PDA

View Full Version : Pet Resort ??

iceicebritney
08-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Hello All! Anyone know any info about the proposed "Pet Resort?" I've done a search on the internet and haven't been able to find much information - other than the press releases announcing the resort.

Anyone know where its going to be located? Have any pics of it being built? Any idea when its going to be done? Etc...

My puppy hates when we leave her to go to WDW!

MNNHFLTX
08-26-2008, 05:50 PM
If you've seen the press release, that is about all the information I've seen on it too. Even the Best Friends Pet Care website (who took over management of the current kennels in January) does not mention the new pet resort.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

big blue and hairy
08-26-2008, 05:55 PM
If I recall correctly, it's going to be near Port Orleans. I do know, according to the Best Friends folks, it'll be open summer 2009.

:sulley:

TheRustyScupper
08-26-2008, 06:15 PM
1) The only new resort I have heard of is the new Four Seasons.
2) Please do a cut-and-paste quote regarding this.
3) I didn't think that Disney was building new resorts (except DVC's).
4) Let alone pet-friendly.
5) There are just too many liabilities involved.

big blue and hairy
08-27-2008, 08:41 AM
1) The only new resort I have heard of is the new Four Seasons.
2) Please do a cut-and-paste quote regarding this.
3) I didn't think that Disney was building new resorts (except DVC's).
4) Let alone pet-friendly.
5) There are just too many liabilities involved.

Best Friends Kennel Scup...

TheRustyScupper
08-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Best Friends Kennel Scup...

1) I found it!
2) Sorry, but I read the OP text as a resort that was pet-friendly.
3) I did not read the post as a pet-resort-only (upscale kennel).
4) If you are a four-legged friend, the amenities sound pretty darn good.

"Best Friends Pet Care Inc. has signed an agreement to build and operate a full-service, luxury pet resort at Walt Disney World Resort. The one-of-a-kind facility will cater to park and resort guests as well as Walt Disney World employees, providing a full range of pet hospitality services including dog and cat boarding, day care and grooming services, and doggy day camp.

Pet guests will enjoy such amenities as luxury suites with television and raised bedding, activities such as nature walks and playgroups, and pampering services ranging from ice cream treats to bedtime stories. The state-of-the-art facility will be located on Bonnett Creek Parkway in the Walt Disney World Resort, and is expected to open in mid-2009."

DisneyDog
08-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Sure sounds nice. Wish I could stay there. LOL. My doggies would have loved that.

However, I don't know about the liabilities. Universal's resorts are all pet-friendly and they don't seem to have any problems with it. We used to stay there rather than board our doggies when we lived in Florida. Frankly, I think Universal's hotels are far superior than Disney's (and visa versa on the parks).

big blue and hairy
08-28-2008, 09:07 AM
I am very much looking forward to the opening of the new Pet Resort or as DW likes to refer to kennels, the Spa. As you can see we're in easy driving distance. We've boarded our dog at Best Friends a couple of times for the day, but with the size of facilities, we don't leave her there for more than one night. The Best Friends folks on Disney property are very nice, and I'll definitely take Coty there when the new facility opens.

Daisy'sMom
08-28-2008, 05:03 PM
That would be wonderful, we would love to bring our Cody. I don't know if he would love it though unless they had a doggie day care. We have used the kennels, but felt guilty. :mickey:

big blue and hairy
08-29-2008, 08:25 AM
That would be wonderful, we would love to bring our Cody. I don't know if he would love it though unless they had a doggie day care. We have used the kennels, but felt guilty. :mickey:
I'm pretty sure that is planned.

Goes4FastPass
08-29-2008, 09:05 AM
[quote=TheRustyScupper;1725976]...Pet guests will enjoy such amenities as luxury suites with television and raised bedding, activities such as nature walks and playgroups, and pampering services ranging from ice cream treats to bedtime stories...quote]

When did the need for quality kenneling lead to luxury suites and pampering?

I guess when the rich became richer and the poor became invisible.

big blue and hairy
08-29-2008, 03:24 PM
[When did the need for quality kenneling lead to luxury suites and pampering?

I guess when the rich became richer and the poor became invisible.

Everybody sells themselves that way now. I don't know what the price will be once the new place opens, but currently, they are considerably cheaper than their competition.

MNNHFLTX
08-29-2008, 05:08 PM
When did the need for quality kenneling lead to luxury suites and pampering?

I guess when the rich became richer and the poor became invisible.All the boarding places are marketing these types of "amenities" to attract those willing to pay for them. I'm sure their regular rates will still have to be competitive though, for the rest of us. ;)

big blue and hairy
08-30-2008, 07:49 PM
If you Google "Best Friends Pet Care", you'll find their website and get an idea of their prices. All the locations aren't the same but they're close.

waymickey
09-01-2008, 06:07 PM
So this Pet Resort is a fancy kennel? Not a resort where pets can come and stay in the room? Are the pet friendly resorts at Universal
fancy kennels or are the Dogs allowed in the guest room?:mickey:

Goes4FastPass
09-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Disney = Kennel
Universal = Pet stays in room.