PDA

View Full Version : saratoga springs

quack arf squeak
08-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi, three of us adults are going to Disney World without kids for the first time. Our friend has time-sharing for WDW property and the only moderate she can get for our week is the Saratoga {sp} Springs. Looking on the map it doesnt look too appealing. It seems far from everything, but not in a good way. I never see it talked about in here. :confused: Any imput would be helpful. TY

quack arf squeak
08-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Wow, wrong name all together. I meant Coronado Springs:secret:

Figment78
08-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Coronado Springs is actually a really nice resort and does have fans here on Intercot. It just doesn't seem to get the press that the other mods do. DH & I stayed there a few years ago and found it enjoyable. Yes, it is not the best location, but it didn't seem to be too much of a problem, especially since it was just adults. The grounds are pretty, the pool is fun, and "El Centro" (the main building with check-in, gift shop, and restaurants) is cool. It's the moderate level, "convention resort" - so it has a few amenities that other mods don't have, like a fitness center and many people really like the Maya Grill restaurant.

tjstrike
08-28-2008, 04:03 AM
I've never stayed there but I've heard others talk about the bussing to the parks was kinda bad. Takes a long time.

tink'72
08-28-2008, 07:13 AM
We've stayed at Coronado Springs before and LOVED it and would absolutely stay there again. It is far but not totally out of the way one quick bus ride and you are anywhere you want to be. I loved the store they had and because it's a convention center it does have some extra amenities that other mods don't have.

My only issue was - the foodl court.I was very confused by how it worked but others have didn't have any issues with it.
I think it's a good choice for a moderate.

ThanxForNoticin
08-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Coronado is absolutely our favorite moderate resort. All the moderates require bus transportation to the parks, and Coronado is really no worse or better than the other moderates - you'll be a bit closer to AK and a bit further away from the other parks, but nothing to be concerned about. The food court at Coronado is one of our favorites, and the pool is excellent. Hope you enjoy your trip.

quack arf squeak
08-28-2008, 07:12 PM
Thank you all for your imput, but I just found out that we are staying at the Saratoga springs after all. Now, if anyone has stayed there , could you tell me what you think of it.:mickey: