PDA

View Full Version : Out of New Jersey and into the Frying Pan! Day Eight!

mouseketeer mom
08-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Cast
Me Lisa
DH Steven
DD Katie 14
DD Khloe 12
DS Kai 8

We wake up to more rain, and wind. And rain. And wind. And more rain and more wind.http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1919.jpg And...its really our last full day at WDW and the Poly. So sad. We head to breakfast in the lounge and Yvette who works there came up to us and said she remembers my kids since they were little, and how wonderful it is to see them again and how beautiful they are growing up! Awww!! Now the Poly feels like our home even more. We took our time this morning, making plans for our last day. I tend to get a little tense on our last day, wanting things to be wonderful. Katie gets the same way. I wish we didn't get that way. I know we'll be back..but I do it everytime. We returned to our room after breakfast and found one of these http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1841.jpg..who ever knew a towel could be that exciting?? Khloe heads out in the rain to sunset point.http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BE_004.jpg..she has been planning her wedding there for years..ummm..she's only 12, but a sunset point wedding is in her plans, she walks there all the time while we are at the Poly. We are quite crazy but decide to venture to AK in the rain. We hadn't planned on going to that park this trip..we usually skip either AK or DHS each trip..but Kai really had his heart set on Dinosaur. Its the only ride he requested special this trip. We put on our baggies and out we go. Its crazy really. The things we do for our kids!!! Surprisingly, AK was packed!!! We spent some time looking around, then off to Dinosaur for a neck jerking kind of ride. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BE_012.jpg We ventured to Flame Tree for lunch in the rain. We sat at a lower table with a great view of Everest. This is another keeper for us. We really liked our lunch at Flame Tree. We hit a showing of Festival of the Lion King and we headed back to the Poly. Still in our baggies. ugh. How I hate that feeling. The rain let up a bit, and my nutty kids went in the pool. Like they haven't been wet enough!! I used the opportunity to hit Boutiki one more time. That is some of my favorite shopping in all of WDW. I showered and tamed my hurricane hair the best I could and off to Epcot to Le Chefs for dinner. The rain had let up, but the humidity was at one million percent, I'm sure. There goes taming the hurricane hair. Geesh. Our dinner was good. Just good. This was our second time here, and I think we like the atmosphere better then the food. The rain came down as we were leaving, so we head to the BC for a bus to MK. We had to get in one more Pirate ride. Its how we say goodbye to the MK. Katie swears she and Jack Sparrow made eye contact. Silly girl. Back to the Poly in time for Electrical Water Parade and Wishes from our patio, accompanied by snacks from the lounge. That last full day is so very bittersweet. Gets me every time. Why do these wonderful trips have to end?? Off to bed for our last sleep at the Poly.

SBETigg
08-27-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm glad you didn't let the rain get you down. Another great day. So sad that it has to come to an end.

laward32
08-27-2008, 09:44 PM
I am glad it wasn't too bad. You were able to do something on your last full day. Thanks for sharing the pics. Your girls are so cute and your boy is just a doll. I love his hair. I have hair that way too. I am guessing he gets it from you. The way you talked about your hair with the humidity. :mickey:

mickey&missy
08-27-2008, 09:48 PM
You guys really made the best of the rain! My dd is 7 and is planning her WDW wedding too!

buzznwoodysmom
08-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Awww, I am sad for you. Your trip seems to have just flown by too quickly. At least you will be back in a few months. That has to help at least a little. I too have a hard time on our last full day. I really need to work on getting to take a long full 2 week vacation there one day. Only one more report to read.:(

RedSoxFan
08-27-2008, 10:26 PM
Another great day --- despite the wind and rain. :mickey:

Lizzie
08-27-2008, 10:48 PM
You all seemed to have a great time despite the weather.

Mackflava99
08-28-2008, 09:32 AM
I am amazed by the hurricane pictures, and even more amazed that the park is open and packed.
I have not been to Flame tree, i think we need to try now.

tinkerbell04
08-28-2008, 10:03 AM
I am glad that the rain didn't damper your plans for today! At least everyone else had hurricane hair too :) Thanks for sharing, I really have enjoyed reading your reports.

DizNee143
08-28-2008, 02:34 PM
sounds like a great last day! doing things you guys wanted to do..i so hate the last days myself! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Last time I rode Dinosaur, I got a crick in my neck that lasted all day!

dolphinmickey9170
08-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Another fun day! I love the pictures of the weather. They are awesome! Thanks for sharing.

ChipnDaleGal
08-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Oh those all too familiar last day blues. I feel your pain. I am glad you went out and had fun despite the rain. Another great report.:mickey:

pdrlkr
09-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

wilshade
09-01-2008, 12:26 PM
I think for you, the rain just adds to the adventure! Baggies or no baggies. :mickey:

faline
09-11-2008, 08:48 PM
That last full day is always hard! It certainly looks like the weather was not cooperating with you on this trip! Your family certainly didn't let some wind and rain dampen the fun!