PDA

View Full Version : Out of New Jersey and into the Frying Pan Day Five!

mouseketeer mom
08-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Cast
Me Lisa
DH Steven
DD Katie 14
DD Khloe 12
DS Kai 8

Sunday Morning! We had a Ohana breakfast planned for this morning and it was terrific as always. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BA_022.jpg Lilo and Stitch did not disappoint!http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BA_017.jpg and the energy of Ohanas is as wonderful at breakfast time as it is at dinner. Khloe was the cousin who carried the bread and she loves that bread, when we got to the table she had already snuck some! My DH got another BD cupcake! http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BA_018.jpg At this point the birthday cupcake deliverys were getting ridiculous! We weren't asking for them, the servers just see the button. So far he had a birthday cupcake the first night at Ohana's, for lunch at CRT, for dinner at Narcoosees, for lunch at Garden Grill, for lunch at Brown Derby, and now for breakfast at Ohana's. Steve thought it was time to put the birthday pin away! (he had it clipped to his backpack!) After our delicious Hawaiian brunch we were off to the MK briefly. Katie had some things she wanted to pick up that she had seen, and I was hoping to do Laugh Floor Comedy Club. We had our tea scheduled this afternoon so we didn't have much park touring planned..we thought this was our last day at the Poly (we had a transfer planned..more about that later..) and wanted some down time at the resort. At Laugh Floor I texted my joke in beforehand and they used it!! Here goes..."Why does Cinderella stink at sports?"..."Because her coach is a pumpkin"!!! We were excited our joke was used and our name said! This is where the boys and girls in my family split up! The boys decided to stay in the MK, they did Indy Speedway, and Swiss Family Treehouse and Splash Mountain and got some roasted cinnamon nuts as a snack. The girls and I took the boat to the GF for the afternoon. I had a blowdry scheduled at the Ivy Trellis. I do this every trip for a treat. Then we had our girls only tea at the Garden View lounge! This was an experience we would do again. We had such a special time. We were seated at a wicker table set (one couch, 2 chairs) in the very pretty lounge.http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BA_004.jpg..my girls smiled the whole time as we were treated like royalty. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BA_005.jpg We ordered the Buckingham tea. The girls each got to choose their own tea..I chose the Gardenview blend, Khloe the lemon, Katie the Princess blend. We all had our own pot. It was in the most beautiful China and you couldn't help but feel how special this afternoon was. We started out with tea sandwiches. 5 of them! Khloe and I loved the chicken salad, grilled pear and gorgonzola, watercress and cucumber, and shrimp salad. Katie on the other hand couldn't get past the unusual sandwiches and didn't eat much. She made up for it on the next course, scones and devenshire cream..then onto the pastry course. We had girl talk and enjoyed our time together. We walked back to the Poly on the path after stopping in the GF gift shop to get a Jasmine pin for Kai. The girls saw it while I was getting my hair done and wanted to get it for him. Back at the Poly, they left the pin with a note from "Jasmine" since Kai wasn't back in the room yet. Kai was so excited when he saw it..he really thinks Jasmine was in our room!!! See, this is what happens at WDW..the kids all get along soooo much better!!! We found Kai and Steve by the pool and joined them for a while. Off to Downtown Disney tonight. Wolfgang Pucks cafe did not disappoint. We love it here, but again, waaay too much food. We were full after appetizers. Because remember, all of us get one! Normally would would share one or two instead of all of us having one. And then with this dining plan we push ourselves to eat the entree, then there's dessert next. We all felt uncomfortably full. We walked off our meal with a visit to the Cirque store. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BD_035.jpg We are huge Cirque fans and have seen 5 different ones so far. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BD_038.jpg Katie is a gymnast and would love to be a part of Cirque one day. We went to another store on the West side that had all different autographs from celebrities. We enjoyed looking for our favorite stars...well, Johnny Depp in particular..:blush: We spent time with the Legos.. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BD_033.jpg We got some samples at Ghiredelli, then off to WOD..It was packed, which was good, so I didn't have the desire to shop as much! I got some things for my car, the girls and Kai got some mushy Disney pillow things, and I got a rolling duffel for a new carry on. We headed for the bus as we heard thunder, and made the trek back to our room. We caught Wishes, then right to bed. We thought this was our last night at the Poly so we were sad..things would change tomorrow.

yjgirl32
08-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Very Nice report! Can't wait to read more.

tinkerbell04
08-27-2008, 09:34 AM
What a great day! I love the review of the tea for the girls! Thanks for sharing.

Mackflava99
08-27-2008, 10:09 AM
You guys had such a terrific day- i m glad you had fun at the tea-

I am chuckling about the note from Jasmine..

#1disneyfan
08-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Last night at Poly or not......hmmm can't wait to read more!

DizNee143
08-27-2008, 11:21 AM
oooh alittle supense in the trip report..i have a feeling you end up staying..otherwise you wouldnt of brought it up...but then again i guess i could be wrong..possibly..lol..sounds like another great day in the world...im really enjoying reading all about your vacation!! :mickey:

Lizzie
08-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks for another great report with all the fun pictures.

buzznwoodysmom
08-27-2008, 02:45 PM
The tea sounded great. That's a really special way for you and your daugthers to have time together while on vacation. I am glad you all enjoyed it so much. Ohana's breakfast, yum! Your girls are so sweet to think of their little brother and get him a pin, that is such a cute story.

This is off topic, but I didn't know your son's name was Kai. We considered naming Landon Kai if he were to be a girl. We were actually considering Chloe or Kai among several other names. You and I must have the same taste in names.

laward32
08-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks for sharing. I was glad to hear your review on the afternoon tea. I was looking at doing that on our next trip with my two girls and mom. Your little boy is so cute. I think its great that they are getting along so well.:mickey:

SBETigg
08-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Love hearing about the tea, and the Jasmine pin story is too sweet! Thanks for sharing!

mouseketeer mom
08-27-2008, 04:28 PM
The tea sounded great. That's a really special way for you and your daugthers to have time together while on vacation. I am glad you all enjoyed it so much. Ohana's breakfast, yum! Your girls are so sweet to think of their little brother and get him a pin, that is such a cute story.

This is off topic, but I didn't know your son's name was Kai. We considered naming Landon Kai if he were to be a girl. We were actually considering Chloe or Kai among several other names. You and I must have the same taste in names.

Thats really funny. If Kai was a girl he was going to be Kaila. Kai means ocean in Hawaiian. Next to his family, my husband loves the ocean more than anything in the whole world. Thats how Kai's name came to be.

RedSoxFan
08-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Another great day. So nice of Jasmine to stop by with a gift for Kai.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Your tea sounded amazing....

mickey&missy
08-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Another great day! The tea looked great! Can't wait to read more!

buzznwoodysmom
08-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Thats really funny. If Kai was a girl he was going to be Kaila. Kai means ocean in Hawaiian. Next to his family, my husband loves the ocean more than anything in the whole world. Thats how Kai's name came to be.

I had watched some reality TV show while pregnant for Landon and there was a guy on the show named Kai and I thought it would make a good girl name (we already had a boy name picked out). We knew Kai had something to do with Hawaii, but I don't remember if we were sure what it meant exactly. The name suits your family very well, considering that the Poly is your "home away from home". What's also funny is that my brother in law has a daughter named Kyla.

dolphinmickey9170
08-28-2008, 04:17 PM
What a great day. It's always nice to have a little "girl" time and "guy" time. Thanks for sharing.

ChipnDaleGal
08-28-2008, 08:15 PM
What a terrific day. I just loved all the details of your tea time with the girls. And the Jasmine pin story is so sweet. I am really enjoying your reports. I have to tell you that your kids have the most beautiful smiles.:mickey:

wilshade
09-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Very nice story! Kudos to the girls on the Jasmine pin idea. Good sisters are hard to come by! :number1:

pdrlkr
09-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
09-12-2008, 09:56 PM
What date was it when you were at Monsters Inc? We were there when this joke was used.

What a lovely tea you had with your daughters!

mouseketeer mom
09-13-2008, 09:03 AM
What date was it when you were at Monsters Inc? We were there when this joke was used.

What a lovely tea you had with your daughters!

Wow, really? The date was Sunday, August 17th .We're you there??!!

faline
09-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Wow, really? The date was Sunday, August 17th .We're you there??!!

We didn't arrive until the 28th so someone else must have texted the same joke which was used when we attended! Too funny!