PDA

View Full Version : Out of New Jersey and into the Frying Pan Day 7!

mouseketeer mom
08-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Cast
Me Lisa
Steve DH
Katie DD 14
Khloe DD 12
Kai DS 8

Good Morning Polynesian in my favorite room in the whole world, and Good Morning Tropical Storm Fay...It was crazy outside. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1927.jpg..the palm trees were a blowing like I've never seen before. Debris was all over the beach and the grounds of the Poly. Teams of workers were working on beautifying and cleaning things up. I forgot to mention that last night for turndown service they provided us with a flashlight and stacked our patio chairs in our room! It was exciting. I've never been part of a hurricane before, and it everyone was abuzz about it..kind of like when us northerners are expecting a snowstorm. I can't believe the castle is directly across from our room again. I could've saved myself a whole lot of drama if I knew we weren't leaving! We all got up and ventured to the lounge for breakfast. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BE_008.jpg We relaxed and took our time this morning looking out of the big windows of the lounge talking about the storm over coffees and hot chocolates! http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BE_009.jpg Today was Khloe and Steves dive at Epcot, and Kai and Katie and I were heading to the Behind the Seeds tour! This is pretty much what we looked like for the remainder of the trip.http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BE_019-1.jpg The poncho, or plastic bag as Katie liked to call it, became our uniform. Icky. I never get used to the feel of that. I feel disgusting. I have to wave the white flag of surrender and just give up on trying to look decent. The plastic bag wins. We walked in our steamy plastic bags to the TTC and off to Epcot. I ran to fast pass Soarin' while my family got in line at Test Track. We didn't want to miss it this time. I met up with them in line, and loved every minute of TT. I love the outside part. The closed the ride down right after we were on it because of the weather. Whoo Hoo! We made it on! My family split up after that. Khloe and Steve went to the Aqua Seas tour. Kai and Katie and I did the Behind the Seeds tour. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BE_036.jpg. Very interesting. I had so many questions and I didn't even know I was that interested in gardening. Katie was wondering what got into me. The kids were a big part of the tour. The kids released ladybugshttp://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BE_034.jpg..they fed the trout, we explored lots of the backstage areas of the Land. Afterwards we rode the ride. Katie LOVES this ride which amazes me because she is not an outdoorsy, planting type. Funny. Then we went to catch Khloe and Steve in the tank. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BE_026.jpg Gets me every time. I'm so proud of them both, but Khloe, she's only 12, and this is her third time on this tour, swimming with all of this intimidating sea life! We all waved, blew kisses, and then Kai, Katie and I went to explore Epcot on our own a bit. We rode Figment, and made funny pictures of ourselves as animals after the ride and emailed them to family. Then we felt an unfamiliar feeling...HUNGER! We were no longer on the dining plan and we felt hungrey for the first time in a week. We had an early dinner planned, so we decided ice-cream at Fountainview would be great. We stopped at Club Cool at Kai's request on the way. Then we ordered two ice-cream sundaes to split. Steven and Khloe called and were done. They met us there and the five of us split the two sundaes. Thats more like it. That dining plan was intense. We did some shopping afterwords at Mouse Gear and at the Pin stand. I got a 2008 summer water mouse pin and 2 pins that I needed to complete my list of resorts we have stayed at. Then off to San Angel for an early dinner. They were turning people away that didn't have ADR's. We got a terrific table by the edge of the restaurant, right by the water where the ride passes. We really, really enjoyed it here. All of the food was just terrific. This is a keeper for us and we will return. Khloe was so funny. While waiting for our food, she got up. We asked where she was going and she said "on the ride!". We were cracking up as she went boating by us, waving like a lunatic. My kids are way to comfortable at Disney! After dinner it was pouring and I made my family walk all the way to England for something I wanted to pick up. We were pretty much swimming there, it was torrential rain and wind. Ooops. They didn't have it. Sorry family.:blush: Then we walked all the way to the monorail and Katie was a bit nervous to be on it in the wind. Then we walked all the way to our room from the TTC. We were as wet as fish. Soaked to the bone. We got changed, and headed to the lounge for desserts and Wishes. They didn't do any of the ground fireworks, maybe because of the wind??!! Some woman in the lounge was frantically arranging chairs and saving them for her family before Wishes. So bizarre because the windows of the lounge are top to bottom. You couldn't miss the fireworks if you tried. She was taking Steve and Kai's chair when they got up to use the restroom. It was so fresh. Anyway..to each his own. We stayed in the lounge until after 11pm. just relaxing and watching the storm. Another great day.

