PDA

View Full Version : Room Reservation Only Questions vs. MYW

GoldenDreams
08-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Hi Everyone,

I booked a room-only reservation and now I am wondering about options. Does anyone know the answers to these questions:

1) Is there any way to associate my park tickets with my key card? I just find the plastic so much easier. Can you buy them elsewhere and then link them up when you get there? Does it matter if you have the no-expiration option?

2) Are airport transfers an option, or is that only with Magic Your Way?

3) Is it possible to add the Dining Plan or is that only with Magic Your Way?

4) As you ou can see, I am reconsidering Magic Your Way... is that something I can add without messing up my reservation?

Thanks, everyone!!

TammiMcMan
08-27-2008, 07:36 PM
1) Is there any way to associate my park tickets with my key card? I just find the plastic so much easier. Can you buy them elsewhere and then link them up when you get there? Does it matter if you have the no-expiration option?Yes they can, however I'm not sure about the non-expiration option.

2) Are airport transfers an option, or is that only with Magic Your Way?Magical Express is a free airport transfer option available to anyone with a room only or package at a Disney resort.

3) Is it possible to add the Dining Plan or is that only with Magic Your Way?You need to have at least a one day Magic Your Way park ticket.

4) As you ou can see, I am reconsidering Magic Your Way... is that something I can add without messing up my reservation?Disney is always happy to take more of your money and I'm pretty sure that you have up until 3 or 4 days prior to your arrival to add on MYW with the dining package.

This information might help you, http://www.intercot.com/resorts/packages/mywpackages.asp .

CleveRocks
08-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

I booked a room-only reservation and now I am wondering about options. Does anyone know the answers to these questions:

1) Is there any way to associate my park tickets with my key card? I just find the plastic so much easier. Can you buy them elsewhere and then link them up when you get there? Does it matter if you have the no-expiration option?

2) Are airport transfers an option, or is that only with Magic Your Way?

3) Is it possible to add the Dining Plan or is that only with Magic Your Way?

4) As you ou can see, I am reconsidering Magic Your Way... is that something I can add without messing up my reservation?

Thanks, everyone!!Just adding to Tammi's good answers ...

1) As long as you buy new, genuine Disney tickets, they can be added onto your Key To The World card, no matter what options/extras are on the tickets.

2) Anyone named on the room reservation at a WDW owned-and-operated is entitled to use Disney's Magical Express. It doesn't matter what type of reservation, or how you made it, or whether you buy park tickets, or anything like that. DME is free, but it's not automatic ... you must make DME reservations.

3) The Disney Dining Plan can't be purchased as an a la carte item ... it is available ONLY as part of a Magic Your Way package. This means that, in order to buy the DDP, you need to also buy AT MINIMUM a 1-day park pass as a package.

4) You have a room-only reservation. You can buy tickets through Disney but still keep a room-only reservation. You just have to word it that way. Otherwise, if you ask for a room and tickets together it will be booked as a package. Except for a few small trinkets, the big difference between a room-only reservation and a package reservation is the payment terms.

GoldenDreams
08-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Thank you both for these very informative answers!