PDA

View Full Version : ER -- FINAL Season 15 Discussion

NotaGeek
08-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Season Premier Sep. 25.
WOW. I have been here since episode 1. I have loved this show, and the resilience they have shown in the wake of disasters, people leaving the show, very controversial topics, crazy deaths (HELLO ... that Helicopter that killed Dr. Romano?). I will be said to see the show go ... that's a big slot to fill on Thursday nights.

chrisb26
08-27-2008, 08:10 PM
I am also going to be sad to see ER go I've watched it now for several seasons. But this season should be good. I know Noah Wyle will be back this season although not sure how long. I also heard Shane West will be in a couple episodes this season. I'm also hoping we will see a few more surprise guest appearances.

I do wonder though how they could end the show. There isn't much this show hasn't done. Which makes me wonder how they would end the series.

EditReject
08-27-2008, 08:50 PM
I was a die-hard ER fan from the first season through the 2000-2001 season. I have watched it sporadically since then so I am not sure how much I will miss it when it is gone. It may be for me one of those instances where you do not really appreciate a show until it is off the air. I have always loved hospital dramas. My all time favorite show was St. Elsewhere. The cast and the writing were superb. Hopefully House will have a nice long run after ER is gone.

Goofy4TheWorld
08-27-2008, 10:48 PM
My wife and I used to love ER, but the constant fires, explosions, bubonic plagues, and other unnatural disasters finally drove us away. It had gotten too ridiculous for us to watch.

pixiesmimi
08-27-2008, 10:58 PM
ER is one of my favorite shows and I haven't missed a show in the past. Last year wasn't one of them. I think the stories just got worse and worse and all the good characters left. I guess it is time for it to end. If they brought back the original story lines and characters, I would watch it forever. I'm sad to see it go though, like I was St. Elsewhere.

2Epcot
08-28-2008, 12:13 AM
I've also watched the show since season one, and haven't missed an episode since. I'm looking forward to the final season to see how they wrap things up, but will be sad to see it go. I have sampled every medical show that has come out since ER started, and none of them come close. I've always called ER a "hyper-drama" since everything is so intense and dramatic, but I've always been a big fan since the first episode I watched.

ChipnDaleGal
08-28-2008, 05:13 AM
I haven't missed an episode either. I just love this show. It has always kept me interested in the characters and in the stories each week. I am actually very sad to think about it ending. It is impossible to think of Thursday night tv without ER on the agenda.

Carol
08-28-2008, 07:08 AM
Haven't missed an episode. I'm sad just thinking about this last season. :(

MNNHFLTX
08-28-2008, 10:49 AM
I love this show and always have. It is the only hospital drama that I don't question the accuracy of the details, because they pretty much get it all right. As far as how it ends, I have a feeling it won't be with a bang. It could be as simple as County General closing its ER because of liability or lack of funding. That's pretty realistic too.

RedSoxFan
08-28-2008, 12:21 PM
I have watched ER since day 1. I love this show and will miss it very much. Always so fast moving. I still miss Dr. Romano --- I just loved him.

ChipnDaleGal
08-28-2008, 12:50 PM
I just hope that Luka and Abby get a happy ending. :heart:

GrumpyFan
08-28-2008, 03:07 PM
DW and I have watched this show from day 1. It's hard to believe it's been 15 years! It will be sad to see it go.

MNNHFLTX
08-28-2008, 05:59 PM
I just hope that Luka and Abby get a happy ending. :heart:From what I have heard, I think they do.

pixiesmimi
08-28-2008, 09:31 PM
I just hope that Luka and Abby get a happy ending. :heart:

:ditto:

I love Luka! I'm glad he and Abby finally got together and hate to see them apart.

tinksmom02
08-28-2008, 10:18 PM
I, too, have watched ER from the beginning. Since Romano's death, I've been watching it mainly because I want to see it through. They haven't really had a great antagonist character since they got rid of him.

I admit, MUCH of the show is fantastical and hard to believe, but I've been with it since the beginning and I'll be there for the end.

brad192
08-29-2008, 01:18 PM
I've watched this show since the beginning, and will be sad to see it end. While some of the storylines were a bit "out there" at times, it's still the only TV show that has had me openly sobbing at the end of an episode - more than once. Remember "Loves Labor Lost"? Or the episode when Mark Greene died? :crying: :cry: The writing on that show is always top-notch.

chrisb26
09-26-2008, 06:23 PM
Did anybody watch last night?

I must say that it was pretty sad watching Pratt die. I even knew he was the one on the ambulance but it was still pretty sad to watch it happen.

It is annoying though that we just got the premier and now have to wait 2 weeks for the next new episode.

JPL
09-26-2008, 06:33 PM
I watched last night and will say I was a little disappointed with the telegraphing of Pratt's Death. I thought a good twist would have been to have Abby who haf less substantial injuries die. Not that I wanted to see her die but I just think it would have made for better television and a really big twist in the plot. As for the final show I can see it ending much like Cheers and the Soprano's a kind of life goes on ending left to the imagination. Our window will be closed to the world of ER but life will go on as usual.

pixiesmimi
09-26-2008, 07:02 PM
I will have to say, watching the show last night was hard for me. I had to turn it off (the tape) for a while before watching the rest of it. It was so emotional watching Pratt go through everything he did before dying and knowing what was happening to himself (a tear running down his face) that I just had to turn it off for a while. That has never happened to me before watching ER even though I can't stand the site of blood. :blush: I don't guess I saw the last show last season to know what was going on. Why was Abby there? Was she on the ambulance or the other car or what? I missed that and didn't understand it all. I thought I had seen all of the shows last season, but somewhere, I missed something. I can't believe they killed someone off so soon.

elmjimmlm
09-26-2008, 08:38 PM
. Why was Abby there? Was she on the ambulance or the other car or what? I missed that and didn't understand it all. I thought I had seen all of the shows last season, but somewhere, I missed something. I can't believe they killed someone off so soon.

She was with Luca and was walking back to the hospital when it blew up...
I also had a hard time watching Pratt...I didn't like how it was a week later after his death...I didn't think that there was enough about what happened to him...
I cant wait to see who comes back...I hope that when Anthony Edwards is back on that it doesn't have to do with when he died...That to me was the hardest one to watch ever...I saw it on a rerun and couldn't watch it...

RedSoxFan
09-26-2008, 10:20 PM
ER was very sad indeed. I had to stop the tivo to get a tissue as I was crying. I still cannot believe Pratt died. What a way to start the season.

KarenP
09-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Wow that was very sad!

pixiesmimi
09-27-2008, 11:16 AM
I also had a hard time watching Pratt...I didn't like how it was a week later after his death...I didn't think that there was enough about what happened to him...
I cant wait to see who comes back...I hope that when Anthony Edwards is back on that it doesn't have to do with when he died...That to me was the hardest one to watch ever...I saw it on a rerun and couldn't watch it...

Okay, I remember that about Abby now but don't remember why the ambulance blew up. Was that explained? Also the thing about someone else's bone in Pratt's leg and the metal rod in the driver. ??? Who was in the back? That is just bizaare!

elmjimmlm
09-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Okay, I remember that about Abby now but don't remember why the ambulance blew up. Was that explained? Also the thing about someone else's bone in Pratt's leg and the metal rod in the driver. ??? Who was in the back? That is just bizaare!

In the back was Steve Busemi (spelling) who had come home for his moms funeral and was in the Witness Protection thing and they had tried to kill him in the hospital and were moving him to a safer place...

pixiesmimi
09-28-2008, 02:18 PM
In the back was Steve Busemi (spelling) who had come home for his moms funeral and was in the Witness Protection thing and they had tried to kill him in the hospital and were moving him to a safer place...

Ahhh! Okay. It is all coming back now. I can't believe that it has been long enough for me to forget the story line from last season. Thanks for reminding me. I should have watched the reruns this summer so I would know what was going on. I skipped them all. Thanks! :thumbsup:

tinksmom02
09-29-2008, 10:04 PM

I get teary a LOT watching ER...I don't know what it is, even random patients will cause me to start crying, I guess it's the realism of (some of) the show. Anyway, I was a complete MESS watching Pratt die. I know it's not real, but what a horrible portrayal.

I can't wait to see Anthony Edwards again, and Noah Wyle! What I did like about this show was that they still mention characters after they've left (Greene, Carter, Carol, Doug, etc). Unlike other shows, where no one ever mentions the person again.

chrisb26
10-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Did anybody watch Thursday? I thought it was alright I thought it would be more of a crisis with the attack they were talking about. But it wasn't anything major at least not in ER standards lol

Also did you guys see the previews for next week? Abby is leaving :(

I knew she wasn't going to stay around all season but only till Episode 3??? :confused: Come on first we lose Pratt the first episode now Abby in episode 3 its kind of crazy. If they want her to leave at least give her more then 1 episode the entire season. Especially the last one season. Hopefully we don't lose any other characters until the end of the season. Although I don't really have any favorite characters left. Hopefully when Carter comes back it will be for more then just 1 or 2 episodes that would be great!

2Epcot
10-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Did anybody watch Thursday? I thought it was alright I thought it would be more of a crisis with the attack they were talking about. But it wasn't anything major at least not in ER standards lol

I just watched last weeks episode yesterday. I thought it was a good episode, but nothing spectacular. I will say I'm getting a little tired of the new angry ER director who always comes in, though I thought Angela Bassett was great, I think this has been played out over the years.

MNNHFLTX
10-13-2008, 12:36 PM
Yes, the tone of the most recent episode was a bit strange to me. It just seems so odd that they start out the 2nd episode of the last season by bringing a bunch of new people. It completely mixed up the chemistry of all the "regulars". Unless their intent was to end the series the way it started--with a group of new interns coming in and carrying on County's purpose at the end of the season (the producers swore there would be no spin-off and I hope they hold to that).

2Epcot
10-21-2008, 12:17 AM
As usual I just got around to watching last week's ER a few days after the fact. The NBC promo department built up this final episode of Abby Lockhart so much over the week prior, so I was getting a little tired of the ads. I have to say the episode actually lived up the promos. I thought it was well written, and Maura Tierney was great. I loved the part when they showed all the name tags of former employees at County. Cast members are leaving early in the season, but it gives them each a chance to have their very own goodbye episode.

DisneyLandMomma
10-21-2008, 03:16 AM
I just watched last weeks episode last night too. It was good seeing Luca...and I loved when Abby danced with Frank.

ChipnDaleGal
10-21-2008, 07:05 AM
I think I just need to make sure I have a kleenex box with me when I sit down to watch any ER episodes this year. I cried so hard when Pratt died, and he was never a character I felt connected to. This week's was even more emotional. I always have loved Abby, through all her problems, and ups and downs. I think Maura is such a talent. She always makes me feel something. I guess I didn't realize how much I think of Abby as being at the core of ER. Losing her, even though she is getting a happy ending with Luka, is going to make a huge hole in the show. I am so sad that she and Neela couldn't at least hug goodbye. So emotional as they said goodbye with their eyes in that surgery. I think I cried the whole last half of the show. Very cathartic! I am so glad it ended with a shot of Goran. He looked so beautiful and he and Abby looked happy together.

chrisb26
11-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Is anybody still watching this season? I think it is alright I still miss Abby Luca and Pratt I'm sad they are gone from the show so early in the season.

But I am very happy that this Thursday Mark Greene is back! I hope it's a good episode from what I hear it is a flashback so it should make sense.

NotaGeek
11-10-2008, 12:56 AM
I have really enjoyed this season. It's sad knowing that the end is coming, but I am intrigued to see how the whole season plays out.

pixiesmimi
11-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Dr. Green was on the Today Show this morning talking about this week's episode. He said his pay for this show was a contribution to his charity. He donated it all. Wow!

NotaGeek
11-14-2008, 05:05 AM
AMAZING. One of the best episodes ever ... seeing Dr. Green and Carrie and Jerry again was really great, and they way they tied in Angela Bassets character was fabulous. I even got a little misty eyed during the Michael Chrichton moment by Eric LaSalle. :clappy:

elmjimmlm
11-14-2008, 07:49 AM
The flash back had to be one of the best that I have seen in a while...Wouldnt it be great if they would all be back for one show?

yjgirl32
11-14-2008, 08:15 AM
I too LOVE ER. This is the 2nd show on a Thursday night to leave (Friends being the first). I very sad to see Pratt go- I was just starting to like his and understand his character. Boy has archy come a long way! I have watched this show since the begining and will be there till the end.

Carol
11-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Rumor has it George will return for the last episode.

This entire season has made me cry. :(

chrisb26
11-14-2008, 04:14 PM
I really enjoyed last nights episode I thought they did it in a very good way. My only wish is they would have had more of the episode feature Dr. Green but I think they did it in a good way. I was also happy to see Weaver and Romano again! I missed Jerry I'll have to go back and watch.

I have also heard the rumors about George Clooney coming back for an episode which should be easy for him since his offices are on the same lot as they film ER. I have also heard some rumors that Eric LaSalle will be in an episode as well. That would be cool to see him as well!

RedSoxFan
11-14-2008, 07:28 PM
Last night's episode was great. Loved seeing everyone, especially Romano. I loved him on the show. Great season so far.

pixiesmimi
11-14-2008, 09:03 PM
The networks have had Dr. Green on a lot the last couple of weeks talking about his return to the show. I wonder why they didn't have Carrie and Dr. Romano on also. I was surprised to see both of them last night. I'm glad to finally see what Angela's character's problem really is and how they tied her in to all of this. I'm looking forward to seeing who else they bring back since they have started bringing back "dead" people.

Faver
11-14-2008, 10:03 PM
I thought the episode was awesome.....it was great to see all those actors again. Now, if only they could get George!!!!

DisneyLandMomma
02-23-2009, 03:00 PM
I searched for a thread about this last season but I didn't see one.

Is anyone watching this last season??

I watched for years and strayed for awhile but I'm back to watching this last season and I love seeing everyone come back. It was good to see Dr. Carter this week and I cried at the end. :( I heard Dr. Ross and Carol were even coming back for a visit...YAY!!

NotaGeek
02-23-2009, 04:29 PM
I merged your post onto the existing one ...

This season has been awesome! It was nice to see Dr. Carter ... I KNOW there's something to his story ... I can't wait to see what happens.

pixiesmimi
02-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Was that chemo he was taking last week? Bummer!

NotaGeek
02-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Chemo? Did I miss something?

He can't have cancer and die, that would be FAR too repetitive for another Doc to die that way. I bet something is going on with his wife.

MNNHFLTX
02-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Chemo? Did I miss something?

He can't have cancer and die, that would be FAR too repetitive for another Doc to die that way. I bet something is going on with his wife.
He wasn't getting chemo in the last scene, he was on a dialysis machine. Years ago when he was stabbed it damaged one of his kidneys, so I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the current storyline. Anyway, I can't imagine they are going to kill him off, but I bet he is back in Chicago waiting for a transplant. And I also think that he and his wife must have separated. Why else would she be off in Paris, when he's facing health issues?

I loved seeing him back on the show, but thought he came across a tad arrogant. He seemed a little put out when people didn't know who he was and made certain remarks, like the one to Neela about "I taught you well, grasshopper". Maybe I'm just reading into it, but that's the way it seemed to me.

NotaGeek
02-23-2009, 06:18 PM
OH ... my stupid TiVo cut off the last few minutes.

He kind of always had that arrogance. His character is richer than bajeezus afterall.

I am looking forward to seeing how this whole season ends!

DisneyLandMomma
02-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Thank you merging this...I guess I didn't look back far enough and nothing came up with a search. :)

I thought it was chemo so thanks for clarifying about the dialysis.

Speaking of Dr. Carter getting stabbed that episode still gets me everytime I see it.

MNNHFLTX
02-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Speaking of Dr. Carter getting stabbed that episode still gets me everytime I see it.Me too. It's hard to watch when he is lying on the floor and looks over to the side and sees Lucy injured, looking at him imploringly.

ChipnDaleGal
02-24-2009, 05:48 AM
I just loved seeing Carter back, but he has such a sad air about him. I think something is painfully wrong with his relationship, or maybe she is dead or something. That last scene of him in dialysis was very moving. I am so sorry that you missed it Michael. No dialog, just the sound of the machines in a darkened room and Noah's sad, sad eyes.

I also have to mention Archie. Oh how I hated his character the first few years he was on. But I just adore him now. I was hoping he would get a happy ending with the cute little cop.

yjgirl32
02-24-2009, 08:18 AM
I am a huge fan of this show. Thursday nights use to be my favorite night of tv- but all great things must come to an end. This has been one huge tissue box for me. They are all such great episodes. This past week was a big info week about whats to come.

pixiesmimi
02-24-2009, 08:45 AM
The last scene was the best part of the show last week because it really put a cliff hanger in there. I wondered at first if he was getting dialysis or if it was chemo. I had forgotten his story line and about him being stabbed and then thought that it must be chemo. The first thing I thought when he said his wife was with her parents in Paris was that they were separated. I think he said the same thing about her the last time he was on the show. I don't think she ever got over the death of the child and just went into a shell. I was wondering why he kept saying he didn't know how long he would be there. Maybe that was why he was checking out all the doctors that were working there, because he knew he might need them soon. That sounds right about he might play into the current situation there.

