at that World's Fair when I was young and it was the best experience!! COP is one of my very favorite attractions and everytime I experience COP and the others you mentioned it brings me right back to that World's Fair. Thanks for placing CoP (and the NY World's Fair)in relation to Disney history. :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
09-01-2008, 11:58 AM
I loved it too! I will miss Cranium Command! :crying:

:ditto:

Dopeysgal
09-03-2008, 10:32 AM
I LOVE CoP and I'm so glad it's open year-round now!

wedway76
09-03-2008, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=Main Street Jim;1726819]CoP is open from park open until park close. One of my favorites - a BIG piece of Disney history. If it wasn't for CoP, it's a small world, Lincoln, and the Ford Magic Skyway at the '64-'65 World's Fair in New York, there never would have been a Walt Disney World in Florida. ;)

I was at that World's Fair when I was young and it was the best experience!! COP is one of my very favorite attractions and everytime I experience COP and the others you mentioned it brings me right back to that World's Fair. Thanks for placing CoP (and the NY World's Fair)in relation to Disney history. :mickey:

I think one of the reasons that I love WDW so much is bacause it reminds me of the NY World's Fair.

Main Street Jim
09-04-2008, 10:09 AM
I don't think a lot of people realize how much that World's Fair meant to Disney in terms of actually building WDW. Walt used the fair to "test" the east-coast crowds to gauge the attractions' attendance over on this side of the country, to see if it would be feasible to build a Disney park on this end.

From what I've read, over 90% of the fairgoers visited at least one of the Disney attractions.

mcjaco
09-04-2008, 10:49 AM

It is used. It's for seminar space during Food & Wine, and the Flower and Garden shows.

I have never understood the excitement over WoL. I always thought it was one of Imagineerings most uncreative pavillions.