PDA

View Full Version : Out of NJ and into the Frying Pan! Day 4

mouseketeer mom
08-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Today we woke up on a quest to do Toy Story Mania!!! We knew we had to get there early if there was any chance of riding. We used our snack credits at Captain Cooks and ate at the bus stop while waiting for the first bus to DHS!
We were in line by 8:20. They had us put our tickets thru at about 8:45 am, and then we all sprinted for the rope!! We were about 5 people deep from the rope, and the lines looked like they went on forever behind us. A sea of people. We watched the opening show, and then they dropped the rope!!!! Suddenly I was an athlete!! My whole family was caught up in the excitement, and we ran!!! I headed to fastpass for TSM with all 5 Keys to the World, and my family got in line. I quickly had 5 fastpasses in line to use for later in the morning, and I joined my family in line!! http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1817.jpg The que was fun, Mr. Potato head was terrfic,..until...we got right next to him to interact. Then he stopped. Just completely stopped talking and moving. Bummer. He broke down. The ride itself was so much fun. Very different then Buzz..so fast moving and high energy..our only complaint was that it didn't last longer! It takes some practice tho! I doubled my score when we rode the second time! http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1820.jpg Oh how I loved being at the park so early. If I had my way I would do this each day! Its vacation tho, right, so some compromise is in order for my sleepyheads! We toured almost the whole park by lunchtime. Then off to the Brown Derby! http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1834.jpg We had a great lunch, altho it was alot to eat midday. While eating Otto van Bon bon., an actor at DHS came by our table to say we were sitting in his usual booth and how awkward and everything and made a big scene involving the rest of the tables around us about us needing to leave so he could have his table back! He even quickly fed my little guy his lunch. It was sooo funny. He was so entertaining and my kids loved being in the center of the action. We finished with dessert and another birthday treat for my DH. That button works magic!!http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/DSCF1840.jpg After lunch we got in line for TOT, yeah crazy, right? What were we thinking, right after lunch??!! Well, we didn't plan it, my DS and DD 12 had never rode it before. They had a burst of bravery and we rode it! Back to the resort after that to recover from our already long day. We ended up renting a pontoon boat and cruised around the seven seas lagoon. So very relaxing. Tonight we were too full for another table service meal, so off to Epcot to grab Fish and Chips for DH and I, and Japanese for my kids. We all ate in the Japanese Pavillion together. We caught the Mo-Rockin show, belly dancer and all, and my DS was mesmerized again..brought back memories of Jasmine..;) Off to top off our night with some fudge from Germany, and then a ride on the Maelstrom. We had some Viking fun afterwards. http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BA_025.jpgandhttp://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/lcrimando/07BA_026.jpg. We walked out and joined illuminations which just was starting..gets me every time. I love that show. Then the loooong walk to the monorail, then the loooong walk back to the Poly. Whew. I get tired just thinking about it!! We fell into bed!

dolphinmickey9170
08-26-2008, 10:44 PM
What a fun day. We missed TSM this trip. I couldn't take the wait!

SBETigg
08-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Long, fun day! I love your Viking crew. :D

#1disneyfan
08-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Another great day! We too just stayed at the Poly and I have to agree, from Epcot and from the resort, what a LONG walk!

Thanks for sharing!

Mackflava99
08-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Ok, first, i am jealous you got to ride TSM and we didn't :( and then you got to do it a 2nd time.... oh well i will do it next year.
But seriously i am glad you got to do it and won the mad sprint for the FP..

I like the HBD alot, its a really unherelded meal. Sometimes a little too much to eat, but very good.

I am also glad you guys didnt get stuck on ToT like we did.
wow, you guys must have collapsed that day, that's really a long day !!

Lizzie
08-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Thanks for another great trip report.

Kisobel
08-27-2008, 06:49 AM
what a great day.

kate

Ropachs
08-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the pictures - fun to see places we've not yet been to, like the HBD. Your trip sounds perfect!

mickey&missy
08-27-2008, 08:00 AM
Another great day! TSM sound like a great ride! I can't wait!

tinkerbell04
08-27-2008, 09:03 AM
What a great day! We pretty much had to do the same thing in June to be able to ride TSM, but it was an awesome ride. Thanks so much for sharing.

yjgirl32
08-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Very good report. Brown Derby was another place we might try. Glad to hear you liked the food. My DS3 got very brave and rode TOT. He loved it. Lots of fun. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

DizNee143
08-27-2008, 10:56 AM
yet of course another great day!
seems like all you guys do is eat! but its seems your enjoying most of what you have..so thats a plus..that stinks mr potato head broke on you guys..was he working the second time around? :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
08-27-2008, 02:14 PM
yet of course another great day!
seems like all you guys do is eat! but its seems your enjoying most of what you have..so thats a plus..that stinks mr potato head broke on you guys..was he working the second time around? :mickey:

Well, the second time around we fastpassed, so we were not in the Potato Head que.

And yes..it does seem like all we did was eat. It was ridiculous. No more deluxe dining plan for us in the future!

buzznwoodysmom
08-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Lisa,

Another great day. I am glad you all liked Toy Story Mania, we loved it too!! It sounds like you all tolerated the heat well! I remember that being a big concern of yours prior to the trip. Off to read more.

laward32
08-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip and pics. The vikings pics were so cute.:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
08-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Lisa,

Another great day. I am glad you all liked Toy Story Mania, we loved it too!! It sounds like you all tolerated the heat well! I remember that being a big concern of yours prior to the trip. Off to read more.

Yes. The heat was pretty tolerable since it was overcast for a good portion of our trip. I was grateful for that. We did have some periods of intense heat with the sun beating down, but much less than I anticipated!

RedSoxFan
08-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Sounds like another great day. I look forward to TSM --- I will have to remember to fastpass as soon as we get into the park.:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-27-2008, 07:44 PM
That's funny about the actor, I didn't know they did that at Brown Derby

ChipnDaleGal
08-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Sounds like a really fun experience at the Brown Derby. Another great day for your gang. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

wilshade
09-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Dang! You guys cover a lot of ground in a day! Nice report! Thanks again for the pics!

pdrlkr
09-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
09-12-2008, 12:02 PM
What a fun day!

Toy Story Mania was really fun! Disney has a hit with that ride! However, I never managed to receive more than a beaver for my tries!