Yeah I hated Morris to begin with too. Still don't like him much but at least he has turned into a good doctor. I had my doubts at first about that ever happening. Can't wait to see if Dr. Ross comes back. :D

MNNHFLTX
02-24-2009, 09:31 AM
I also have to mention Archie. Oh how I hated his character the first few years he was on. But I just adore him now. I was hoping he would get a happy ending with the cute little cop.Archie has really grown on me too, Donna. He kind of loosened up through the years and developed into a good doctor, mentor and friend to those around him (lol--I talk about him like he's a real person!)

DisneyLandMomma
02-24-2009, 02:51 PM
I love Archie too!! And I really hope he gets with the cop(claudia??).

RedSoxFan
02-26-2009, 09:16 PM
This season of ER is one of the best. I'm glad to see Dr. Carter back. I, too, thought he was on chemo but my sister told me it was dialysis (she's an RN). I like Archie --- think he's funny. Do you guys think Sam and Dr. Gates will get back together? It is starting to look that way.

NotaGeek
02-27-2009, 01:53 AM
Here's a question for you long time fans ... was Dr. Carter the one that got addicted to prescription pain meds? I have this faint memory of this story line from years ago but can't remember if it was him ...

ChipnDaleGal
02-27-2009, 05:45 AM
Here's a question for you long time fans ... was Dr. Carter the one that got addicted to prescription pain meds? I have this faint memory of this story line from years ago but can't remember if it was him ...

Yes, that was Carter, Michael. He had quite a problem and almost lost his job. I think it was after he got stabbed in the back by that crazy.

yjgirl32
02-27-2009, 08:49 AM
Yes it was after the stabbing that he got hooked and it was Eric LaSalles character(forgot his name right now) that helped him get into the program.

MNNHFLTX
02-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Yes it was after the stabbing that he got hooked and it was Eric LaSalles character(forgot his name right now) that helped him get into the program.Ah yes, Dr. Peter Benton. I was so excited to see him in the trailer for next week (at least I think it will be next week)! And also Dr. Susan Lewis (sp?) and Carol Hathaway. How fun it's going to be to see them back on the cast, if only for one show! Whatever the case, the titles they gave the recent shows are making me sad--last week's was "The Beginning of the End" and this week's was "T-Minus-6", meaning that there are only five more new shows left. :(

ChipnDaleGal
02-27-2009, 12:35 PM
It makes me sad too, Beth. It has been part of my TV schedule for so long that I can not imagine it being gone for good. I am glad that it is going out with such strong shows though. It is good that it didn't just sadly decline.

pixiesmimi
02-27-2009, 12:47 PM
The thing that puzzles me was last week in the commercials for last night's show, they showed Dr. Carter collapsing on the floor and what looked like Neila getting shot or something. :confused: I thought that was going to be part of the show but wasn't.

RedSoxFan
02-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Another great episode last night. Can't believe there are only 5 shows left.

Hammer
02-28-2009, 12:21 AM
As someone who drifted away from watching ER after Marc Green died...it is being reported in many places the George Clooney will be back for the March 12 episode of ER :yay: ! Also in the episode will be Susan Sarandon for the first time on ER. Set your TiVo/DVR...

Beast_fanatic
02-28-2009, 06:16 PM
The thing that puzzles me was last week in the commercials for last night's show, they showed Dr. Carter collapsing on the floor and what looked like Neila getting shot or something. :confused: I thought that was going to be part of the show but wasn't.

I think the previews are for all the remaining episodes, not just the one that is the following week.

MNNHFLTX
03-01-2009, 02:39 PM
As someone who drifted away from watching ER after Marc Green died...it is being reported in many places the George Clooney will be back for the March 12 episode of ER :yay: ! Also in the episode will be Susan Sarandon for the first time on ER. Set your TiVo/DVR...I read that too, Christine. Although I am not a huge George Clooney fan, I am glad that he decided to come back for an appearance.

pixiesmimi
03-01-2009, 03:21 PM
I think the previews are for all the remaining episodes, not just the one that is the following week.

