PDA

View Full Version : Out of New Jersey and into the Frying Pan Day Six!

mouseketeer mom
08-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Sad..sad..sad..today is our planned transfer to the Beach Club, club level. The kids really wanted to stay here again and we decided to split this trip using a great bouceback offer. We started the day at Captain Cooks surrounded by ducks as we used some more snack credits for breakfast. The kids went to the arcade to play, and to the beach to walk, while we went to the room to pack up for our move. The most amazing thing is that the beach by our room was always empty. The Poly was at full capacity, and no one was ever on "our beach" but us.http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1760.jpg..no matter what time of day we were there, it was only us 5. Strange. Packing was easy. We called Bell Services to move our bags to the Beach Club.. we had 11 bags at this point with all the goodies we purchased.:blush: DH and I almost cried leaving the Poly, but we did. We hopped on the monorail to spend some time at MK before we could check in at the BC. Khloe and I didn't eat much in the am, so she and I grabbed our traditional turkey legs for a snack. Only Khloe and I share the turkey leg tradition, everyone else can't even look at us while we eat them! http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1887.jpg Honestly, I just had a part of it before I was done. I like to have them each trip, but there is only so much I can eat of them. They are so bizarre. We played all morning in the park..hitting some favorites..Katie's favorite tradition is Casey's..so we headed there for a late lunch. We watched the family fun parade while we ate.http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1890.jpg We took a spin around the park, running into Peter and Wendy, no one was in line for them!! http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1893.jpg We stopped at the confectionary on the way out to use up snack credits. I got a big bag of coconut patties, peanut butter cups (tigger ones!) and Mickey rice crispie treats! We hopped on the BC bus and off we went! It started pouring on the way..and that was the beginning of our time with Fay. Check in was troublesome. They did not put us in the room type we had booked. They instead put us in a standard room (on club level) right over valet. I mean, right over valet. Our balcony sat right over the ME busses, that stunk, that were noisy,...all we could hear was the valet guys shouting to one another, slamming doors, the smell and sound of busses and cars. A far cry from the paradise of the Poly. A far cry from the room we had booked. There was no place to move us. The BC was full, the only rooms left, concierge or otherwise, were right over valet. This was not OK. They were apologetic for the mistake, and offerred to move us back to the Poly. We accepted. I got my kids out of Stormalong (they were there with Steve)..we quickly packed and a car came to take us and our things back to the Poly. They put us in lagoon view concierge., where we have always stayed in the past. And oddly, we got the same room we have always gotten for the past 4 trips!!! On the ground floor. Perfect. It took up a large chunk of our day, but we were so happy to be back to the Poly. They offered an ADR in the evening for dinner, (as ours was booked for the BC in the eve, and we were no longer there) they would drive us!! We didn't go that far. We were just happy to be back and had a lovely dinner at Kona's. Khloe loved her fruit and chocolate fondue!http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BD_009.jpg..We love our usual room and couldn't believe how it was ours again. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1916.jpg We hung by sunset point..and soaked it in.http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1909.jpg Steve caught a picture of us girls loving being back at the Poly. We watched Wishes before bed from our patio this time, and were still amazed out of all the rooms at WDW, we keep getting this one over and over..and we aren't even asking for it!

yjgirl32
08-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Another great report. Love the pictures. It's so nice when things go your way. Glad to hear you got your room back. Can't wait to read more.

Mackflava99
08-27-2008, 10:16 AM
WOW-
You guys did a good job in taking a potentially messed up situation and making it work out well- Hey that is some magic i guess :)
I cannot believe all the mix up-
The beach Club needs to get their act together- We had the same issue with not getting the room we reserved. They blamed it on construction-
Its sad that they couldnt think to call you ahead of time to let you know?

But they did get you a great room back at the Poly

I am glad it worked out

#1disneyfan
08-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Glad everything worked out for your family in the end. Sounds like you are truly having a great time!

DizNee143
08-27-2008, 11:29 AM
yay! i was right! lol...sorry you had to go through all the chaos and confusion but glad you guys were happy with the end result beingback at the poly..i have to say that is the cutest pic of you and your daughters!!! definetly one that belongs in a frame! oh no..fay has arrived...

tinkerbell04
08-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Wow! What a day!! I am glad that you got everything worked out and are back where you are meant to be....can't wait to read more.

Lizzie
08-27-2008, 12:18 PM
What a chaotic day. Glad it all worked out for you.

buzznwoodysmom
08-27-2008, 02:49 PM
So sorry you had to switch resorts, but at least you were all very happy in the end. You seriously have me second guessing my decision to book Beach Club for our Mardi Gras trip. I hope we didn't make a mistake. I've been reading around about the Beach Club and I've been seeing some bad reviews.

Anyway, glad to see you are back "home" and in the same room you've had so many other times. Here's hoping the rest of your trip goes as well as the beginning without too much interference from Fay!

laward32
08-27-2008, 03:32 PM
I am glad everything worked out and you were able to go back to Poly. Your pics are great. Thanks for sharing your memories.:mickey:

SBETigg
08-27-2008, 03:57 PM
So glad it worked out for you. Obviously, this is destined to be your room! Love the picture of the three of you girls. Too cute!

RedSoxFan
08-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Sounds like you were meant to be at the Poly. Glad everything worked out for you. The picture of you with girls is beautiful.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Glad you got to go back to Poly

mickey&missy
08-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Wow! I'm so glad everything worked out! I can't believe you go "your room!" That's disney magic! I love the picture of you and your girls on the beach!!

dtootsie42
08-28-2008, 01:13 PM
Wow!!! You write a terrific report and I have enjoyed reading every segment.

I truly believe that the disney magic was at work with the mix up at BC. We always stay at the Poly and every time we talk about trying something else our three girls go nuts. After your experience they'll never want to try any where else!!! I'm so happy that it worked out for you all and you got your special room.

I love the picture of you and your girls. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-28-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm so glad things worked out for you. The picture of you on Sunset pointe, that is exactly where Ben and I got married. It's such a beautiful spot.

The new room at Poly, what "building" is that in? I'm thinking I might want to stay there for my nursing school graduation party!!

The deluxe dining sounds great. I think I would have to book a breakfast and a dinner everyday and use snacks for lunch. That way the two larger meals were split up.

mouseketeer mom
08-28-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm so glad things worked out for you. The picture of you on Sunset pointe, that is exactly where Ben and I got married. It's such a beautiful spot.

The new room at Poly, what "building" is that in? I'm thinking I might want to stay there for my nursing school graduation party!!

The deluxe dining sounds great. I think I would have to book a breakfast and a dinner everyday and use snacks for lunch. That way the two larger meals were split up.

Our new room was in the Hawaii bldg.!!

ChipnDaleGal
08-28-2008, 08:23 PM
I am glad that you were able to get back to the Poly. It sure sounded like you were struggling with the thought of leaving. Guess your luggage just wanted to go for a ride today.:mickey:

pdrlkr
09-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

wilshade
09-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Will you ever stay anywhere else other than the Poly again? ;)

It's funny. At WDW, sometimes you get caught between "the grass is always greener" and "you can't go home again".

Nice story and pics!

faline
09-11-2008, 08:23 PM
What a great looking family! Guess you were meant to stay at the Poly!