SBETigg
08-27-2008, 04:41 PM
It's pretty cool to see the storm action, isn't it? We were there during Hurricane Wilma a few years ago, and it was really thrilling. Not ideal, perhaps, but definitely interesting. Too funny about the woman with the chairs. The Seeds tour and the dive both look great! You're having such a fun time. Thanks for sharing it all.

laward32
08-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Darn that Fay. At least you got a huge majority of your trip in before she hit. That pic is just amazing. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

tinkerbell04
08-27-2008, 05:26 PM
I am glad to hear that you got to do so much even with the downpours and weather. Thanks for sharing, I love the pics.

Lizzie
08-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Thanks for another report of another fun day.

RedSoxFan
08-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Despite the rain, it sounds like you had another wonderful day.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the report

mickey&missy
08-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Wow! Is that you on the beach in the rain?! Your a brave women! I'm glad you guys all had fun on the tours! Can't wait to read more!

buzznwoodysmom
08-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Fay can't stop you guys!! You had an amazing day despite the horrible weather. I love all the pictures of your girls. They look like they are really close to one another. We are going to have to do the behind the seeds tour next time. My mom always comes with us on vacation and she loves gardening. I'll have to surprise her with that next time. That's funny about the lady with the chairs. Some people get so crazy about those things at WDW. It always cracks me up to see them franticly trying to get everything together.

Mackflava99
08-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Your trip has become an adventure- it seems like whatever happens you are all able to have fun, that is so wonderful.

So how did they like the dive?

mouseketeer mom
08-28-2008, 09:40 AM
They loved the dive. It was their third time and they said it was as wonderful as the first! They said there was this one child on the tour that kept getting out of the water because he got salt water in his mouth and he wanted a drink of fresh water. He did this a few times and was driving the dive master crazy.

Mackflava99
08-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Excellent- I am glad they had a great time, its a terrific tour- one of WDW's best

dtootsie42
08-28-2008, 01:22 PM
Sounds like a terrific day!!!

I had to laugh at your description of the lady saving chairs for her family. We have experienced that a couple of times and it always makes me laugh to see people being so frantic about a few chairs when the windows are so huge and there really is not a bad view wether you are sitting or standing. :laughing:

DizNee143
08-28-2008, 02:27 PM
glad the storm didnt stop you guys from going out to the parks and having fun..sounds like a great day..minus fay! lol..

dolphinmickey9170
08-28-2008, 04:42 PM
What an awesome day! Thanks for sharing.

ChipnDaleGal
08-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Sorry that Fay has affected your fashion choices, but I am glad that she didn't stop you from having another terrific day. Thank you for sharing it with us.:mickey:

pdrlkr
09-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

wilshade
09-01-2008, 12:19 PM
I have just one question . . . about that first pick . . . . Who was the sap outsi . . . .er . . uh . . oh . . excuse me . . . . What the heck were you doin out there?

Awesome report and pics!

faline
09-11-2008, 08:29 PM
The picture of the wind blowing the palm trees around was pretty amazing! You clearly have a very flexible family - capable of having fun no matter what the weather throws at you!

mouseketeer mom
09-11-2008, 08:42 PM
I have just one question . . . about that first pick . . . . Who was the sap outsi . . . .er . . uh . . oh . . excuse me . . . . What the heck were you doin out there?

Awesome report and pics!

Ha Ha!! Yes, I was the sap outside. Determined to conquer Disneyworld..no matter what!!!!!!