Looks like we are in for some exciting shows. I'm sad that it is ending though. I thought last season was kind of boring so I'm glad they ratcheted it up this season since it is the last one.

DisneyLandMomma
03-01-2009, 05:21 PM

They showed a few of the same clips as last week so I'm thinking it's for the rest of the season too.

The person that gets shot isn't Neela but Claudia(is that her name??), the cop, Archie's girlfriend.

:( It's soo sad, it's almost over!! :(

tinksmom02
03-12-2009, 10:18 PM
I don't want to give anything away for those who aren't watching yet, but duh, the title is "Old Times."

This is why I've watched this show for 15 years. It's "jumped the shark" a number of times, I hope this episode is as good as I've been hoping it is!

JPL
03-13-2009, 10:26 AM
This was probably the best episode of the Final season:thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
03-13-2009, 03:31 PM
This was probably the best episode of the Final season:thumbsup:For me, I actually found last night's episode vaguely dissatisfying. The best part was seeing Peter Benton and Carter meet up again, and how Carter's old mentor looked out for him during surgery. The worst part was having Carol Hathaway and Doug Ross so disconnected from it all in Seattle (yes, I understand that it was bittersweet that they unknowingly helped procur a kidney for Carter, but I guess I was hoping that there would be more of a reunion). It's all very much an "everyone's moved on" feeling to it, which is maybe what the writers were going for, but still so sad.

RedSoxFan
03-13-2009, 08:22 PM
I enjoyed last night's episode. But I was hoping that Dr. Ross would find out that the kidney was for Dr. Carter. But it was still good.

NotaGeek
03-14-2009, 02:48 AM
For me, I actually found last night's episode vaguely dissatisfying. The best part was seeing Peter Benton and Carter meet up again, and how Carter's old mentor looked out for him during surgery. The worst part was having Carol Hathaway and Doug Ross so disconnected from it all in Seattle (yes, I understand that it was bittersweet that they unknowingly helped procur a kidney for Carter, but I guess I was hoping that there would be more of a reunion). It's all very much an "everyone's moved on" feeling to it, which is maybe what the writers were going for, but still so sad.
I agree ... I found it was very strange that Dr. Ross and Carol were written into the script coming back for one last show, and they never had to actually see anyone or visit the County Hospital. I was felt like a bit cheated as a long time fan. On a positive I thought Carter and Benton's reunion was awesome!

RedSoxFan
04-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Well, tonight is the last night for ER. The commercials make me teary-eyed. I will tivo the 3 hour show and watch tomorrow. I'm going to miss this show a lot.

NotaGeek
04-02-2009, 04:29 PM
I am actually watching the show live tonight ... I can't even imagine Thursdays without ER. MAN! Talk about the end of an era ... I have watched this show since the very 1st episode!

DisneyLandMomma
04-02-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm so sad!! :( I love ER and I'm gonna miss it!!

MNNHFLTX
04-03-2009, 12:28 AM
It sounds corny, but I really am grieving the end of the this series. Loved that they brought back Rachel Greene to the storyline--it fit. And really loved that they used the original soundtrack to begin and end the show.

Thursday nights won't be the same. :(

NotaGeek
04-03-2009, 02:17 AM
It sounds corny, but I really am grieving the end of the this series. Loved that they brought back Rachel Greene to the storyline--it fit. And really loved that they used the original soundtrack to begin and end the show.

Thursday nights won't be the same. :(
I feel the same way Beth ... I feel like I lost a friend. I totally got teary eyed when Frank got misty when Rachel introduced herself ... SUCH a great episode and phenomenal ending to a great series. :clappy:

Carol
04-03-2009, 07:03 AM
:cry:

yjgirl32
04-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Great final show. Loved having Rachel Greene come back- very nice touch. I am very very sad that this was it. They left a lot unanswered. I cried through the whole show.

JPL
04-03-2009, 08:40 AM
I really enjoyed the final season but it still left alot of loose ends in my opinion. I always think the life go ons you just can't see it any more ending is a cop out.

tinksmom02
04-03-2009, 08:40 AM
I feel the same way Beth ... I feel like I lost a friend. I totally got teary eyed when Frank got misty when Rachel introduced herself ... SUCH a great episode and phenomenal ending to a great series. :clappy:

For some reason, that scene with Frank and Rachel really got to me, too.

I really thought this episode went back to the way the show used to be. Which was nice, but sad.

tinksmom02
04-03-2009, 08:42 AM
I really enjoyed the final season but it still left alot of loose ends in my opinion. I always think the life go ons you just can't see it any more ending is a cop out.

I agree with you regarding loose ends. It seems that everyone (well, the main players) have most of their lives in order, or we're led to believe they will...except for Carter. He really got a tough break, I think.

offwego
04-03-2009, 09:37 AM
I misssed the scene between Carter and Kim can anyone fill me in? (my dog had to go out and my DH had fallen asleep)

Overall I was pretty happy with it with so many different players over the years it's really hard to make everything fit in but I thought they did a good job.

SBETigg
04-03-2009, 10:21 AM
I agree with you regarding loose ends. It seems that everyone (well, the main players) have most of their lives in order, or we're led to believe they will...except for Carter. He really got a tough break, I think.

I agree with you, too. I don't like loose ends. Life goes on, sure, but we're invested in these characters and their separate and meshed story lines. I felt the show opened well but dragged in the middle and then gave us a very weak ending. I'm a fan of the show, but expected something bigger and better than what they gave us for a finale.

NotaGeek
04-03-2009, 12:18 PM
I think considering how this show played out over the years, the premise that "life goes on" was very fitting. The major characters had some resolutions, and we got a glimpse of the past and future. I think that everyone at the end looking into the ambulance bay ready to keep on working was exactly what E.R. has been about ... it's not just 1 person that makes the show, and is why they have been able to have characters come in and out over the years without losing that quality that made the show so great -- it's not just the interpersonal drama, but the interactions with the patients that counted.

RedSoxFan
04-03-2009, 01:54 PM
I thought it was a great ending to ER. Loved Rachel coming back too and the others coming back. I am truly going to miss this show. I have watch faithfully for 15 years.

PirateLover
04-03-2009, 05:16 PM
I stopped watching faithfully a few years back but still tune in every now and then. Made it a point to watch the retrospective and the final episode live. I thought it was kind of fitting. A typical ER episode, with old faces and new ones.. Ernest Borgnine had me bawling pretty much every time he was on screen. Whether he was pulling out his power of attorney papers our talking about how he's not ready for her to go, or when they met in 3rd grade... It just really got to me. Maybe it's because my grandparents were married for 60 years and I saw my grandfather in him, I don't know.

I personally sort of liked the ending. I think ER is one of those shows that's been around for so long, that sometimes things are better left to the imagination. What if closure was given and the fans didn't end up liking it? Is it a cop out, sure, but you can project your own ending.

MNNHFLTX
04-03-2009, 10:37 PM
I think considering how this show played out over the years, the premise that "life goes on" was very fitting. The major characters had some resolutions, and we got a glimpse of the past and future. I think that everyone at the end looking into the ambulance bay ready to keep on working was exactly what E.R. has been about ... it's not just 1 person that makes the show, and is why they have been able to have characters come in and out over the years without losing that quality that made the show so great -- it's not just the interpersonal drama, but the interactions with the patients that counted.That's kind of the way I saw it too, Michael. An article in the Houston Chronicle said it best--throughout the years, the real "star" of ER was the ER itself. It was the stage for all the drama and the people that passed through. And so the idea that it would continue on was fitting.

DisneyLandMomma
04-04-2009, 12:24 AM
I just watched it and I was like this ~> :cry: the whole time. It was sooo good. Just like any old episode and life goes on at the end. GREAT episode. I loved seeing Carrie, Susan, Benton and Elizabeth with Carter at the bar.

I'm saving it on my DVR so when I need an ER fix I could watch it again.

JanetMegan
04-06-2009, 09:45 AM
I was a loyal watcher for about 10 years and haven't watched one since until this ending one...I enjoyed it but also cried through most of the second half. I thought they did a good job with all of it and I actually enjoyed the ending-life just keeps going on...

NJDad
04-07-2009, 06:21 AM
I stopped watching a few years back (when Leguizamo joined-had been losing the love for a show for a while and he really grates on me) but watched some of the last few.

Was glad they ended the way they did. I was afraid they'd blow up the hospital with a nuclear device or some other over the top disaster that helped make me give up on the show in the first place.